Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
merch

Acne and sinusitis

hi all,im an ex-acne sufferer from malaysia . first of all , did any of u know how acne can be related to sinusitis? because here in malaysia we strongly believe that sinusitis does cause acne .In addition,here when an acne sufferers dont react with topical treatments or oral antibiotics , we wont use accutane(because its harmful) but we will find sinusitis treatment and most of us will get a clear face when sinusitis treatment. im not talking about my own experience because i only use retin-A,green tea and honey to treat my acne but a lot of my friends and also 2 of my sisters did the sinusitis treatments to clear acne and also the sinus. so anyone here can explain the link between acne and sinusitis?

so if you had sinusitis or something similar, would using one of those Neti Pots help? I have one at my house and sometimes have trouble breathing anyway. I'll have to start using it and see if theres a difference...... :think:

Me too. Always. I used to assume I had sinus problems, but finally realized I only feel sinus pressure once in a while and once every 5-10 years my sinuses decide to drain and drain and drain. I had always noted that sinus medication never described my symptoms. they were all about runny noses and I always thought if my nose would run, I wouldn't have a problem.

More info on Hyperkeratinization: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/230714-good-things-for-acne-cliff-notes-to-clear-skin-health/page__view__findpost__p__2580171

Wow, never heard of this. I never had any kind of acne breakouts until I was 19. Around this same time I would get bad sinusitis twice a year. My acne has progressively gotten worse, especially in the past year. I had a sinus infection last February and one in October. Very interesting.