Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oracle Crow

Will this homemade toner work?

I made a toner with bottled lime and lemon juice, ACV, and a little sliced cucumber. I diluted the mix with about 50/50 with water. The mixture was made with equal parts. I made this because I have some scarring and red marks, not to mention some active spots. Since I heard all of these worked pretty good I thought why not make a non-irritating toner and when I applied it a couple hours ago it didn't sting. My regimen is clindamycin lotion and retin-a 0.1 cream. I also started to drink green tea, like a cup a day since I've read many reviews that it works really well. Does it work well topically?

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Edited by Brown Spots

I made a toner with bottled lime and lemon juice, ACV, and a little sliced cucumber. I diluted the mix with about 50/50 with water. The mixture was made with equal parts. I made this because I have some scarring and red marks, not to mention some active spots. Since I heard all of these worked pretty good I thought why not make a non-irritating toner and when I applied it a couple hours ago it didn't sting. My regimen is clindamycin lotion and retin-a 0.1 cream. I also started to drink green tea, like a cup a day since I've read many reviews that it works really well. Does it work well topically?

Anyone have thoughts on this?

yeah it does! That's what I use, it's good for you!

I've changed the toner to just bottled lime and lemon juice slightly diluted by green tea. I think I'll just use it at night now since I'm starting to use some generic scar gel with the minor little invented scars I have. I also want to try using the actual green tea leave left on my face overnight on active spots. Has anyone tried this? Also does lime and lemon juice work with evening your skin tone? If not what can I use to help even it out? I prefer something around the house, but it could be a product. And should I rinse off the toner after 10-15 minutes? Then apply retin-a, wait 10 minutes, and the apply scar gel and moisturer 0.5% salicylic acid?

Walgreens Scar Gel

Edit: Just learned that my retin-a cream might be breaking me out from an comedengic ingredient. I not sure if I should call up my derm for a RX for retin-a gel and another 90 day RX for minocycline. Without the minocycline my face will return to having some cystic acne and 50-60% clear. I don't know what to do... :think:

Edited by Brown Spots

I don't believe the scar gel will do anything for existing indented (atrophic) scars.

The retin-a is by far the most powerful active in your regimen. If you are not experiencing any irritation, I would try to get a prescription for the gel version (which is actually more effective than the cream version at comparable percentages). The retin-a will help with texture over the long run.

I don't believe the scar gel will do anything for existing indented (atrophic) scars.

The retin-a is by far the most powerful active in your regimen. If you are not experiencing any irritation, I would try to get a prescription for the gel version (which is actually more effective than the cream version at comparable percentages). The retin-a will help with texture over the long run.

Thanks for replying. The retin-a does not cause me any problems. I've been on the 0.1 cream for about 4-5 months now and am about 70% clear. Varying day to day, what I've just found out was my moisturizer has 0.5% salicylic acid and that ruins the retin-a. So I'll try using Vanicream Lite at night. I'm not sure if I'll break out to it though. I'll just wait and see.