Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, i really need to know what you guys think about girls with mild acne, and moderate scarring. Would you find her attractive, or is the scarring and acne too distracting?

Oh I will be very interested to read the answers to this! I always wonder whether guys really notice mild acne and whether they are bothered about it.

Also guys, I wonder... What are your thoughts about makeup? Can you tell when we wear it? Do you think we look better? What about when we take it off? Thoughts please.

I can only think of one girl I've known whose acne didn't look so good, but it was mainly because of how she attempted to cover it. She used to wear really thick layers of makeup and the colour was almost orange. Didn't work and it didn't cover the acne so it just made things worse. Don't suppose it really did her skin much good either. I only ever saw her once without makeup and she looked so much better without it. I always thought there was an attractive girl under that strange orange mask, which only served to draw attention to her skin problems and distract from her features, and I was right. She had big expressive eyes and I was totally taken with them. When there's a feature which really stands out to me like that, acne just seems to fade away.

As far as makeup in general is concerned, I suppose it is about how well it's done and how much of it there is. I genuinely do like a more natural look because that way, you can really see a person properly for who they are. Makeup can really enhance features when done well, I guess that's its purpose. But when it's over the top, for me personally, it has the opposite effect.

There are so many things I might notice about a girl which could cancel out acne: their hair colour, their eyes, the way they dress, the way they carry themselves, even their voice...

And you know, I do happen to think that things like acne and scarring can kind of add something to a person, in terms of who they are. Acne does not define a person, of course, but it gives this sense that they're ordinary people and that nobody is perfect. It's real and I like that.

I just really don't see it as a big deal at all. I'm sure a huge amount of my perspective is influenced by my own experiences because I can relate and there's a lot of empathy there. That's probably the one good thing to come out of having acne because I can't honestly say that I would have been as understanding and open-minded about it had I not experienced it.

Edited by PaulH85

Ok, i really need to know what you guys think about girls with mild acne, and moderate scarring. Would you find her attractive, or is the scarring and acne too distracting?

I was smitten with someone who had bad acne. I remember someone looking at her as if she was going "Awwwww, I feel so sorry for her...". She had pimples, blackheads, pitted scarring all over her cheeks. But hey, I still had daydreams of her and I at the beach. :lol: Really, when you're truly smitten acne isn't something that wrecks that.

It's only a dealbreaker in the minds of foolish people who want relationships for questionable reasons! :naughty:

Oh I will be very interested to read the answers to this! I always wonder whether guys really notice mild acne and whether they are bothered about it.

Also guys, I wonder... What are your thoughts about makeup? Can you tell when we wear it? Do you think we look better? What about when we take it off? Thoughts please.

I notice. And sure, in and of itself acne may not be desireable but so what? And like I said, when you're smitten you're smitten and you can't help but be smitten. lol

I don't always notice subtle make-up. :think: I in general like that best; the kind of make-up that accentuates certain features or gives someone a classy or sexy look by adding a bit here and a bit there... Huge amounts of make-up in general don't do much good in my mind. They sooner do bad, you know?

Edited by Lapis lazuli

it turns me off at first, but then once I get to know the girl her looks are one of the last things on my mind, plus I'm a guy that likes to help people so I would love to try and help her get rid of them, if that would make her even happier about her life.

no I did not sugar coat this post :lol:

I remember someone looking at her as if she was going "Awwwww, I feel so sorry for her...".

Which I incidentally thought was kind of stupid.

plus I'm a guy that likes to help people so I would love to try and help her get rid of them

You should read Omega's post in the thread "The Differences Between Men and Women".

I recommend not offering to help a girl with her acne unless she specifically asks for help!

Here's a good make-up example!

http://cheerstimes.com/wp-content/uploads/..._Watts_0091.jpg

:clap: Not too much, not too little. :hifive:

Ahhh Naomi, you are so beautiful :)

Are you saying that this isn't good makeup?!?!?! Jodie Marsh

Yeah, she's a goddess. I'm just speechless. lol

Why is that pic called worstsurgery? :think: Anyway, I think that looks... I dunno, it's a bit too much for me. I guess it may look good if it fits the person who has it on but... Or were you joking? lol

plus I'm a guy that likes to help people so I would love to try and help her get rid of them

You should read Omega's post in the thread "The Differences Between Men and Women".

I recommend not offering to help a girl with her acne unless she specifically asks for help!

I'm going to have to second that. :think:

I'm curious about this too.

I can only go with what my boyfriend says and apparently he doesn't notice my spots or scars but i'm sure he's just saying that so he doesn't hurt my feelings. I always try make my eyes look nice though so they stand out rather than my scars.

I think how we act can affect how others behave towards us too... If i don't mention my scars or don't try and cover them up or hide them with my hair then people don't seem to take so much notice compared to if i make a fuss about them, then people DO look to see what the big deal is.

it's cliche but those that truly love you will love you exactly how you are. and if they don't, shame on them. if they cant see past someones complexion then they're not worth your time.

Or were you joking? lol

Definitely joking. She is a bit of a mess...

I always feel like I'm cheating by wearing makeup. I wore some the other day and my boyfriend thought I was being weird. :think:

Or were you joking? lol

Definitely joking. She is a bit of a mess...

Oh boy. :lol:

I always feel like I'm cheating by wearing makeup. I wore some the other day and my boyfriend thought I was being weird. :think:

Well if you don't do it every day and then all of a sudden you've got it on, I can see how he says that. haha When I see celebrities without make-up I always go :surprised: as they look so different... Some celebs look so different it's like night and day! So yeah, that's sort of "cheating" when the difference is that great but when it's subtle it's just "enhancement". :hifive:

"if that would make her even happier about her life" I recommend you reading my whole post.

I wouldn't care unless she asked for help :)

I think how we act can affect how others behave towards us too... If i don't mention my scars or don't try and cover them up or hide them with my hair then people don't seem to take so much notice compared to if i make a fuss about them, then people DO look to see what the big deal is.

That's exactly what I have found to be the case too. :surprised: Well put!

Thanks for all the replies:) I`ve asked all of my friends about this, and they of course say it doesn`t matter :think: Needless to say, i dont truly believe that..

But come on guys, we need more opinions, and promise, we wont bite your heads off ;)

Almost every single guy I've ever talked to about this issue prefers the "no-makeup" look. I think makeup is somewhat mysterious to guys and that in many cases the average guy doesn't get the point. When a girl is wearing "too much" makeup, many guys I know wonder "what's under all that??" or "what's she hiding?"

For me personally, I have blonde eyelashes, so without mascara you can barely see them. But I'm not going to lie, I wear makeup every day. I think I am skilled enough at applying it though so that it enhances my features rather than distracts.

I'm lucky enough to have a boyfriend who swears he can't tell the difference when I'm wearing makeup vs not wearing it but I can definitely tell.

To answer your question about acne, some of the guys I know can tell when a girl has it. One of my old roommates (male) was turned off by a girl with moderate acne...not enough to break up with her, but I think he just didn't empathize 'cause he had baby soft skin.

This may not be the best forum to ask that question because a) when you have acne, you notice it on others; and b) I'd hazard to guess that people without acne aren't going to be frequenting acne.org.

mild acne is no problem, even slightly severe wouldnt be an issue. if a dude is attracted to you, for the most part its all good.

from having bad acne myself, a girl with some acne is kind of a plus.

i think every body everywhere prefers the look of normal skin, because thats the way skin is generally supposed to look, but even then acne is pretty much a normal skin condition too, acne is prevelant.

99% of the guy's here have or have had acne so they wouldn't be too bothered by it.

I wouldn't be bothered at all by acne.

I do notice if a girl have acne, because once you suffer from it, you tend to notice on other people. But I don't care if she has it. I actually feel bad for her, because I know how it feels. What I am saying is: there are thousands of other qualities about her that I'd be "worried" about before I thought of her acne (and I am not saying I'd use acne as a chosing factor).

And yeah, we can notice when you wear make up. I dont really have a preference. If a girl looks beautiful to me, she will look beautiful with or without make up.

Edit: Btw, what is up with you girls and eyebrows? My sister has come to a point where she actually draws her eyebrows, because she has almost none! And I see other girls like her... I mean, wtf?

Edited by Toshiro123

Edit: Btw, what is up with you girls and eyebrows? My sister has come to a point where she actually draws her eyebrows, because she has almost none! And I see other girls like her... I mean, wtf?

I remember overhearing someone talking about a girl who was in an accident. Due to this, she hardly had eyebrows anymore and he said "You've seen her so you know that she is a good looking girl. But now that she doesn't have eyebrows it's obviously a whole different story. :confused:". And I thought it was just so odd to hear him say that... lol I mean what the Hell?