Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fudgefly

Please try Estee Lauder idealist for oily skin!

Bit of background:

I had managed to acheive almost completely clear skin a few moths ago for the first time since I was 11 (now 33). Then I got over confident and tried Argan oil (broke out badly), then tried to self medicate for the third time in my life on low dose roaccutane (broke out badly after 1 week with no change in oil production).

So now I am covered in zits/red marks. But even when my skin was clear, it was super oily and since I couldn't risk more scarring from my roaccutane inital breakout I gave up on it and tried Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing and Skin Refinisher instead.

I received it yesterday (ebay 15ml bottle) I put it on last night (nothing else except eye cream)and in the morning I had very little oil. So I tried it this morning and I have had so little oil breakthrough today I am still in disbelief. How could it work so well, so fast? I mean really, I was about to put myself through the trials of Roaccutane again and this serum is 95% as good at controlling my oil without aggravating my skin.

It is actually supposed to clear your pores and give you smoother skin. It also says it's non-acnegenic.

It takes a lot to get me excited about skincare these days but I actually had a good day today, despite being spotty, because I was MATTE and didn't have to run the the toilets to blot and powder a dozen times :D .

Edited by fudgefly

Interesting. I'll have to get a hold of a sample and test it out. Have you tried the Estee Lauder Sparkling Clean Mattifying Oil Control Lotion? I'm wondering if it would work even better since it's specifically designed for oil control.

No I haven't tried that, but the sales girl recommended an EL day moisturiser for oily skin and I didn't really like it - it just made no difference at all.

This evening I monitored my skin carefully and by now I would be a total oil slick whether I powdered or not but the fresh matte look continued very well - a little bit of oil breakthrough just as as 3pm today but really nothing worth worrying about. I really hope it continues and works for others too!

One more thing. I have also tried the splash away foaming cleanser and that is great if you remove it gently with a muslin cloth, otherwise it leaves a thin matte film which I don't like. Stings in the eyes though so use a separate eye makeup cleanser.

No I haven't tried that, but the sales girl recommended an EL day moisturiser for oily skin and I didn't really like it - it just made no difference at all.

The presence or absence of moisture has nothing to do with how much oil your skin makes.

Yes that's true but I mean the moisturiser didn't even really plump my skin up - I was still oily on the t-zone and wrinkly on my cheeks from dehydration.

The presence or absence of moisture has nothing to do with how much oil your skin makes.