Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hanz012

Red bumps on cheek while on 2nd course of accutane?

Hi there everyone! :surprised: I'm new to this forum

I suffered from moderate acne since I was a teenager and was put under accutane 2 years ago. i was given a 20mg/day dosage for 9 months. My skin cleared up and I was acne-free for half a year. soon my acne problems got worse and I'm now on a 2nd course of accutane, which is after another 6 months. I'm still under the 20mg/day dosage. after a month, I noticed that i developed small red bumps under my skin on my cheeks! its slightly more on the left side. I went and see my derm and he merely said its "dry skin". I'm still worried tho as I didn't have this problem when I'm on my 1st course. if its really caused by dry skin, will it go away soon? do I have to use a stronger mosturizer and soap for sensitive skin? sorry for the long rant but I'm quite worried now :( its kinda making me regret for going back for a 2nd course..

Interesting. I'm on my first month on Accutane and also have small, red (sometimes skin-colored) bumps on my cheeks. I don't understand how this could be dry skin, if yours is anything like mine. So do your bumps flake? As in you can peel off a thin piece of skin from them? I just find them strange because they never surface nor are they tender.

I don't understand how your doctor thinks the bumps are dry skin? I mean, isn't dry skin flat, dry, skin? Haha. I always thought they were small cysts. I know Accutane does some strange things to your skin so just bear through it, it's bound to improve probably soon. Sorry I can't help you much; I'm a little lost too at what your doctor said.

Mine's under the skin as well, like little bumps and I can't peel them. I'm thinking it might be that our skin is so dehydrated that our skin cells die and is unable to surface? lol. Thing is I have never had these problems when I was on my 1st course. I'm also thinking it might be that on my 1st month i was exposed to strong sunlight for a couple of days and I couldn't avoid it.

Mine's under the skin as well, like little bumps and I can't peel them. I'm thinking it might be that our skin is so dehydrated that our skin cells die and is unable to surface? lol. Thing is I have never had these problems when I was on my 1st course. I'm also thinking it might be that on my 1st month i was exposed to strong sunlight for a couple of days and I couldn't avoid it.

Haha so strange. Well, I hope they go away cause they look horrible. I've been putting hydrocortisone to reduce inflammation.