Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmusen

The WORST part of every date

After the date is over, the waiting game for whoever texts first begins.

(Text him "goodnight" it's too soon; text him the next day, you're too eager; text him 3 days after, you're not interested anymore.)

When I go on dates, the girls normally text me that same night saying '' I hope you got hope safely'' or something, I think it shows they care then and they're not too interested:)

When I go on dates, the girls normally text me that same night saying '' I hope you got hope safely'' or something, I think it shows they care then and they're not too interested:)

Good idea! I'm tempted to do that but I'm waiting 'till tonight until he does.

In order for this to be a useful protocol, the majority of people who text after a date would need to be unaware of time lapsed. They would need to send out their texts in perfect synchronicity with their wants and desires.

Obviously, judging by the responses here, that's now how these things work.

If a girl waited until she sincerely felt like texting her date, then typed and sent it on genuine impulse, the amount of time she waited might be a legitimate indicator of her interest in that person. Maybe she sent a text immediately, and that might mean she's clingy. Or maybe she waited a little long because she hadn't really been thinking about him.

The point is that there is something there to interpret, because she is sincere.

However, once the system becomes a sort of dating "code" it completely falls apart. Nowadays, the interval before first contact is something that the majority of daters are conscious of. They either delay or quicken their correspondence depending on how they want to present themselves.

So, if your date is complicit in this convoluted, decoder-ring nonsense, he will not read between the lines that you are interested. He will perceive that you want him to think that you are interested -- and that's probably because you are in fact interested.

But it doesn't eliminate the possibility that you were in the 'eager' camp and waiting to press Send.

:liar:

I'm sure he would be happy to hear from you.

I never text a guy first no matter what, i always let them start the text...and i text really slow so they wont think i like them that much

Oh, the humanity.

I caved in:

ME: JOSH!!!

Josh: Yesh?

ME: Okay you're alive, good.

Josh: Lol okay?

ME: I'm cooking omelette. COME!!!

Josh: Hahahaha I'm singing Glee songs in my undies.

Yay!!!

lol as a guy i never text after a date. all u gota do is wait it out and the girl will cave in, atleast in my experience

After the date is over, the waiting game for whoever texts first begins.

(Text him "goodnight" it's too soon; text him the next day, you're too eager; text him 3 days after, you're not interested anymore.)

Damn, I wish I had your problems, haha.

i know, it's pretty stupid. wanting to call/text but having to control yourself not to scare them away. in my teens i actually did this and it came out pretty naturally. right now i feel like i'm not as flexible anymore

Im glad my girlfriend didnt follow these stupid rules that I MYSELF was following.. trying not to appear to interested, too needy, etc etc. I can't tell her I care about her, or that she's amazing, because we've only known

each other a few weeks? I think its all a bunch of bullshit. I'm so glad SHE didn't follow these stupid "timelines" otherwise I wouldn't be with the most amazing girl Ive ever met. She took the initiative letting me know she was interested, when I didnt have a clue, and she let me know very early how she felt about me. Just go for it, call him/her up the same night. If you get dumped for appearing "too interested" then that person isn't worth your time. just throw the watch out the window, as if time didn't exist.