Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
niknakm

Help from anyone... How do I get rid of these tiny zits around my mouth and chin... uuuhg!

Hi,

I've been taking Spiro for several months now along with birth control and it has helped my entire face except my mouth and chin area. My Dr. upped my does of Spiro to 100mg a day to hopefully get rid of the mouth/chin acne, and it did go away for a short time, but came back after about 1 month. I'm not sure what to try now. I've been on Accutane 2 times and it was terrible. It worked, but really bad side effects and the acne promptly returned. Anyway, any suggestions from anyone? I think I'm going to try a progesterone cream since it blocks androgen's and in theory that is what the Spiro is doing as well. Any help/suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!

What toothpaste are you using? I switched from regular Crest whitening toothpaste to Pepsodent and it made a huge difference in the tiny clogged pores around my mouth and chin area. My derm told me the Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in Crest Whitening and other whitening brands severely dry out the area around your mouth and cause irritation, thus leading to breakouts.

eta: Actually, I don't even use Pepsodent now. I rinse with Hydrogen Peroxide to help with my gingivitis, rinse with Listerine Whitening, and then brush with my electric toothbrush for 2 minutes. I had bad gingivitis in my back molars where it's hard to reach with a toothbrush. Hydrogen Peroxide really helped kill the bacteria and it whitens your teeth, too.

Edited by Sima

Thanks! No harm in giving it a try. I've heard of this before, but I thought as long as you didn't get it on your chin area you wouldn't break out. I guess if you are brushing it would be absorbed through your mouth and bother those areas on your skin. I'll give it a try. Thanks!