Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
norcalboarder

pot n drinking/acutane

if i go smoke with my friends what will happen to my me??? i just got home from alittle bit of a kick back and had a very small amount to drink... i dont drink to get drunk just drink to loosen up. so expecialy wats gunna happen if i smoke pot?

You'll curl up into the fetal position and twitch and die. ohmy.gif

Nah, seriously though, the only thing it'll do differently is put a lot of extra strain on your liver. Accutane puts a strain on one's liver, and pot/alcohol/drugs/whatever also tend to strain one's liver, so combining the effects could be bad. Also, it's possible that you'll become intoxicated more easily. (I got pretty tipsy off of one and a half margaritas. biggrin.gif)

But smoking pot is bad! People don't realize just how bad it is... I'll skip the rant, 'cause I know you don't want to hear it, but honestly, if you're going to do drugs, there are plenty of them that are safer and less-bad... ph34r.gif

But smoking pot is bad! People don't realize just how bad it is... I'll skip the rant, 'cause I know you don't want to hear it, but honestly, if you're going to do drugs, there are plenty of them that are safer and less-bad...

But smoking pot is bad! People don't realize just how bad it is... I'll skip the rant, 'cause I know you don't want to hear it, but honestly, if you're going to do drugs, there are plenty of them that are safer and less-bad... ph34r.gif

(Sorry it took me so long to respond--I've been off trying to find a place to live this fall when I go to a different university..)

I am not ignorant about marijuana, nor am I brainwashed by the media in this particular instance. I assure you that I am not just mindlessly buying everything the media tells me about drugs--I've read quite a bit of the research myself, written by the medical professionals who conducted it. It *is* true that no one has died directly from marijuana. But it's still doing damage to you when you take it. More specifically, it's doing damage to your brain.

Most of us have met folks who have gotten stoned so much they're permanently stupid, and personally I think that it would suck a lot. Not everyone does though; some people actually believe that if they become stupid, they will be free to be happier. Perhaps it's true in general, but in this case, they are frequently mistaken. Stupidity is the least of a stoner's problems. More importantly, marijuana can cause long-term depression and psychosis/schizophrenia or exacerbate a pre-existing condition, a side-effect that can continue long after one has stopped using it. Because cannabis use will temporarily elevate one's mood, it may seem counter-intuitive to suppose that it could cause or worsen depression.

Depression, however, *can* be effectively treated with appropriate drugs; schizophrenia, on the other hand, is much more difficult to treat. If I recall correctly, and in this particular instance I might not, only about 20% of patients with schizophrenia ever recover fully. On the other hand, the suicide rate is about 10%. So, all in all, it would probably be best to just not *get* schizophrenia, wouldn't you think?

But, as for safer drugs.... I recommend any of the opiates. There's a whole family, really--opium, morphine, oxycontin, heroin, vicodin, etc. The catch, of course, is that you have to be careful, because (a.) it is possible to overdose, and (b.) they are very addictive. But on the positive side, they have no longterm side-effects at all.

It's illegal for a reason. And sure, I smoke weed maybe once every month or two. I think weed makes you're inhibitions be gone with. All the stoners I know are disgustly disrespectful and careless at everything they do.

But to answer your question, Accutane shouldn't have any additional side-effects if you smoke weed. The only thing I could imagine is it'd irritate your accutane-sensitive-skin.

Accutane strains the liver (hence the monthly blood tests), drinking will just add to the strain. Could catch up with you in the future, but I think it depends on the person...And no you're not invincible tongue.gif

Okay in reply, smokin weed will NOT hurt u, ever. Okay, if u smoke it with alcohol u get really fucked up and ur more likely to get sick but thats all. Cocaine is a horrible drug Ill admit that but... weed? come on, if youve never done it then u dont understand, its not the devil, im not stupid and ive been in to that shit for a long time. Im not a skitzo nor do i ever know of ANYONE EVER becoming a skitzo from it, so please shut the FUCK up you ignorant hick.

(Sorry it took me so long to respond--I've been off trying to find a place to live this fall when I go to a different university..) 

I am not ignorant about marijuana, nor am I brainwashed by the media in this particular instance.  I assure you that I am not just mindlessly buying everything the media tells me about drugs--I've read quite a bit of the research myself, written by the medical professionals who conducted it.  It *is* true that no one has died directly from marijuana.  But it's still doing damage to you when you take it.  More specifically, it's doing damage to your brain. 

Most of us have met folks who have gotten stoned so much they're permanently stupid, and personally I think that it would suck a lot.  Not everyone does though; some people actually believe that if they become stupid, they will be free to be happier.  Perhaps it's true in general, but in this case, they are frequently mistaken.  Stupidity is the least of a stoner's problems.  More importantly, marijuana can cause long-term depression and psychosis/schizophrenia or exacerbate a pre-existing condition, a side-effect that can continue long after one has stopped using it.  Because cannabis use will temporarily elevate one's mood, it may seem counter-intuitive to suppose that it could cause or worsen depression.

Depression, however, *can* be effectively treated with appropriate drugs;  schizophrenia, on the other hand, is much more difficult to treat.  If I recall correctly, and in this particular instance I might not, only about 20% of patients with schizophrenia ever recover fully.  On the other hand, the suicide rate is about 10%.  So, all in all, it would probably be best to just not *get* schizophrenia, wouldn't you think? 

But, as for safer drugs.... I recommend any of the opiates.  There's a whole family, really--opium, morphine, oxycontin, heroin, vicodin, etc.  The catch, of course, is that you have to be careful, because (a.) it is possible to overdose, and (b.) they are very addictive.  But on the positive side, they have no longterm side-effects at all.

yah dude whoever that is is stupid as fuck. They probably just think the stoners they know are stupid because the smoke weed. What a stupid moron. I know some people like "zha" and I hate them all, cause they are so dense.

I don't know why you would risk doing anything while on accutane? I'm sure you can go without smoking for 5 months or however long your term is.

if you're going to do it, don't do it as often, definetely cut down.

Smoking weed is not bad. "Zha" you dont know what you're tlaking about but i can see you've done a lot of research and you have very good writing skills, none the less i'm not convinced you've actually tried it yourself though and KNOW what you're talking about.

By recommending Opium and rest you just proved how stupid you really are. If you do those things you're a DRUGY!! you're an idiot and i never wanna be like that but smoking weed is so normal and not bad that's why i dont call people who do weed like my friends "Fuckups or Drugys like those on Heroine and rest".

p.s. When i smoke weed i get 4-5 pimples 3 days later same with when i ejaculate. IT's a real problem. You can't have sex/smoke up or masturbate.

when i do.... no matter whoever tells me its not RELATEd.. i dont care i KNOW IT IS!!!!! I even know what TYPE of pimples i'll get if i masturbate. and where they willl appear.

it's always on sides of mouth and generally around mouth/chin area if my sperm comes out. Whether its sex or masturbation.

smoking up fucks me up too..... sometimes i take my antibiotic 2 hours of after smokiing up so it'd kill bacterias but it dont help i get them pimples when i do weed anyways.

Lol. Im virtually wetting myself at your naivety. LOL!! biggrin.gif

K, finished laughing. Are you avin a laff mate?

yah dude whoever that is is stupid as fuck. They probably just think the stoners they know are stupid because the smoke weed. What a stupid moron. I know some people like "zha" and I hate them all, cause they are so dense.

Lol. Im virtually wetting myself at your naivety. LOL!! biggrin.gif

K, finished laughing. Are you avin a laff mate?

Glad I was able to entertain you.

Weed makes you stupid? Long term, daily, heavy use probably does. As does the same usage of say....alcohol. Jesus, if you caned sleeping pills your gonna be a bit vacant.

The abuse of a drug is not the same thing as the recreational use of a drug.

Getting hooked on anything is not good. Food addiction is lethal.

Moderate recreational use of pot does not make you 'stupid'. Maybe the stoners you know are just stupid anyway.

As long as your not high all the time, the odd joint aint gonna turn you into lumbering halfwit beast. blink.gif

Just an afterthought........if addiction to heroin is preventable.........why dont you give it a try and record your results, a proper experiment. Have a see how many hits you can take before you get the taste for it. If its as safe as you say it is and addiction/overdose are ''preventable'' you have nothing to worry about, and you can prove me and your other hecklers wrong eh?

simple answer

i refrained form drinking for 4 months and im on 20mg of roaccutane.

i ended up having a couple of drinks at a pub around 4 weeks ago, and since then drunk heavily 2 consecutive saturdays.

i wake up with a sore stomach/kidney/liver whichever it is, but that usually lasts a day.

try to refrain from drinking unless its a special occasion

I'm not sure this topic started out as a call for everyone's opinions on what are good or bad drugs, surely it was in relation to taking in conjunction with accutane. All drugs are inherently not 'good' for you in some way but we all have our drug of choice and it is just that YOUR CHOICE.

So to that end here are my thoughts: Weed hasn't done me any harm(on top of the probable harm of usual smoking) whilst on Accutane, the biggest prob is that it makes your already dry eyes drier. So i usually take some eye drops with me along with my munchies.

And if we can't be drinkin then we need something to keep us going

I am on 80mg of accutane a day, I get drunker a lot easier now. It takes me half as much to get shitfaced as it did before, keep this in mind when drinking for the first time. I drank my usual amount before 'tane and passed out.

don't drink on accutane, it will do mad damage to your liver, I don't drink at all, I hate the way it makes me feel and hate the hangovers

stick to the precious plant smile.gif , it has helped me so many times when I was depressed about acne, I've thought of suicide, then toked up and all was fine...btw I'm not on accutane yet, going on it in like a week

I actually just started Accutane this week. I was tempted to smoke a little with a friend tonight but I agree with not screwing around even though I think pot is harmless. I just figure If im doing something this drastic to improve my skin why screw around.

sorry for going back to this, but I'd like to address this statement:

But, as for safer drugs.... I recommend any of the opiates.  There's a whole family, really--opium, morphine, oxycontin, heroin, vicodin, etc.  The catch, of course, is that you have to be careful, because (a.) it is possible to overdose, and (b.) they are very addictive.  But on the positive side, they have no longterm side-effects at all.

There is always a risk of death or ill health with any drug. At the very least there is risk of addiction or trouble with the law if you are caught with it. This holds true especially for street drugs that can have God knows what in them.

This forum is NOT to be used for illicit drug tips. Please stop.