Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandulo

Me, the regimen, and some questions. :)

Sudden Worsening of Acne.

Hello, this is my first post here.

First of all, i'd like to say sorry for the long post. I do have a fair few questions.

Could someone please tell me what type of acne I have? When I first started the regimen I thought I had Mild acne, now I am leaning more towards moderate. I took the assumption that it's not severe.

post-155659-1312522694_thumb.jpg

A little info about me: I am a 19 year old male, have had facial acne for about 3 years. In the past six months it has gotten worse. I have been using DanielKerns products and using them as described for the past month and un-expectantly ran out of BP and cleanser last week. I have ordered more and they should come next week.

I never really 'looked after' my acne, I always thought that i'd grow out of it, or that it would go away. However I've come to the realisation that this may take some time. So hence why I started DanielKerns regimen. Whilst I still had supplies my routine would look like this;

Morning:

-Shower (Warm/Hot, not sure what you call 42*C (107.6*F) With a cold water rinse right at the end)

-Cleanse

-Apply BP

-Moisturise

Night:

-Shower (not always)

-Cleanse

-Apply BP

-Moisturise

Weeks 1 & 2 I seemed to have a slight improvement, with no new breakouts. Week 3 I thought wow. This stuff is working really well. (May have jynxed myself.) My skin was clear, was slightly itchy but it was the best it had been in months. The end of week 4 and start of 5 is where it all got turned around. I started running out of supplies, doing my best to save the last little bits out of the bottle. I had breakouts on both cheeks which is slowly going away 4 days later.

Since running out of BP I have only moisturised after my shower.

What kind of impact does time have results? I tend to just do my regimen as soon as I wake up, and just before I go to sleep. Sometimes this is 10am or 6am. Though i try to keep my nightly regimen approximetly 12 hours after my morning. Should I be trying to have a somewhat stricter schedule? Eg. 7am morning. 7pm night. Will this have much of an effect on results?

I try to change my pillow cases twice a week, and bed sheets, quilt covers once a week. Sometimes once a fortnight if I am feeling lazy.

Currently I have a very laid back lifestyle, with very little stress. (or so i think). I am fairly active and weight to height proportionate. I cut back on my sweets in the past 3 months and really didn't see a noticable difference. I tend to drink ALOT of water, easily drink the 8 cups of water 'recommended.' How ever I do play my fair share of sport. Which leads my already oily skin to feel oiler and dirtier. And I find that after sport my acne seems to be more inflamed and significantly more redness, especially on my cheeks.. Whilst playing sport I wear a hat, though i rarely get forehead acne. Currently only have one pimple in the middle of my forehead.

So my question regarding this is what do I do after sport? I've read that your face should only be cleaned twice a day, but on those days i play sport I just don't feel as if once is enough…

Another question is regarding hair, I'm a male with, relatively long hair. Which I believe is slightly oily. And the tips of my hair reach the centre of my acne on both cheeks. Could or is this linked to aggravation and irritation of the acne? ie. should I cut my hair? lol.

I was just reading over what I wrote. And was thinking about my hair. I have a a fringe, that covers the majority of my forehead. If my hair was some kind of instigator of my acne, do you think i would have more prominent acne on my forehead? Therefore maybe telling me that my hair isn't the main reason I have acne?

What I've found to be the most annoying thing about this regimen is how dry the area between my adams apple and chin are after cleansing. During the 15 minutes I wait before applying BP sometimes it's hard for me to move my head. And even after apply BP and a generous supply of moisturiser i find it rather difficult to cope with the dryness and flakeyness in this area. Where as my cheeks and other facial areas feel nice and normal. Are there any tips i could do to reduce the flakeyness? Yes yes, I've read. Add jobobo oil to your moisturiser. Well silly me forgot to buy some when ordering and I haven't found any local suppliers of it. I do however had emu oil. Though I find it extremly oily.

I'd just like to thank everyone for at least having a read of this thread. I hope that the questions that I have, and the answers or advice that is given can be beneficial to others.

Thank you.

post-155659-1312522694_thumb.jpg

hi!! k imma try to answer all the questions

-i dont think u have to have a certian amount of time between the regimine likei believe u can do the regimine at say 7 then do it at 8 or 6 or whatever=]

-so i would say u have moderate acne doesnt look like its too inflamed tho so thats good!

-i am very active , im a model but i stopped doing that since im considering going into the army.. anywho in order to train myself i have been running 5 miles a day and doing leg strengthning exercises such as squats or lunges and im usually very sweaty after my workout, so wat i do is simple put on the cold water and splash my face(just to cool off) then i put on warm water and for about a minute splash my face with it then im done and it seems to do the trick!!

-as for the hair, i think MAAYBE u should cut it since excess sweat from the workouts and oils accumuliate in your hair and the hair is touching your face, transfering the oil.

-and for flakiness i suggest getting ponds cream its really thick and moisturizing

hi!! k imma try to answer all the questions

-i dont think u have to have a certian amount of time between the regimine likei believe u can do the regimine at say 7 then do it at 8 or 6 or whatever=]

-so i would say u have moderate acne doesnt look like its too inflamed tho so thats good!

-i am very active , im a model but i stopped doing that since im considering going into the army.. anywho in order to train myself i have been running 5 miles a day and doing leg strengthning exercises such as squats or lunges and im usually very sweaty after my workout, so wat i do is simple put on the cold water and splash my face(just to cool off) then i put on warm water and for about a minute splash my face with it then im done and it seems to do the trick!!

-as for the hair, i think MAAYBE u should cut it since excess sweat from the workouts and oils accumuliate in your hair and the hair is touching your face, transfering the oil.

-and for flakiness i suggest getting ponds cream its really thick and moisturizing

Thanks for the reply dollyjoon. So what's the difference between inflamed and non-inflamed acne? As I have large red marks around the pimple. (which i thought was inflammation, maybe the pictures are a little deceiving too)

In the past 2 days, without BP my skin has really worsened. I used to just have spots, now it's like big patches of acne I think it's the worse that i've ever had. And I can't get my hands on the regimen products until they come in. Sometime late this week. What should I do? Just wash with warm water and not apply any other products? It's really frustrating.

Look man, the first month is gonna suck either way if you have bad acne. I have been on the regimen for a year and a half now and recommended it to all my friends and all of them have been highly satisfied with 100% success. The first week or two improves alot. By the third week just like you said you will see the second breakout thats usually the worst one and after that the cycle will continue of being clear then having a breakout for a short time. Have faith and stick to it and after you are clear you will NEVER have another breakout AS LONG as you stick with it. Now of course doing that everyday is hard and you will slip and get a blemish hear and there nothing too bad tho. Have faith man and dont expect a quick fix it wont happen.

Also don't get other over the counter products the acne.org products work perfectly with AHA and jojoba oil and for $16 or whatever the oil is it lasts a LONG DAM TIME. I've had mine for over 6 months now and its halfway full still. Literally 5-6 drops mixed with a pump of moisturizer at night will do the trick. Use 1-2 drops of oil during the day with minimal mositurizer because it can get oily and sticky throughout the entire day.

I'd say your skin is still mild, it just appears really irritated. Probably due to the fact that you're going through the initial breakout stage of the regimen. Which is a bummer cause right around now you should be increasing your Benzoyl Peroxide and you are running out.

As for sports, I totally have the same problem. I work out a lot so I try to do it in the morning before my routine, that way I can still only wash my skin twice a day. If you can somehow plan your regimen 10-12 hours apart right after your sports that'd be best.

As you guessed, it is best to do the routine the same time every day. Doing this will prevent irritation. Again, 10-12 hours apart is key here.

Good luck!

i say u give your skin a break to be honest

at least until the breakots seem to be healing then when u feel like your face isnt so sensitive start doing the regimine again=]

\\hang in there !!

Thanks for your replies and support. I've noticed even without using the regimen products for the last five or so days my skin has slowly repaired itself. Which is good because it takes so damn long for the products to get here. :/

I think I may take your advice 5ive and do my physical activities as early as possible, and then doing the regimen.

Again, thanks for the replies!