Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneFreeVc

Accutane & Facial Scrubs?

Here's some background first:

I'm not sure if I had my IB yet. My skin dried up my first two days on accutane, but then broke out with cysts on my cheek and bottom lip, and a few pimples on my forehead. It sounds like a break out, but my neck (it has 4 cysts in one area!) hasn't cleared and a new cyst appeared this morning.

Here's my question:

I started Accutane 7 days ago and have been using Ocean Salt by Lush, which is the only cleanser that doesn't irritate my skin, but it's a scrub, so it pops my pimples every time I use it. When my cysts become whiteheads, Ocean Salt scrubs them away. I just used the scrub again and it did again, it popped the pimples on my forehead and scrubbed away the cysts turned whiteheads on my cheeks and lips. I'm wondering if I should be worried about this or not. Has anyone saw any major affects from popping pimples while on Accutane? I’ve read the logs and past posts, but there’s not much information in them, except: “Don’t do it!â€

As a side note:

I apply Lush’s tropical treatment Lightning Grease every time I was my face. It stops the bleeding and brings down the inflammation. Even though my pimples are bleeding when I wash my face, Grease Lightning accelerates the healing and my scabs are gone within a day or two. I'm only on day 7, so there’s not much Tane in me and I’ve only had 5 days since my IB. I wonder if Ocean Salt will leave me scarred if I continue to use it. Again, there’s not much Tane in me, so Grease Lightning may not be as helpful 2 or 3 weeks down the line, when there’s more Tane in me.

You should not be using any kind of scrub while taking Accutane. Accutane makes your skin thin and very delicate. My skin was so fragile while taking it. I swiped my nail across my cheek by accident, and several months later, the mark is still there albeit a little lighter now, but still.. scratches shouldn't take that long to heal! You should moisturize heavily, drink a ton of water, and avoid scrubs or topicals of any kind while taking Accutane.

i say opt for a more gentle cleanser because while on accutane your skin is so much more likley to scar if u pop pimples.

Guest Timehealsall
i say opt for a more gentle cleanser because while on accutane your skin is so much more likley to scar if u pop pimples.

what if u dont pop them?