Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girl11

I'm So Depressed...Think I'm Going to Seriously Have a Scar. Any advice?

Or at least some encouraging words to help me cope right now because I'm so severely depressed over this. All I want to do is stay inside and cry. And please don't say 'don't pick' because now I really know, no matter how harmless and small something looks, it can turn into a disaster and I wish I could go back to a few days.

This was just a blackhead on my forehead that had been there for awhile. It wasn't inflamed but it looked like it was ready to come out, so I attempted to squeeze it a few days ago and it just got red and there was a tiny hole but I never saw the blackhead come out. I just let it be, and it scabbed up as a thick yellowish scab in the middle. This morning I took the scab off b/c normally it's okay by 2-3 days later, but it wasn't like a regular scab, it was soft underneath and there was still a fresh hole with some yellow pus or something inside it. I ended up going to the derm today because I didn't know if it was infected. He wanted to put a cortisone shot to help the inflammation, but I said no to it because while it's red, it's completely flat and a little indented where the hole is also so I didn't want the cortisone. It pretty much looked this awful before I went to the derm. I just asked to extract whatever was left because maybe I pushed the blackhead in, and I just want it to heal without worrying about more stuff coming up. He said a little remaining blackhead came out, but that was it. For now, I'm going to keep polysporin on it 24/7. I'm just so terrified thinking of the scar that I'm going to have from this. It's right in the center of my forehead. I wish I could go back and not pick it.

Anyone ever do something like this and it ended up okay? do you think Polysporin could help it? It usually does help but the hole looks pretty deep. I'm just so worried and depressed and sick over this :( I'm attaching pictures so you can see how bad. I will never, ever pick again. I've never had this happen from trying to squeeze a blackhead, I don't know how this could happen.

Edited by girl11

Did you pick at the lesion?

I attempted to squeeze the blackhead a few days ago. It didn't look that bad though there was a little hole where I probably pushed the blackhead in and the skin around it got red after I did that and it ended up scabbing up. But normally the scab will come off fine a few days later, but when this came off, I don't think it would have mattered if i left it for days, it was a hard crust but underneath the hole was still as raw as it was a few days ago, and bigger this time, and there was fresh looking yellow stuff sticking out of the hole which is probably why it didn't close. I went to the derm quickly today to extract whatever else was in there while it was still an open wound since I thought maybe it can't heal until the pore is actually cleaned out. Which is weird because anytime I've tried to squeeze a blackhead and failed, it just means that when the scab comes off, the blackhead is still there like it was before. I don't know what happened this time. I hope keeping the Polysporin on for the next few days helps...I'll even wear it when I go to my dr appt tomorrow, I don't care. I don't want a scab to start forming since that obviously trapped the crap under it last time.

I think I knew something wasn't healing right when I noticed that the redness around the scab wasn't fading like it normally does after a few days, and that the scab looked yellowish and raised.

Edited by girl11

Also the first picture was when the mark was hardening a little as a scab but when I got home, I cleaned it off and put ointment on. That's why in the second picture you can see a more obvious hole in the middle of it.

Did you pick at the lesion?

I attempted to squeeze the blackhead a few days ago. It didn't look that bad though there was a little hole where I probably pushed the blackhead in and the skin around it got red after I did that and it ended up scabbing up. But normally the scab will come off fine a few days later, but when this came off, I don't think it would have mattered if i left it for days, it was a hard crust but underneath the hole was still as raw as it was a few days ago, and bigger this time, and there was fresh looking yellow stuff sticking out of the hole which is probably why it didn't close. I went to the derm quickly today to extract whatever else was in there while it was still an open wound since I thought maybe it can't heal until the pore is actually cleaned out. Which is weird because anytime I've tried to squeeze a blackhead and failed, it just means that when the scab comes off, the blackhead is still there like it was before. I don't know what happened this time. I hope keeping the Polysporin on for the next few days helps...I'll even wear it when I go to my dr appt tomorrow, I don't care. I don't want a scab to start forming since that obviously trapped the crap under it last time.

I think I knew something wasn't healing right when I noticed that the redness around the scab wasn't fading like it normally does after a few days, and that the scab looked yellowish and raised.

I think Polysporin is fine for the time being.. I really have to just tell you that I think you need some kind of an intervention for your skin picking. I'm not trying to be mean.. really. I'm just trying to help because you are making your skin worse by picking at it. The red marks, scarring, and increased breakouts are caused by the picking. It's a vicious cycle. I'm not sure what to tell you, but I will say this: you are not doing your skin any favors by picking at your scabs and squeezing your blackheads. You need to leave your skin alone and let it recuperate. I understand that picking can be a very difficult habit to break, but this is practically OCD-like behavior. You are exacerbating the problem.

I know, I have been trying to work on not picking my skin. The thing is, I've never had this happen with a blackhead. Normally they come out easily, and if they don't, there's a tiny scab that forms that goes away in 2 days. I don't know what happened with this, but it looks as if I picked and picked at it, when that's not what happened. I did take the scab off today (which was a few days' healing time), but I think if I would have left it for a week, it still would have meant the scab was only trapping the pus underneath the surface. When it came off, it came off easily. Maybe the skin is different on my forehead? I know, I sound like I'm making excuses which I shouldn't do. I just didn't expect to have something so horrible happen from squeezing one little blackhead.

I hope this time really does teach me a lesson on not picking because I'm terrified, worrying about the mark that's going to be left behind. And in such an obvious spot. I'm going to be stressing about this constantly now.

Guest Timehealsall

it might scar, but its okay. Your forehead skin looks great, and you can keep that as a battle scar

just dont pick anymore

salt water should really take down the swelling and a litle sun, I take plenty of supplements as well which drastically speeds up the healing phase for me whenever i get a zit, but I havent had one in since a month ago. lucky me

Edited by Stavs16

The skin on my forehead was my clearest area, but now having most likely an indented mark in the center of it will ruin it :( My husband thinks I'm being silly and says it'll go away and not scar and that I'm worrying over nothing, but he's not looking at it up close and seeing that in the middle of the red mark there's a hole/crater that I think is probably going to be a scar.

When I left polysporin on last night, there was some pus that came out but hasn't accumulated since so hopefully that means any infection is out and it can heal. It doesn't hurt, it just looks horrible.

I have to go to out to a dr appt today, and I'm so embarrassed but I'm going to wear the ointment because I want this to heal with the moist wound healing and not scab at all. I'm not going to put a band aid on either because sometimes I get a reaction from the adhesive. ugh, I just want this to get to a point where it's closed, healed skin and I can cover it with concealer.

HELLO,

DR VIDARA HERE

DONT WORRY ITS SIMPLE, START TAKING MEDICINE AVIPATHKAR POWDER 1TSP. WITH MILK DAILY MORNING EMPTY STOMACH, ITS AN AYURVEDIC MEDICINE,

IT WILL HELP IN HEALING AS WELL AS NOT TO REOCCUR ANY PUSTULE ON FACE

go for leech therpy, it sucks all toxicity superficially

Edited by vidara

I hope you're right. It's lighter in color today, but I can still see a hole/indent. I hope the ointment helps it fill in.

I know this was a while ago, but I don't think you need to worry. I've done way way worse and had it not scar. I know firsthand how hard skin picking is to break, but don't give up. You can do it,

To the OP seek therapy. If one little scar is going to destroy your life, you really have deep seeded issues that immediately need to be addressed.

Upon further reading it seems your pregnant. These dramatic emotions over your skin certainly can't be good for the health of your unborn child. Shouldn't you be concentrating on the upcoming birth of your child instead of obsessing over a blackhead? I am by no means an authority on parenting, but when I was pregnant, I read book after book about parenting, I did not obsess about my skin.

You could suffer from postpartum depression if your acting so dramatically over a tiny blackhead right now, and the possibility of a scar. I am seriously worried for the safety of your child.

Edited by demona