Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSM Million

Scarring and Redness

I still take BP and some SA but I don't think it's doing me any good..I still get some active acne every once in awhile, but other than that I have these nasty red marks and I have ice pick scarring under my eyes and on my cheeks, what do you guys recommend? Should I quit taking BP and let my skin rest? I've about to try fasting to see if it helps at all, I've really tried everything over the last 8 years...any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

I've had acne for about 8 years now, and I'm about to be 21..I've tried BP and SA many many times, I've tried different regimens with no luck I was even looking into fasting...I have some scarring of course which is not my biggest worries I just wanna get rid of the redness and whatever I have, I can't seem to get rid of it at all and can't seem to get any advice either really...Please take a look at the pics and tell me what you think and what kind of acne I have exactly..

Sorry for not shaving hah, I try not to shave alot because it just makes it worse..

Please give any feedback or suggestions or if you know what this is exactly..

Here are more pics, please give me some feedback

http://s584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Z...3-53-43_740.jpg

http://s584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Z...3-53-35_621.jpg

http://s584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Z...3-53-14_574.jpg

http://s584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Z...3-50-09_942.jpg

http://s584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Z...3-49-15_188.jpg

http://s584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Z...p;current=1.jpg

post-63531-1313128279_thumb.jpg

post-63531-1313128279_thumb.jpg

I recently switched to tea tree oil from bp and it works fairly well on my active pimples. Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque is also good for drying them up and improving pores. Fading pih used to take forever for me, but I've been using the olay microdermabrasion & peel system and it's great. Or you could probably just peel from Makeup Artists Choice.

Boxcar/ice pick scars are almost impossible to get rid of. I've had mine for 15 years and nothing has worked so far. It's even worse because each indentation is pigmented a dark red/brown. Some say derma rolling is good....haven't tried it yet though.

Guest Timehealsall
I recently switched to tea tree oil from bp and it works fairly well on my active pimples. Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque is also good for drying them up and improving pores. Fading pih used to take forever for me, but I've been using the olay microdermabrasion & peel system and it's great. Or you could probably just peel from Makeup Artists Choice.

Boxcar/ice pick scars are almost impossible to get rid of. I've had mine for 15 years and nothing has worked so far. It's even worse because each indentation is pigmented a dark red/brown. Some say derma rolling is good....haven't tried it yet though.

its still pigmented? wtf

Thanks Fade, I went out and bought that olay microdermabrasion & peel system, even thought I didn't feel very manly buying it haha, but I spent the 25 bucks and just used it, face feels great, but can't notice much difference but it's only the first time, so we'll see...I work in the heat all day, so I will have to wait until I get a few days off to try any actual peels

BP, Benzoyl Peroxide, irritates skin severely and can actually make red marks look a lot worse! I used it as a spot treatment for a few months several years ago, and it definitely made my marks look far more pigmented than normal. I suggest laying off the BP for awhile and seeing how your skin reacts. If you need a good spot treatment, I highly recommend 100% Tea Tree Oil, doesn't matter what the brand is. It is an all-natural, antiseptic and antifungal treatment. You only need one dot of the liquid to kill the pimple. It is very powerful. However, you have to be careful to not burn the surrounding skin. Just use a gentle hand and lightly apply it on the lesion.

Guest Timehealsall
BP, Benzoyl Peroxide, irritates skin severely and can actually make red marks look a lot worse! I used it as a spot treatment for a few months several years ago, and it definitely made my marks look far more pigmented than normal. I suggest laying off the BP for awhile and seeing how your skin reacts. If you need a good spot treatment, I highly recommend 100% Tea Tree Oil, doesn't matter what the brand is. It is an all-natural, antiseptic and antifungal treatment. You only need one dot of the liquid to kill the pimple. It is very powerful. However, you have to be careful to not burn the surrounding skin. Just use a gentle hand and lightly apply it on the lesion.

i dont think tea tree oil will burn the skin.. if it does, its temporary (so just use water to mix it with tea tree oil)

i dont think tea tree oil will burn the skin.. if it does, its temporary (so just use water to mix it with tea tree oil)

It can if you use too much. It can cause a chemical burn and leave a red mark that will take months to fade. You can mix it with water, sure, but it will not be as effective.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to pick some up...I've noticed that the BP is just making things worse, I'll pick some up for sure..

No problem. It's a great product to have on hand. It has many other uses besides being a spot treatment for acne. I bought a generic store brand of Tea Tree Oil for $18.. pretty pricey, if you ask me, but I've had the bottle since last November, and have hardly used a quarter of it. Best of luck to you.

bp reduces inflammation, so it should reduce redness

but if it irritates your skin, as it does to Sima, then you'll either have to keep it on for a shorter duration before washing it off, or not use it at all

you have many very shallow scars, your options include tca cross and laser, but neither of theses will improve them completely. your third option is excision, but im not sure i'd risk excising all of those scars

Edited by Brawn

I'm going to try that, It really doesn't bother me that much, as I know it brings down alot of people, but in all reality it does not bug me alot, sure I'd love to have clear skin but I would be happy to just clear a little up..shoot some days I even somewhat in a SMALL way like my scars haha..Thanks for the tips guys

Btw, I know there is a ton of info on here about peels and good sites and whatnot, but anyone wanna suggest a good site and % with possibly a link?

Thanks a bunch guys!