Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShayRobbie

Everyone on here is attrative, stop saying your ugly!

I see so many people on here posting pics of themselves asking if theyre ugly. They describe how disgusting they are, then you click their pic, thinking your going to see some monster and you never do its usually someone quite attractive, with acne. I'll admit acne makes me feel unattractive sometimes but I know I'm not ugly. Seriously guys your not ugly. Just think of it this way maybe God gave us attrative people acne so we wouldnt get too full of ourselves, haha just kidding :D

people believe that by covering themselves with pity, that they are at the front of the line of people who deserve to be helped and freed from their miserable self. They are desperate for attention and help. People only call themselves ugly to get this pity... but not realizing .. that pity.. is pitiful.

people believe that by covering themselves with pity, that they are at the front of the line of people who deserve to be helped and freed from their miserable self. They are desperate for attention and help. People only call themselves ugly to get this pity... but not realizing .. that pity.. is pitiful.

You are wrong. I don't pity myself, I just believe I'm ugly and don't ask for any sympathy or anything. Learn to differentiate.

Edited by Callum.

I'd say that...yes. I know I'm pretty, but my ance still gets me down. The thing is taht I know I'd be more attractive without acne. is that vain? well yes, maybe. Here's a picphoto.php?fbid=21987369964&set=t.518179964&type=1&theater

We can't simply stop thinking we're ugly. Years of acne, bullying and other insecurities don't go away just like that.

I'll agree with the bullying and the insecurities which come with acne.

I suffered about five years of bullying and I've struggled to control about thirteen years of acne. Combine the two, with the former only causing to hate the latter and myself even more and that pretty much explains why I am who I am.

I don't think I'm ugly, I just don't like being me. Not that that's any better of course, but there's a clear difference between the two. I don't think I've ever described myself as being ugly, physically. I view my acne that way, but not really myself overall.

How I feel about myself on the inside would probably look pretty ugly if it were to manifest itself in a physical form, but that's another matter.

Just thinking this over, I don't think I've ever asked for sympathy. I don't suppose there's much point because things are what they are and what happened happened. It's all matter of fact and I either deal with it or let it beat me. Sure, I have talked about it in this forum before and sometimes that's been met with sympathetic responses which are much appreciated, but I never go looking for sympathy or pity. I know there are people at least a couple of people here who would disagree with me there, given how I might labour the point once I get going, but everyone's free to think whatever they like.

Edited by PaulH85

I know. I hate seeing those type of topics also...

I had recently posted a topic about this.

It really sucks to see what acne does to us. It KILLS our self esteem. :(

Edited by Jennaaaay

Yeah, I understand. It's very hard with acne, and it is easy to think you are ugly. It always easy to assume that we, ourselves, are ugly. Others we can overlook because we are our own worst critic. But, you just have to work on being a more positive person and not being so hard on yourself.

But I hate when I hear people say they didn't go on a date, to prom, out with friends, BECAUSE of acne. That's just letting acne control you! I hate that! You shouldn't let something control you; especially something like this. You shouldn't miss opportunities just because of it. You might even forget about your acne anyway because you were having so much fun!

I see so many people on here posting pics of themselves asking if theyre ugly. They describe how disgusting they are, then you click their pic, thinking your going to see some monster and you never do its usually someone quite attractive, with acne. I'll admit acne makes me feel unattractive sometimes but I know I'm not ugly. Seriously guys your not ugly. Just think of it this way maybe God gave us attrative people acne so we wouldnt get too full of ourselves, haha just kidding :D

This always bothers me. Topic reads: I'm so ugly! Members are expecting a truly disgusting person, but it always ends up being a moderately attractive person who just wants a cheap boost for their self-esteem. Members of an acne community aren't going to harshly judge a fellow sufferer.

We can't simply stop thinking we're ugly. Years of acne, bullying and other insecurities don't go away just like that.

I know it's hard we all suffer from those insecurities. But we don't deserve to feel ugly and none of us are, you're avatar pic is living proof of this

I'd say that...yes. I know I'm pretty, but my ance still gets me down. The thing is taht I know I'd be more attractive without acne. is that vain? well yes, maybe. Here's a picphoto.php?fbid=21987369964&set=t.518179964&type=1&theater

I'm not even going to look at your pic because I already know you will be attractive :) and if you say your pretty as well then that shows you have confidence which is also a bonus I know its tought but please don't let your acne get you down :surprised: