Notifications
Clear all

Booked In For Recell **** 8 Months After** Pics Page 12

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/11/2011 7:30 am

post-153821-1313065743_thumb.jpgWOOO HOOO!! surprised.gif

Next wednesday 17th august i'm having ReCell done by Dr Ahmed at Sculpta in Glasgow.

The scar will be lightly lasered before the 'spray on skin' treatment.

He's also going to inject the cells or PRP to go deeper into the indented area to help fill in the scar.

I know this will help the pigment and texture but i'm bl**dy hoping it will improve the indent aswell.

Full results wont be immediate can take a good 6-12 months.

Heres pics of the scar in 'Good (flattering)' 'Average' and 'Bad light'

post-153821-1313065765_thumb.jpg

post-153821-1313065797_thumb.jpg

post-153821-1313065743_thumb.jpg

post-153821-1313065765_thumb.jpg

post-153821-1313065797_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 08/11/2011 7:53 am

sounds like it would work!! lets us know how it goes.. i have similar scarring as you and im thinking about taking a trip over there..

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/11/2011 7:55 am

Well i told the doc I had a lot of people would be showing an interest in this..to make sure he does the very best job he can!

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 08/11/2011 8:02 am

so true if this does work soo many people would flock there! im so excited about recell i think thats the answer for our stupid scars of course it would be combined with some type of laser treatment or subcision..

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/11/2011 8:27 am

i dont think its necessarily the whole answer but its as good as it gets for now....I'm hoping for enough improvement to justify the cost. In an ideal world I would hope fo enough improvement to not have to wear a fringe (or 'bangs' for you over the pond) as i have done for 15 years now..

MemberMember
(@weidong)

Posted : 08/11/2011 8:27 am

i really feel sorry for your scars as i do for myself....good luck to you and you will def get rid of your scars by the time you get recell...

i looking forward your good news....

MemberMember
(@mr-don)

Posted : 08/11/2011 8:29 am

Good luck !

I'm sure you will have a good improvement in skin color and texture.

But I'm not so sure if the indentation will be improved much.

Anyway, hope everything goes well for you.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/11/2011 8:31 am

Really hope it works out for you!

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/11/2011 9:11 am

Good luck !

I'm sure you will have a good improvement in skin color and texture.

But I'm not so sure if the indentation will be improved much.

Anyway, hope everything goes well for you.

can only hope.....i could maybe look at fillers after. although the doctor seems to think its too shallow for any fillers. Im not so sure, as i can 'fill' it myself with Daphne silicon make-up and leave it looking flat (although thats not a solution for me as the make up is not as invisible as its meant to be!)

still, I'll cross that hurdle when i come to it.

I just really really REALLY hope this is worth it

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 08/11/2011 12:30 pm

This is awesome. Finally someone willing to try Recell and with before and afters to boot. How much is he charging you? If you're getting PRP done you might aswell ask if he can apply some of it on your skin along with the Recell Spray. The platelets would speed healing even further.

MemberMember
(@ematrix)

Posted : 08/12/2011 9:30 am

good luck!

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/12/2011 10:33 am

This is awesome. Finally someone willing to try Recell and with before and afters to boot. How much is he charging you? If you're getting PRP done you might aswell ask if he can apply some of it on your skin along with the Recell Spray. The platelets would speed healing even further.

I almost dont want to say how much it costs cos its pretty expensive and i dont want to look like a fool if it doesnt work

what i will say is, he's doing it me discounted as im an existing client, and im happy to be identified / used in promotional material if it goes ok

(still over 2k though )

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 08/12/2011 1:40 pm

I almost dont want to say how much it costs cos its pretty expensive and i dont want to look like a fool if it doesnt work

what i will say is, he's doing it me discounted as im an existing client, and im happy to be identified / used in promotional material if it goes ok

(still over 2k though )

Don't worry, you won't look like a fool. Recell is one of the most promising treatments out there, even if it doesn't work at least you won't be thinking 'what if' down the line. 2k is quite cheap, I was quoted a price of 3500 in Harley Street.

MemberMember
(@roller)

Posted : 08/12/2011 7:50 pm

is A2k for the Re-cell alone or the combo?

was the A3500 quote for re cell from Harley St, the combo with laser or just Re-cell?

3500 seems pretty expensive.

I believe the going rate Avita Medical/Recell distributors sell the kit to doctors is $1200 USD. Everything is else is pure profit and it seems to be a relatively simply and quick procedure.

Anyways... I hope you have great results. I am looking into it myself.

MemberMember
(@roller)

Posted : 08/12/2011 7:57 pm

Also, where is the donor site? Also, will the donor site heal and be invisible over time? If you are doing multiple recells, will you use the same donor site? Im just curious if the donor site will stay visible permanantely or not.

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/13/2011 1:40 am

the donor site is behind the ear /neck area as far as i know

i'd assume i'll have some scarring there as i scar so easily.

a scar on my neck wouldnt bother me one bit though- its nothing in comparison to other body scars i have that ive learned to live with ok

MemberMember
(@s2007)

Posted : 08/14/2011 9:17 am

WOW! I am so excited for you - please keep us posted

I am condsidering recell for a surgical scar on my nose so I will be paying close attention to your outcome

I am thinking of flying to Australia - but would go to Scotland if this Dr knows what he is doing - you have to be so careful.................

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@s2007)

Posted : 08/14/2011 9:22 am

have you considered skin expansion for this scar?

???

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/14/2011 10:09 am

have you considered skin expansion for this scar?

???

no, not something that has come up in my research or suggestions by any consultants. How would that work?

MemberMember
(@s2007)

Posted : 08/14/2011 10:32 am

well - they place an inflatable gel sack in your skin for a month or so to expand the skin - like when a women gets pregnant!

I would do a google search on tissue expansion / forehead scar

I do not want to dissuade you from the recell (I have an interest!) BUT it looks like your scar could be closed 1st w/ a revision so that it would become a "hairline scar" and then you could treat it w/ recell ???

Did any of your consults suggest revising the scar surgically??

I just had a large scar on my nose closed by Dr Menick - I am still in Arizona and get the stitches out tomorrow

I am sorry for bringing this up but ??? I am very curious about what was said in your consults - please remember I AM NOT A DR!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@s2007)

well - they place an inflatable gel sack in your skin for a month or so to expand the skin - like when a women gets pregnant!

I do not want to dissuade you from the recell (I have an interest!) BUT it looks like your scar could be closed 1st w/ a revision so that it would become a "hairline scar" and then you could treat it w/ recell ???

I just had a large scar on my nose closed by Dr Menick - I am still in Arizona and get the stitches out tomorrow

I am sorry for bringing this up but ??? I am very curious about what was said in your consults - please remember I AM NOT A DR!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@s2007)

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/14/2011 1:28 pm

I've had 2 surgical revisions done on this scar already. The results was better than the original scar (which was a huge dented lumpy mess) but there was an obvious 'step' to the sides of the line. ive spent the last 10 years trying to smooth out that site. The result- the indented area left by a laser too deep.

so im not keen to go an excision route again.

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/14/2011 1:31 pm

i have a slight dilemma right now. Due for the recell wednesday and there's a big family wedding next weekend. while i can hairspray my fringe down im a bit concerned the dressing will be visible.......i dont suppose anyone here knows what kind of dressing will be used? i dont want to have to reschedule.....

MemberMember
(@roller)

Posted : 08/15/2011 3:44 am

the donor site is behind the ear /neck area as far as i know

i'd assume i'll have some scarring there as i scar so easily.

a scar on my neck wouldnt bother me one bit though- its nothing in comparison to other body scars i have that ive learned to live with ok

Perhaps the scar wouldn't bother a woman, but it might bother men with short hair :). When you get the chance, please ask about healing and visibility of the donor site over time. I wish you the best of luck. By the way, the bangs look great on you ...