Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User203

Need concealer help

i just got some concealer and it doesnt seem to work blink.gif

I got it in meduim but for some reason it doesnt cover ANYTHING. I put it on and then rub it in a little bit with my fingers, but the red still shows through. What am i doing wrong????? ph34r.gif

I know what you mean, the concealer I use only seems to tone down the redness not make the red marks dissapear.

i just got some concealer and it doesnt seem to work blink.gif

I got it in meduim but for some reason it doesnt cover ANYTHING. I put it on and then rub it in a little bit with my fingers, but the red still shows through. What am i doing wrong????? ph34r.gif

color.

Remember....you HAVE TO use color that match your skin perfectly. If your brand has 5-6 color....the chance to find perfect match is quite slim. Here is Becca color choice.

This is another good concealer. You can mix the color to suit your skin color. I own SC#3 and SC#4 ....so I actually end up with 4 colors. I mix them all the time.

Downside....it is quite hard. You need strong brush to get the product out of the pan.

The is the last one I think suitable for men.

Laura Mercier

Becca

and MAC

These 3 brands carry great concealer for extremely natural look.

on the box it says to apply with brush, then rub in a little bit to blend color. If u just apply with brush the color doesnt match skin at all, its a bronze type color. So i have to rub it in.

The thing that comes with concealer is called a brush? or a wand?

on the box it says to apply with brush, then rub in a little bit to blend color. If u just apply with brush the color doesnt match skin at all, its a bronze type color. So i have to rub it in.

The thing that comes with concealer is called a brush? or a wand?

I think Im gonna get me some of that Becca Concealer.. I like the fact that there are a ton of color choices.. I wont have to worry about it not matching my skin and looking obvious(me beeing a guy.)

DarkDragoon... if you want to use Becca under your eyes, don't forget to use eyecream first. It can be too dry for undereye area if you have dry skin. Other than that...I really like the coverage of Becca on my acne scar. biggrin.gif

Alright I'll make sure and do that(since I've realized recently how much more attractive I am when my undereye area is covered up.) How does this concealer look on active zits? Does it accentuate the flakyness at all like some makeups tend to do?

Alright I'll make sure and do that(since I've realized recently how much more attractive I am when my undereye area is covered up.) How does this concealer look on active zits? Does it accentuate the flakyness at all like some makeups tend to do?

Loose powder?

You can use pretty much everything. I use Laura Mercier loose powder, Kryolan or Ben Nye loose powder. But I honestly think that if you already have any loose powder, you can use that one. biggrin.gif

Concealers can be a jungle.Lots of drugstore brands aren't so hot for acne both too waxy and greasy. I have found two that are pretty good. However they are both a bit pricy.First, is Janet Sartin blemish fix. You can order it at Heavenspa.com. This product works well on active breakouts as long as you don't pick at the blemish.The second product is part of a kit I ordered from Lauren Hutton's good stuff. It is her face disc. It comes with a compliment of shades to mix, even though it is heavier and looks creamy it hasn't caused me to break out, and is very effective while the redness fades after the main eruption is over.For Lauren's product you do need a set of brushes to apply easily and she does sell a great set on her site. I hope that helps.

I use Physician's Formula green stick concealer to correct red and yellow for the darkness right under my eyes. Both are fabulous. The green neutralizes the red.

I have red scarring from a recent face lift and this stuff is excellect. It is very light as it depends on color, not coverage.

The yellow does not work as well but is definitely good. The under eye area can be tricky.

I have tried it all and this stuff is like magic. Cheap and readily available too.

I also use Oil Free Revlon Colorstay Foundation, another great drugstore find. My esthetician told me about it.

Clinique has a pore minimizer that I use on my nose and cheeks prior to applying my foundation. It helps my makeup go on smoother in those areas. No need for powder.

I am on Obagi Blend and Retin A in the PM.

I read on the Makeupalley reviews that the Becca concealer contains a bunch of scary ingridients.. including mineral-oil. Will this stuff make me break out?

I don't think you will ever find a good oil-free concealer darkdragoon. I use oil-free concealer before but it broke me out and was to slippery (having no oil...they use other synthetic slipage ingredient instead...which is actually worse than oil).

Mineral oil is a non-comedogenic ingredient. I use baby oil to get rid of my makeup sometimes and never have problem with it.

complaint against Becca, that I know of, are 1) too dry 2) can trigger allergic reaction but you should keep in mind that true allergic reaction is a personal thing. It is not a common thing that will happen to everyone.

I just look at Becca concealer review in MUA.

Overall rating 4.3

Number of reviews 115

80% would buy this product again.

That is actually the highest rate in MUA. I don't know what else to recommend anymore. Cause my favorite are Becca, Laura Mercier and MAC. All 3 brands receive very good review....and they are actually very good for me. Great color selection and good texture.

I understand that people skin can react differently to the same product. I think there is no best answer for everyone. You just have to try them out and see if it works for your skin.

I usually listen to MUA when number of reviews is higher than 100. It becomes quite reliable when so many people give review in any particular product.

for me...

overall rating SHOULD be above 4

Numver of reviews SHOULD be at least 50....if number of reviews exceed 100 people, I listen to review for sure

I don't care much about % of people who whould buy it again because some product while very good, can be too expensive to buy again.