Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wow another genius, let me try again.

If you have acne, your OBVIOUSLY dont have enough coenzyme A. Ejaculating will make it worse, maybe go from mild acne to something more serious. For somebody in puberty, Ejaculating can cause acne to start because they are using their coenzyme A to make ALOT of hormones, ejaculating will make them use EVEN more for hormone production, wont be alot left to keep the fats away from your face.

Men are through puberty, their hormones are under control and so coenzyme A isnt 'hogged' by hormong production.

ladies men probably have more than enough coenzyme A and a more able liver to get rid of fats and lipids and hence they are good looking and and they can make tons of hormones and keep their face clear. Not everyone is the same.

Just think before you write something biased towards your addiction - stop thinking with your penis. If you dont you can live through acne until your through puberty but it worked for me and i went from having mild breakouts after ejaculation to having a completely spotless face once i stopped. If you dont at least try it for a reasonable period of time, id say 2 months (its hard but by then your current spots might have gone and youl see that new ones are few and far between). If your not going to give this a second thought maybe you deserve what you get. Im not preaching some religious stuff, just something from my years long ejaculation breakouts.

If you have acne, your OBVIOUSLY dont have enough coenzyme A. Ejaculating will make it worse, maybe go from mild acne to something more serious. For somebody in puberty, Ejaculating can cause acne to start because they are using their coenzyme A to make ALOT of hormones, ejaculating will make them use EVEN more for hormone production, wont be alot left to keep the fats away from your face.

Men are through puberty, their hormones are under control and so coenzyme A isnt 'hogged' by hormong production.

ladies men probably have more than enough coenzyme A and a more able liver to get rid of fats and lipids and hence they are good looking and and they can make tons of hormones and keep their face clear. Not everyone is the same.

Just think before you write something biased towards your addiction - stop thinking with your penis. If you dont you can live through acne until your through puberty but it worked for me and i went from having mild breakouts after ejaculation to having a completely spotless face once i stopped. If you dont at least try it for a reasonable period of time, id say 2 months (its hard but by then your current spots might have gone and youl see that new ones are few and far between). If your not going to give this a second thought maybe you deserve what you get. Im not preaching some religious stuff, just something from my years long ejaculation breakouts.

Really, if you got acne before you started masturbation, then you can rule it out completely anyway.

It's just the way your hormonal production is.

Well im glad your not completely ruling it out animal. Although being less active or gentle in character for example, usually means you have less testosterone in your body compared to, say, competetive sportsmen who are very agressive in nature. Having low levels of testosterone isnt 'extremely rare', plenty of people are very quiete, calm and cool minded (some behaviour traits of low testosterone in a male). Well according to your theory i guess that they COULD be low on testosterone and ejaculating would then effect their acne. Im just trying to point out that having low levels of testosterone isnt a case of extreme rarity so i reckon alot of people will now think twice before shrugging off the idea that acne can harm their face.

I really dont understand why something that seriously alters hormones production, senses even behaviour like ejaculation can, is ruled out completely so very easily by people complaining they dont understand why they get acne. Give it a try, i know its INSANE but thats just your urges talking, calm down and give it a try. If i can do it (im 17 and understand everything you look at can remind you of sex) im sure you guys can stop blindly protecting the habbit that MAY be causing your dreaded acne.

Ive got to get this clear though, im NOT someone that decided wanking is bad on religious terms, it just gave me spots and when i stopped the spots would never return until another ejaculation, i didnt masturbate very often (once every 2 weeks) so it became pretty damn obvious what the problem was.

Im glad to hear it although the first few times i was testing it out i didnt ejaculate for almost 4 weeks, definate improvements were seen then. Hope you can keep it up, stay strong and DONT give in. Goodluck man.

READ THIS IF YOU WANT HELP!

I used to have this problem. I searched everywhere trying to cure my problem. However my issue was one of the mind! I believed that ejaculation leads to acne, so one day I told myself it doesnt! It's such a natural human process. Then I ejaculated soon after and nothing! I kept telling myself in the mirror jacking off does not affect your acne or anything else! Everyone does it, from the most regular guy to huge basketball stars! Its a mind thing! The "science" to it is unreal. Its your mind! You must believe it does not affect you, because it doesnt! I haven't had acne for two years.

I really hope this helps. I created an account just so I could help you guys. Believe, thats all you need to do, trust me. I also was leaving puberty, so your problem is not forever, you gotta believe that for it to go away.

-Ace

I for one do not believe masturbation causes acne. I think once you are in a steady relationship things balance out more, even if you are having sex every day. 1 to 2 times a week is good enough for me, as I am no longer a raging teen. Once you balance out your sexual hormones it possibly could help you out. I have heard other myths about masturbation and I think some of them could be somewhat true as in my case. I find it easier to get out of alignment after sex or masturbation and I usually only have sex at night and go to sleep directly afterwards. After ejaculation my joints are so relaxed they become easily molded into any position I sit in, like a chair or laying position, that I otherwise normally would not do. In doing that it sometimes puts my back out of alignment or my neck.

People tend to masturbate more when their hormone levels are high or unbalanced, especially in the teenage years when you're hormones are wack (pun intended). It also releases testosterone, so it's plausible that it potentially can lead to acne. Personally, I find I tend to do the act more when I'm stressed or bored, but stress can also cause acne too. And hormone unbalance leads to acne anyway, so the relationship is probably coincidental.

That being said, I do believe that too much masturbation can be linked to acne, because of the increased testosterone levels, and the fact that excessive ejaculation can potentially deprive you of nutrients. Too much of anything is bad for you though.

Guest james123321

Dam simon jerked first time in 5 days! anyways i agree with your theory well atleast its fact for me when i jerk i get breakouts

You gave it 5 days- you have proved absolutely nothing

Nah, masturbating may slightly alter your hormonal balance, but unless you are having orgasms all day everyday there is no way that the slight spike in hormones will be disruptive enough to cause breakouts. Also,it takes so long for acne to develop it's impossible to corelate something so close time wise to actual breakouts. Kinda like the ppl that say I ate a cheeseburger last night and now I have a zit.... pshhhh.

It's in your head.

Nah, masturbating may slightly alter your hormonal balance, but unless you are having orgasms all day everyday there is no way that the slight spike in hormones will be disruptive enough to cause breakouts. Also,it takes so long for acne to develop it's impossible to corelate something so close time wise to actual breakouts. Kinda like the ppl that say I ate a cheeseburger last night and now I have a zit.... pshhhh.

It's in your head.

you hit the nail on the head...exactly

my gf is out of town for the next two weeks, although i have never had an issue with ejaculation and acne ( i am 100% clear now and have been for the last 6 + years) I am going to give this a shot and see what happens. maybe my skin will become more radiant/glowing or i will just have more energy, two weeks will be hard, but ive done harder things.

Ok. Crystal. What you and many others here don't understand AT ALL is that this is a real problem for some people. I would think you guys would understand by now that acne has a lot of triggers and it's wildly different for a lot of people here. I'm not sure if this ejaculation problem is relevant to females at all. And obviously this doesn't affect a huge percentage of guys. But it does affect some of us, I can assure you.

Two things seem to 'cause' my acne (together, they amplify each other) and those are: illness, particularly sinus infections which are more chronic for me, and ejaculation. More than 1-2 ejaculations per week can cause nodular or inflamed acne, whereas daily ejaculations can cause that as well as cystic acne.

When I hold ejaculation back to 1 per week, acne suddenly disappears. When I increase frequency, it all goes downhill. I've experimented with different periods of abstinence, ranging from 1 week to 3 months. (somewhat challenging, but I was single at the time and determined to experiment).

There's a condition called POIS (Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome) that's been brought to my attention recently by someone else here on this forum. It can cause a variety of problems, including nervousness, anxiety, reduced drive/motivation, back pain, spinal pain, concentration problems, PE, acne, etc.

Hormonal pathways and genetics are too complicated for you to say "it's all in your head". Sorry, no it isn't. You're wrong on this. A potentially bigger problem is why some of you get so defensive about it, as if we're suggesting people stop masturbating or having sex - couldn't be further from the truth. I wish to have sex more often. I'm no religious zealot or bible thumper, I'm just a person with a concrete quantifiable problem with no apparent cure, and a lack of scientific evidence to back any of it up, and a whole SWATH of people like you who think it's not a problem because it must all be in my head. You're not helping IN THE SLIGHTEST!

I haven't seen any correlation.

So Simon. You're saying that the end result of ejaculation is more sebum on the face correct?

I have hardly any sebum on my face because i've been taking b5 and well my face is dry as shit all the time.

I still have acne.. In fact i think its gotten worse!

Ok. Crystal. What you and many others here don't understand AT ALL is that this is a real problem for some people. I would think you guys would understand by now that acne has a lot of triggers and it's wildly different for a lot of people here. I'm not sure if this ejaculation problem is relevant to females at all. And obviously this doesn't affect a huge percentage of guys. But it does affect some of us, I can assure you.

Two things seem to 'cause' my acne (together, they amplify each other) and those are: illness, particularly sinus infections which are more chronic for me, and ejaculation. More than 1-2 ejaculations per week can cause nodular or inflamed acne, whereas daily ejaculations can cause that as well as cystic acne.

When I hold ejaculation back to 1 per week, acne suddenly disappears. When I increase frequency, it all goes downhill. I've experimented with different periods of abstinence, ranging from 1 week to 3 months. (somewhat challenging, but I was single at the time and determined to experiment).

There's a condition called POIS (Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome) that's been brought to my attention recently by someone else here on this forum. It can cause a variety of problems, including nervousness, anxiety, reduced drive/motivation, back pain, spinal pain, concentration problems, PE, acne, etc.

Hormonal pathways and genetics are too complicated for you to say "it's all in your head". Sorry, no it isn't. You're wrong on this. A potentially bigger problem is why some of you get so defensive about it, as if we're suggesting people stop masturbating or having sex - couldn't be further from the truth. I wish to have sex more often. I'm no religious zealot or bible thumper, I'm just a person with a concrete quantifiable problem with no apparent cure, and a lack of scientific evidence to back any of it up, and a whole SWATH of people like you who think it's not a problem because it must all be in my head. You're not helping IN THE SLIGHTEST!

Cuople of things..

1) Occam's razor - is it more reasonable to develop these complex theories (masturbation, diet), or to accept the fact that we break out because we have acne-prone skin and a therefore succeptible to breakouts at times, however coincidental they may seem? It's all rooted in this belief that many of us have that it is our fault that we have acne (our diets, lifestyle, etc). It must be our fault, someone's to blame, right????? Right?????

Well, no. It isn't our fault. It isn't.In fact, If anything, it is irritation that aggravates existing acne- harsh chemicals in cleansers, oily or overly-drying ingredients in OTC and special prescription medications; touching or sleeping on an area of the face. It just happens, see? It is genetic/hereditary, and would it be best to control acne or to have acne control you? Live your life. If you want to masturbate or eat certain things, do not have fear. There's enough out there in this world especially these days to be fearful of.

2) I've seen many, many more people on your side of the argument become defensive. Sorry, but it's true

Edited by ZeroZero

Cuople of things..

1) Occam's razor - is it more reasonable to develop these complex theories (masturbation, diet), or to accept the fact that we break out because we have acne-prone skin and a therefore succeptible to breakouts at times, however coincidental they may seem? It's all rooted in this belief that many of us have that it is our fault that we have acne (our diets, lifestyle, etc). It must be our fault, someone's to blame, right????? Right?????

Well, no. It isn't our fault. It isn't.In fact, If anything, it is irritation that aggravates existing acne- harsh chemicals in cleansers, oily or overly-drying ingredients in OTC and special prescription medications; touching or sleeping on an area of the face. It just happens, see? It is genetic/hereditary, and would it be best to control acne or to have acne control you? Live your life. If you want to masturbate or eat certain things, do not have fear. There's enough out there in this world especially these days to be fearful of.

2) I've seen many, many more people on your side of the argument become defensive. Sorry, but it's true

Really, this is what you're throwing at me here? You're telling me you know more about what goes on with my body? You're telling me what I've seen with my own eyes is false? Yes, I'm acne-prone. Particularly within days after ejaculation. How do I, or anyone else, make this clearer to you? Have the last few years of my life experimenting with this been totally bogus, because you know think you know better?

I didn't say "someone" is to blame. Are you kidding me? Is this a joke? I'm not looking to place blame on anybody. All I want to know is why my god damn skin breaks out after ejaculation. Much in the same way a cancer patient might wonder why in the hell do they have cancer. If it's possible to be afflicted with acne in the first place, is it that much of a stretch for you to imagine that certain things might trigger it? And that it's different for everyone? And does the sheer volume of people saying the exact same thing about ____ (fill in the blank) not convince you that it's a little more than just being "acne-prone", and that specific things can trigger it?

I don't have acne all the time. My case is not very serious. Some people have horrible acne ALL the time. It must really suck. I only have acne after ejaculation. Not as bad, but definitely something that's holding me back to some degree. The worst it gets is cysts and a bunch of inflamed zits. But when it's on your face, or on your body and you're going to the beach, obviously it sucks ass and is worth some discussion.

Whether we get defensive about it has no bearing on the veracity of our claims. It is more reflective of the fact that people like you, and Crystal as I addressed earlier, continue to deny that this is a possibility for some people, which is very annoying. I could be a total belligerent asshole about it and that doesn't mean what I'm saying is false. Do you understand that, smart guy? Statistically speaking, if this issue were not possibly real, then I don't think you'd see any people bringing it up with any seriousness or telling others about their observations. This isn't people pontificating about what causes acne - this is people wondering why the correlation seems so strong as to appear to be causation, and wondering what anyone has to done to try to fix it. Most of us are not here to ask if this is real. We're here to ask why this is happening. And then you come along and think you're in the right to step on this 'overly complex theory' because it doesn't suit your understanding of acne or ejaculation (or diet, etc. etc.) Who do you think you are?

And honestly, if this weren't remotely true, why would I waste my time trying to discuss it?

Personally, I'm defensive for the reason I stated above - through years of experimentation, I've been lead to the conclusion that ejaculation, through some magic of human biology, triggers inflamed nasty acne and greasy skin like nobody's business. And people like you and Crystal think you know better. Why?? I'm also defensive because all the times I've tried to start a conversation about this I'm talked down to like I'm some idiot jumping to conclusions because this doesn't play nice with people's idea that since ejaculation releases stress it couldn't possibly cause acne. Now, who's using faulty logic here?

I have same problem guys, what the hell is wrong with my body???

After ejuaculation pimples appiers everywhere, shit, how long it will continue? Simon what's your advice?? Vitamin 5?

It's the orgasm that causes changes in your body's hormone levels and regulation. Even if you don't ejaculate, and you get an orgasm, that's it, your hormones have changed. Getting an orgasm requires a change in your body's hormonal profile, that's how you experience the orgasm in the first place. This is also accompanied by changes in your sex steroid plasma levels. Orgasm causes a reduction in dopamine levels, and this causes prolactin to rise. Prolactin mediates the refractory period after getting an orgasm. Prolactin makes you more suceptible to acne no matter how much Androgens you have circulating in your body.

I have same problem guys, what the hell is wrong with my body???

After ejuaculation pimples appiers everywhere, shit, how long it will continue? Simon what's your advice?? Vitamin 5?

Stop jerking it for awhile. Take some B5 as preventative maintain and regulation of sebum. Increase vitamin A intake (dont take alot). Use topicals that prevent clogged pores and inflammatory acne. (BHA, sebum reducers).

Work out after masturbation to bind up the increase in testosterone to your muscles receptors instead of floating around in your body and being turned into DHT which then increases sebum production, which then increases your chances of breaking out. Practice clean, hygienic masturbation (wash your hands afterwards).

It's the orgasm that causes changes in your body's hormone levels and regulation. Even if you don't ejaculate, and you get an orgasm, that's it, your hormones have changed. Getting an orgasm requires a change in your body's hormonal profile, that's how you experience the orgasm in the first place. This is also accompanied by changes in your sex steroid plasma levels. Orgasm causes a reduction in dopamine levels, and this causes prolactin to rise. Prolactin mediates the refractory period after getting an orgasm. Prolactin makes you more suceptible to acne no matter how much Androgens you have circulating in your body.

so what u suggest?