Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User203

Need concealer help

I use this brilliant almay liquid concealer, and covers really well, it has no oil, and you only need a tiny bit which spreads and hides the darkest of scars or spots!

xx

I use this brilliant almay liquid concealer, and covers really well, it has no oil, and you only need a tiny bit which spreads and hides the darkest of scars or spots!

xx

I have a light olive skintone and my 'redmarks' actually have more of a purplish cast to them. I find yellow-based concealer works much better than green at covering them.

color.

Remember....you HAVE TO use color that match your skin perfectly. If your brand has 5-6 color....the chance to find perfect match is quite slim. Here is Becca color choice.

i use bobbi brown corrector to cover the dark circles. it's a pinkish bisque shade. then i apply a yellow based concealer..la prairie..over top with a concealer brush. i'm not a big fan of powder anymore over the eye area. so i'll just pat lightly with a powdered blotting sheet. ..shiseido blotting papers.. and then dab some YSL touche' radiant in number 2 in the inner corners and cheekbone. :)

Currently I use Prescriptives Camouflage Cream. I can't say its cheap (~$18), but they come in a variety of colors so it can match your skin tone more accurately. It comes in a tube and is a liquid formulation. I've had it since Nov/Dec of last year and its actually lasted a long time. I'm nowhere near empty. I use my finger to dab it on or I use a concealer brush and lightly pat it on. I also use their powder because their concealer & powder are derm tested and supposed to be non-acnegenic. I haven't had any reactions with their concealer and powder & they conceal really well. Before settling on this I used Sheer Cover's concealer, but I found it greasy, expensive and it ran out fast. I also used Neutrogena healthy skin concealer, but it seemed to make me break out. I bought mine at Nordstrom and was color matched with the color best for me. I highly suggest having them test them out on you and before buying one, checking how it looks in the sunlight.

i just got some concealer and it doesnt seem to work :blink:

I got it in meduim but for some reason it doesnt cover ANYTHING. I put it on and then rub it in a little bit with my fingers, but the red still shows through. What am i doing wrong????? :ph34r: