Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dear All

I am 34 and have suffered from acne since the age of 12. You name it and I've tried it, everything from Roacutane and acupuncture. I take the contraceptive, that doesn't work.

Had my hormone levels checked and been told they are fine.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

How many courses of roaccutane have you been on? Also if you dont mind me asking what is your weight and what was your prescribed dose (as in mg/day)?

How many courses of roaccutane have you been on? Also if you dont mind me asking what is your weight and what was your prescribed dose (as in mg/day)?

Hello

Thank you for getting back to me. I had two courses. I am quite petite and I think at the time I weighed about 7 and a 1/2 stone so my dosage I don't think was that high, I think 10mg. I do remember the second time I had it, they did increase the dosage I think to to 15mg.

Thank you

Hello

Thank you for getting back to me. I had two courses. I am quite petite and I think at the time I weighed about 7 and a 1/2 stone so my dosage I don't think was that high, I think 10mg. I do remember the second time I had it, they did increase the dosage I think to to 15mg.

Thank you

Hi

First of all I am sorry for the late response. Anyway even though your petite, I dont think a course of either 10 mg or 15 mg will cut it. The usual recommended dose of Accutane is 1 milligram per kilogram of body weight daily. So 7 1/2 stone = more or less 48 kg. this means your derm should prescribe you atleast 40 mg/day and at most 50mg/day.

I suggest you make an appointment with your dermatologist and ask him for this dose.

Edited by Therios

Dear All

I am 34 and have suffered from acne since the age of 12. You name it and I've tried it, everything from Roacutane and acupuncture. I take the contraceptive, that doesn't work.

Had my hormone levels checked and been told they are fine.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

this is sad,I am in the same situation as you but I am 10 years younger(also had acne,sometimes very severe since I was 12)

How long did remission after Accutane last?

Have you tried diet change or something holistic?