Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweden23

My face looks pretty good from the front, BUT then when I look to see the sides of my face...

It looks absolutely HORRIBLE and goes downhill from there!!!!

Omg! :((((

I used to have acne on my back and chest, now they are gone from just not even worrying about it and letting water run over it in the shower, never even washed my back, but washed by chest for sure, its really clear at the moment. (Used to have so many red marks on my back as well)

Does everyone know what I'm talking about comparing the front view to the side view?

So many red marks, it is messin with my head at the moment, I can't stop thinking about it in public, I used to be the best looking one in my grade (sorry for being cocky but I really think I was), and now I have basically not lived up to my potential when it comes to going out/having fun.

Its messing with my head, I hate it, and hate is a STRONG word i only use for acne! :(

Again, face looks good from the front, then on the side, a bunch of red marks!!! :(((

FML.

Sorry for starting my first post being frustrated!

i totally understand where u are coming from i look fine when i look straight on in the mirror but turn to the side i observe every single red mark i get!

my face actually feels smooth when i touch it on the side, but its all red marks, when will they ever leave omg..

Hi Sweden. I feel your frustration too ! I have red marks all along the left hand side of my face and it's so annoying because if it wasnt for those, my skin overall wouldnt look too bad.

they're really hard to ignore i know, but i guess we have to take comfort in the fact that they're not permanant and WILL go away at some point. can't really say how long it takes as everyones skin heals differently but mine have been here for around 4 months. they're fading slowly but still a long way to go.

I'm intolerant to anything on my skin now but i used to use Emu Oil for red marks a few years ago and it really did help them heal much quicker. Wish i could still use it. It might be worth you trying :)

Edited by Blood_red_kimono

i totally understand where u are coming from i look fine when i look straight on in the mirror but turn to the side i observe every single red mark i get!

Don't look to the side.

ty very much

kimono, do the red marks go away faster by not using anything and just washing with water??

Don't look to the side.

blood red kimono is that u in your pic

???

That was a much smoother skinned happier me. aha. damn...miss those days.

You're welcome Sweden :)

Erm...not too sure if just water will help them heal faster but i know that using too many products on your face can make them worse. there's so many products out there that are full of crap. loaded with chemicals and things that really shouldn't be put on skin !

My dermatologist told me that blemishes (apart from acne) need to be moist in order to heal well.

so from her advice it probably would be best to use a good moisturizer on the marks.

personally i use:

cleanser: Faith In Nature Rejuvenating Facial Wash.

moisturizer: 100 Percent Pure Mint White Tea lotion.

Both of those are organic and free from synthetic shite :)

Edited by Blood_red_kimono

Blood r k: Same I react badly to commercial products too. I’ve heard good things on acne.org regarding emu oil for red marks. I tried Rosa Mosqueta Oil a few years back and it helped with healing red marks, faded quicker. I only stopped using it as I started suffering from small pimples.

Sweden23: I have a friend from Sweden! :) I think it varies from person to person, healing time that is. Red marks do fade eventually. I have just a few right now which normally fade within a week. I only use water to wash my face; you could give that a go. I've been drinking delicious fruit smoothies a lot lately, skin’s looking pretty nice. May well be an internal thing.

Edited by RQ77

If you just have red marks, rest assured they will fade over time. I know that it feels like it takes forever but they will fade. It can take months though. Products with hydroquinone or retinoids can help speed up the process and I'm sure there's some natural alternatives too. It could be that you are looking in the mirror when your skin is irritated as well. Maybe shaving just makes your red marks look even worse for a few minutes. My red marks always get temporarily redder after I wash my face, take a shower, etc and then fade a few minutes later. Also, in certain lighting they look A LOT worse like bright bathroom lighting. In the daylight and under normal room lighting they don't look anywhere near as bad.

Thanks for the responses! <3

The only active pimples i get is above my mouth, should i just switch my tooth paste.???

IDK which one to get but i heard one ingredient causes acne, and i know i have it on my toothpaste(too lazy to check right now).

Which toothpaste is best without that ingredient that may cause breakouts?

omg i literally know exactly what you mean. When i see my face from the front it's pretty much ok (apart from the triangle of big spots that have decided to flare up on my cheeks and forehead haha) but then when i turn to the side...red marks reminding me of how horrible my skin was, and stopping my face from having an even colouring. really upsetting :/ but atm this weird triangle on my face is verrryyy annoying, especially since im six months into accutane...argh, this sucks :/ xx