Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ralph 7 lauren

How to treat acne with natural oils/vitamins?

Hello there,

I am a 19 year old male from Georgia. I had absolutely clear skin until 16 or sophomore year in high school. I had gone so much time without acne, that I thought it only affected other ppl. Well i was wrong, and it hit me . i have had acne since and i am desperatly trying to help treat and prevent it. I have only recently found out that some natural oils are good for acne, like tea tree, rosemary, grapeseed, castor, ect. well my mom happens to be a natural vitamin seller and she carries ALL of these things. I have them all at my disposal I just don't know what to do with them. Someone please help me out, I have moderate acne I guess, but it sure feels like it can get pretty severe sometimes. If someone out there successfully gives me a list of what I will need to clear and any tips..and it WORKS. I will ship 3 oils or vitamins of your choice to your address free of charge. I am not kidding. I am excited to see what help there is on this. oh and i have been taking e-400 twice a day. my mom seems to have all this stuff seriously. brewer's yeast, vitamin e, oils, freakin everything i just don't know how to put them together. unfortunately neither does my mom. So I am putting my trust in you guys. Any help would be great thanks.

ralph7lauren

Guest Timehealsall

ive heard jojoba oil works wonders for some

jojoba has great moisturizing effects and flake control, but unfortunately not all skin types can handle it, i personally used it for about 3 weeks and it causes major breakouts and cysts which i havent had in years. not for everybody but a good product if your skin can take it!

Guest Timehealsall
jojoba has great moisturizing effects and flake control, but unfortunately not all skin types can handle it, i personally used it for about 3 weeks and it causes major breakouts and cysts which i havent had in years. not for everybody but a good product if your skin can take it!

true. TBH anything i have come to realize can cause major breakouts...

sucks

i am going to list for you the cheapest, must have supplements for acne

multivitamin- the source naturals life force multiples multivitamin is probably the best valued multivitamin on the market. It was rated 4th out of 500 multivitamins on the market a couple years ago and still maintains its presence at the top of the list even today. It is cheap too (35$ for 3 months worth), with vitamins and minerals coming from highly bioavailable forms as well as benefitial extracts. Truly a staple in my regime even as a bodybuilder.

http://www.vitacost.com/Source-Naturals-Li...ultiple-No-Iron

fish oil - NOW ultra omega 3 is ridiculously cheap for the quality oil you get. Each capsule contains 750 mg of omega 3 fats (500 EPA/250 DHA). A bottle of 180 caps should last you roughly 3 months and you will NOT find such a highly concentrated fish oil anywhere for such a low price, I guarantee everyone that.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/store/now-ultra-omega.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/ultra3.html

astaxanthin- strongest known antioxidant known to man. 550 Times More Powerful than Vitamin E. Enough said, if you are worried about the redness of your acne or inflammation, this will significantly help reduce that, I use this everyday and its great for weightlifters who stress their joints constantly

http://www.vitacost.com/Nutrex-Hawaii-BioA...ral-Astaxanthin

Probiotic/candida cleanse supplement - maintain your intestinal flora balance, it is so important that this is maintained because candida can lead to many things, especially other skin conditions. It could also be a big factor in your acne.

http://www.vitacost.com/Rainbow-Light-Candida-Cleanse

zinc also has a good reputation for helping acne sufferers, you can give that a try if you want.

other things you should also consider: organic apple cider vinegar, fiber supplement with psyllium husk, and plenty of water

Edited by Stavs16

take the brewers yeast as a supplement - it's packed with B vitamins. You can supplement it with some B12 to get the full spectrum of b vitamins. They are great for the skin.

Tea Tree is a really good spot treatment but you have to make sure to dilute it as it is very potent. I'd dilute it at least with 50 percent water or a carrier oil. Just use it as a spot treatment on an active lesion (apply and leave on).

For overall face oil, my favourite is avocado oil. When moisturizing with oils, always remember to only use 2/3 drops.