Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can someone help me figure out what is going on with my skin and what type of skin do I have. In the last two years something happened to my chin. I have large pores all over my face but the chin as slightly smaller ones. Every couple of days I get this weird grainy texture all over. I have to literally take the edge of my tweezer and flick out a small grain or pebble out of tons of pores. What are these and is my skin oily, dry or dehydrated? I cant go one day without these building up..Sometimes they are sitting right in the pore and they easily come out because they are not covered by anything. The ones in my chin are different. I have to use my blackhead extractor or use my thumb nail to gently push up on the clog and a squishy plug will come out. The pore is then clear for a day or so and the cycle starts again.

I have tried leaving them alone but I end of with hundreds of clogs that need to be dug out. I am currently using a gentle cleanser from Garden of Wisdom called Mild & Clean. It is very gentle and doesnt irritate the rosacea I have. I have tried moisturizing these plugs in an effort to trick my skin into thinking it doesnt need to expell so much oil but this just makes things worse. Here is a list of things I have tried to prevent them and a list of things I put on after I expel the plug in hopes of them not coming back.

I have also recently had two Dermasweep treatments all over, two VBeam treatments and two Smoothbeam treatments. Ive also had one sal. acid peel. None have done anything.

Products Used in the past two years:

Topicals

Finacea Gel

Paulas Choice BHA 1% Lotion and Gel

Differin

Epiduo

Ziana Gel

Clindamycin

Klaron

My Mychelles Skin Clearing Serum

Mandelic Acid 5% and 10%

Oral Supplments and Perscriptions

Doxy/Oracea

Spironolactone

Vitamin B5

Fish Oil

Flaxseed Oil

Evening Primrose Oil

Vitamin D3

BioIdentical Hormone Replacement Cream

I have changed my diet 9 months ago to a relatively gluten free diet, no sugar, good grains, lots of veggies/fruits and no dairy. I also only drink bottled water. My one vice is a black cup of coffee with Stevia in the morning.

Every night is the same as the last and I have sought so many derms and a naturopath who has now referred me to someone who specializes in Ayuvedic Medicine. I dont have one treatment that has worked and dont know what to try to alleviate or change this and cannot see my life like this. The constant picking out of pores is not normal by any means. What else is there to try for me?

Guest Timehealsall

im in a similar boat. have you tried accutane?

since I dont have acne, no derm will perscribe it to me. Im seriously checking out getting it online. There is nothing else left to try and its destroying me knowing there is no end in sight. I just cant imagine this being my existence and what Im stuck with. Its such a defeating feeling when you've done so much and purchased so many things. I cant see the light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe its because I'm 44 and i've been dealing with skin issues for 31years now. How can you convince a derm to let you try low dose accutane?

I'm noticing that lately there are not many replys going on on these boards..Whats going on with people only viewing and not posting..We are all need of guidance and many are desperate for an answer. Is anyone else feeling this?

I'm noticing that lately there are not many replys going on on these boards..Whats going on with people only viewing and not posting..We are all need of guidance and many are desperate for an answer. Is anyone else feeling this?

I noticed this.

I'm sorry I can't help. :(

Sorry things aren't working out lately Wicky :/ If a derm won't prescribe it, you could go to a different derm perhaps?

Hmmmm. Are they pure white and tiny instead of kind of yellowish? Cause my skin does all sorts of things and on the sides of my face on my cheeks I get these little white tiny things that aren't covered by anything. Sometimes it's a little pink around the area. If I leave them alone and just wash, they'll usually just go away, fall out whatever after a little while. Course, I use just water on that part of my face whereas on the rest of my face I use proactiv cleanser. Whatever it is on my cheeks doesn't ever seem to really inflame or anything so I don't worry as much as I do about stuff that goes on in my t-zone or along my hairline where it does inflame. If flicking them out helps, I wonder if regular gentle exfoliation would help if you haven't already tried that, especially if they don't inflame for you. Definitely, don't try harsh scrubs but perhaps something with a smooth texture like the polyethylene beads. I think Dove makes a gentle exfoliating cleanser. I wonder if this could be related to your rosacea somehow?

Maybe you've already tried this, but another thing I wonder is maybe if a gentle facial would help, like maybe the right person would have seen something like this and would be able to not only clean out the pores during the facial but maybe give you some idea what is behind this?

I'm not sure what is going on with your skin whether the problem is oil or dead skin or both. I always thought with my cheeks that if it's just white, it's probably just dead skin cells that need to be gently sloughed off. The only other thing I could think of would be to look at whatever products touch your skin and make sure that's clogging pores somehow.

I know skin issues can be frustrating, I'm 31 and have been dealing with skin stuff for about 17-18 years and anything gets old after dealing with it for 31 years like you have. I hope that you do find your answer soon. Also, I know some women have menopause really help them with skin issues, so I kind of hope all of us ladies won't need to worry so much about fighting with our skin once that change of life comes. We'll probably all look younger than our peers in our golden years for having had to take such immaculate care of our skin.

Guest Timehealsall

wicky, go to a dermatologist. CRY like crazy when you are there, telling them how badly these things affect your life and mental state of mind.

Ask if tane will help, if it does, ask for it. They will give it to you (Try to go to a private one).

I have seen people ON THIS WEBSITE get accutane for fucking blackheads and 1-2 pimples for christ sake... if they can do it, so can you

wicky, go to a dermatologist. CRY like crazy when you are there, telling them how badly these things affect your life and mental state of mind.

Ask if tane will help, if it does, ask for it. They will give it to you (Try to go to a private one).

I have seen people ON THIS WEBSITE get accutane for fucking blackheads and 1-2 pimples for christ sake... if they can do it, so can you

1 or 2 pimples? Really. I have not had that success and mine were cysts. How do they do it? I need to learn to be a better actress!

since I dont have acne, no derm will perscribe it to me. Im seriously checking out getting it online. There is nothing else left to try and its destroying me knowing there is no end in sight. I just cant imagine this being my existence and what Im stuck with. Its such a defeating feeling when you've done so much and purchased so many things. I cant see the light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe its because I'm 44 and i've been dealing with skin issues for 31years now. How can you convince a derm to let you try low dose accutane?

Don't get Accutane online. It might not be Accutane at all. I wouldn't want you to end up taking some detrimental drug!

I wish I could help, but I have somewhat the same problem :/

Guest Timehealsall

1 or 2 pimples? Really. I have not had that success and mine were cysts. How do they do it? I need to learn to be a better actress!

i have no clue how they do it..

thanks for the replys..I have already done the crying thing many many times with various derms. I have done the facial thing, sal peel, dermasweep twice, Vbeam twice and Smoothbeam twice..No change whatsoever in my skin. Everything looks the same as before any of these treatments..Its hard to believe that it hasnt helped in any way.. The things I get in my chin are mostly located in the corners of my mouth and seemed to be attached the hair follicle so Im not sure what that means. Ive tried anti fungal medications topically and internally to combat this but the only thing that removes them is digging them out with my tweezer or blackhead remover since there is a seed like core to them.