Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi guys so my beautiful sister has mild /moderate acne on her jawline and around her mouth lately

she has taken accutane but she didnt take it like she was suppose to :naughty: naughty naughty

so shes thinking about either ordering proactiv, skin id, or max clarity foam

what do u guys suggest?? ;)

I would not recommend proactiv. I tried it for months and it's hard to stick to, it doesn't feel refreshing or anything at all, hated using it. It barely helped at all, and the little difference wasn't even worth the feeling or irritation.

I haven't tried the other two, but another big one you'll hear about is murad, and I had no luck with that one at all.

Clinique's acne solutions helped the most as far as the pricey lines I've tried, it's about the same price as the others I'm pretty sure. They have a trial kit. It's light and, while it didn't clear my acne up as it's pretty bad, i found it enjoyable to use. If she doesn't have too bad of acne then I think that's one to start with, it's easy to stick to and they have counters at places like Bealls and Macy's, which is convenient if you run out of something and need another, that way you don't have to wait for the next shipment to come in.

If she hasn't tried over the counter products then she might look into those first, they're cheaper and might be a good move depending on how bad her acne is.

Edited by JadenBee

hi guys so my beautiful sister has mild /moderate acne on her jawline and around her mouth lately

she has taken accutane but she didnt take it like she was suppose to :naughty: naughty naughty

so shes thinking about either ordering proactiv, skin id, or max clarity foam

what do u guys suggest?? ;)

Hey! I suffered from acne for years! And if I have learned anything, its that cleaners and foams DO NOT WORK! If they did we wouldnt be on a forum looking for answers haha. When I got out of college I found that it was my diet that caused me to break out! I soon found this step by step online book that basicly layed out what I could and couldnt eat and now I HAVE NO MORE ACNE :D This forum wont let me post links. If your interested u can email me at: [email protected] Just trying to help :)

BEST OF LUCK!

I think you guys should look up Yelp reviews on local estheticians and have her go see the best of the best. If she doesn't want to use prescription products she should get sound advice from a skin care professional. :)

no DO NOT GO THAT WAY, just tell her to put stabalized aloe vera gel or a moisturizing shielding lotion like (skin MD natural) and let her ride it out... those things you just mentioned (proactive, skin md) is total garbage and will cause more acne in the future.

no DO NOT GO THAT WAY, just tell her to put stabalized aloe vera gel or a moisturizing shielding lotion like (skin MD natural) on the area and let her ride it out... those things you just mentioned (proactive, skin md) is total garbage and will cause more acne in her future.