Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cynic

This forum makes me feel old.

It's true. It really does.

Schoolboy crushes, worries about masturbation causing acne, other silly paranoia about things that cant, and won't, ever cause acne, petty arguments and a truck-load of exaggeration and mistruths from so many people.

Hormones all over the place. Urgh.

I'm sure I can't be the only one feeling like this - I can certainly see why people have been driven away from posting here before, for whatever reason.

And the thing is, anybody that bit older, like me, will know what it's like to have been of a younger age - acne and puberty, though intrinsically linked, in most cases, are two things that really don't mix. Had I found a place like these boards to visit when I was in school dealing with my acne, I would've loved to have used to it to - but now, I don't know - seeing the same old topics and reading through the lines of so much of the talk on here kinda grates on me after a while.

I don't know what I'm trying to say, and I'm certainly not trying to discourage anyone from posting - indeed, I'll try to lend my advice and support as often as I can, as I think I do at the moment - it's just hard sometimes not to get a little wound up by all the more childish stuff having 'been there, done that', y'know?

Um, yeah. Long day. bb_icon_rolleyes.gifsmile.gif

stop bitchin, thats other peoples problems if you have a problem in your life than post it and people will respond to YOUR problems...

Sometimes nostalgia can be a good thing. However, I do enjoy being 22, out of college, and all the fun things I can do at my age haha...Ah to be young. I would have loved to have a place to get advice on what products work and which ones don't a few years ago.

Rae

P.S. Cynic did your sig line come from the Smashing Pumpkins?

when i was a kid.. the soot from the chimneys and coal mines gave us terrible skin.. and we liked it!

Just a shame, I think, that I'm losing a lot of my motivation to visit and post on here as much down to an influx of similar, samey - and ultimately, pointless, petty posts meant only to annoy, aggravate and ruffle peoples' feathers..

^^ Hear, hear. And it's just a cycle. We need human volunteers to sort vital information as part of forum archive an FAQ list. We can't do anything about their trolling.

who the hell cares? im sure that you're still able to get through your daily life. Stop being so straight-edge.

Another masturbation/acne thread and I think I am ready to tear my hair out- thats like the 10th in the last few months.

I pretty much stopped visitng this board, because it just reminds me how bad my acne makes me feel. Everyone time I come here I think about my acne a lot more. Uhuh I really don't visit much anymore because it actaully is worse for me when I come.

I know what you mean ETD. I try and avoid the boards as much as possible and I don't think I've ever even posted or replied to one thread on the Lounge.

I'm not interested in random talk. To me the whole point of these boards are to help find support and treatments and solutions for acne and scarring...