Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My acne tends to get REALLY itchy at times. And i know i shouldn't scratch, becuase when I do my acne seems to multiply or triple in even just an hour. I have really oily skin, but also really sensitive skin (judging by how easily I get acne). Anything too strong causes more acne and flaking, even though my skin is still oily. I've been using green tea mosturizors, and I'm still not sure if that's been working. The only thing I've found that works is ocean water, and I don't live near an ocean, but maybe something similar to that might work (haven't found anything though). I was also thinking that this might be some sort of allergy. Everytime i eat junk food (it seems to be chocolate in particular) is when my acne gets itchy and irritated. Any ideas or tips?

~Thanks! :) (by the way i think i put this under the wrong topic, so I'm putting it under here instead ^^)

Edited by Kiaquaii

Well, that might be an allergic reaction. Does your skin flush or swell, is there any additional rash occuring temporarily along with regular acne lesions? I remember the skin on my body used to get unresistably itchy when I firsty scratched it/ picked on my lesions, and then put isotrexin on it to prevent it from going haywire due to my not very sensible attempt... it got red, and tight, and as i mentioned before very itchy, so it's obviously a severe irritation, most likely is an allergic reaction.

As for an advice for not scratching, get yourself some thin cotton gloves, or even put socks on your hands ( ;) ) through the material you won't hurt your skin and spread the infection or irritate the lesions, but rubbing will still bring relief. Calcium drinks should help from the inside. But you should pinpoint your allergenic foods and avoid them religiously, as the inflammation they induce might be the cause of your acne.

Edited by annayake

Well, It depends on the situations.

Do you get that 'itchy' reaction only when you eat particular foods? or basically usually?

If you are in the first case, then It's absolutely allergy-related reaction.

So in this case, almost every problem is solved with one tablet of Zyrtec.

I don't have any other symptoms other then it being itchy, and it seems to be only when i eat junk food. I'm going to go to the doctors somewhere in the next couple weeks (I forget the exact date) and going to ask about it. I will try the sock thing though, lol. Thanks! :D

I don't have any other symptoms other then it being itchy, and it seems to be only when i eat junk food. I'm going to go to the doctors somewhere in the next couple weeks (I forget the exact date) and going to ask about it. I will try the sock thing though, lol. Thanks! :D

This really sums up my acne too. It gets really itchy a couple hours after I eat like a pizza or something. Also when I go to the beach for a week no matter how bad my acne was before it my face is completely clear when I leave (even the red marks go away). However, a few days after I get home I get some pimples again. I'm really trying to use water only now (have been doing it for exactly 2 weeks) instead of using BP and I'm finding my face to be EXTREMELY oily and itchy no matter what I eat. Its terrible but i know it will be better for me in the long run. i hope.

itchiness happens for several reasons, the big two that stick out in my mind are dryness and allergies (an internal irritation). I know I get itchy skin sometimes in the mornings if I have water on my face and I have AC blasting in my face, doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes. I don't have acne, but I still never scratch my face.

I get itchy skin when i excercise and sweat, seems to be largely the areas which have some acne on it. Don't know what it could be, i mite try wearing a singlet when i excercise but it's probably not the solution.