Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kms_10

need help setting up new regimen...

hello,

long time acne.org reader...everyone seems so helpful here so i'm just wondering if anyone can give me some suggestions to put together a new regimen... (i apologize in advance for being so long.)

my acne...started getting pimples in 4th grade, got increasingly worse from there...i've tried various over the counter products and been on lots of different perscriptions and oral antibiotics thru the years...not comfortable being on oral antibiotics anymore (hurts my stomach). i'm now 25 years old and i'd say my acne is moderate-severe depending on the day with some scarring, very oily and now large pores developing. i'm currently using Benzaclin (best thing for me so far, but i'm not 100% satisfied yet) and also take a BCP. i'm OK with my outbreaks status right now (i know i'll never but pimple-free...) but i'm very unhappy with the oilyness, large pores and scarring/dark spots.

current regimen: aveeno clear complexing foam cleanser, benzaclin, merle norman luxiva oil control hydrator and clinique moisture surge in dryer spots in AM and then the same at night except neutrogena oil free antioxident moistrurizer in PM for moisturizer. i'm also a vegetarian, take a daily multivitamin, and exercise regularly. i've purchased Purpose gentle cleanser, an AHA cream (alpha hydrox) and a purfying/reduce oiliness mask (but haven't used any of it). is it ok to put AHA over benzaclin or should i do one in the morning and one at night...? how often for the mask?

any other suggestions to help control oil are welcome! (already tried: milk of magnesia, various primers, luxiva and avon oil control lotions, and estee lauder & clinique oil control pressed powders all with little improvement). oh and i also blot with napkins throughout the day.

if you made it this far, thanks for reading :)