Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oracle Crow

Is Vanicream Lite Lotion a bad idea?

I have a few moisturizers but I'm using retin-a and can't use salicylic acid or BP. So does vanicream lite break you out? I know it has some comedogenic ingredients so I'm not sure.

Well all my other moisturizers have BP or salicylic acid or break me out. I really don't want buy another one because I have so many, but I might have a choice. My face doesn't really get dry, just a little flaky on my cheeks. Are there are good natural or at home moisturizers? Maybe I'll google it... :think:

This is an interesting question. I've tried both. The lotion and the cream. I figured the lotion would work well for my somewhat dry-acne prone-sensitive skin. Nope. It broke me out on place on my face I normally do not get pimples. So I went back and bought the cream. The cream however did not break me out. My skin actually felt more dry? I also did not like how it kind of balled up on your skin if you put more on. Does that make sense? It felt film on my skin. Anyway- I am now using Avene' Tolerance Cream and their Thermal Spray. Love. Love. Love.

Thanks for replying, even if this is an old question! I tried the lotion in a couple spots that were dry and the next day I have two red pimples looking at me in the mirror. So I just will never use Vanicream again until I no longer have acne. By then I think it might not be made any longer or way better options will have been created. Now I thinking I'll just use green tea as a toner to help moisturize at night when I use retin-a. I tried using it after I apply the cream but it just dabs it off so now I'll just use it before. Also right now I have this pretty big cyst or nodule I'm not sure and it's driving me crazy! I've had it for 2-3 weeks now and usually any kind of blemish is gone by then. Can anyone offer help?

I've had an under the skin pimple for what seems like an eternity. They are so deep under the skin..it takes a while for them to surface. If they ever do-some don't. I've learned that with those-leave 'em alone. I've done more damage by trying to get rid of them. Those type I found I usually get right before or during that time of the month. A dab of OVC Hydrocortisone 1% cream on the spot could help. Only for an on spot treatment. It's not suggested that you use the cream long term. But if I have a zinger like that I spot treat with the cream. My derm suggested for an occasional spot treatment.

Yeah I'm thinking hydro-cortisone might be a good step forward since this nodule does not want to go away. Using that kind of slipped my mind since I've used hydro-cortisone before and it has helped short term. I guess I will just go ahead and apply some once or twice a day for like a week.