Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Heey I am new here! My name is Olivia,

I am sixteen and over the past year I have had a terrible struggle with acne.

I have moderate/severe acne. I use to use differin gel 0.3 and I took minocyclin but I felt several side effects from the antibiotic and the differin dried my skin out waaay too much. I recently discovered that I have candida and I have done one cleanse and I have religiously given up all sugar, yeast, malt, and mold for the past six week which has cured several of my other health problems including terrible insomnia. I have mainly been eating lean meats, good grains (quinoa and oats), and lots of vegetables. Lately though my acne has gotten really bad.

I primarily get acne on my cheeks but now it has spread a little bit between my eyebrows, under my nose my chin, and above my jaw. So basicallly now I am covered in cysts and white heads. I have been taking acidophilus twice a day, applying freederm spot treatment to my skin twice a day, washing my skin with cetaphil, and only using mineral make up. In the night I use zinc on my spots. Lately nothing has really helped and now I am questioning if I should get back on the antibiotic but I feel as if this holistic approach would have been a complete waste of time which is very disappointing. I have also been questioning the urine therapy and I have decided that I am going to begin that tonight.

I would reallly like any advice you can give because my acne makes me so upset. Help me please! I really need it before I start boarding school in September! Should I just give up on the holistic approach and just take another antibiotic or whaat?

Thanks soo muchh

How did you find out you had candida? Unless you got a comprehensive stool test done that showed a yeast over-growth you are falling for the candida over-growth marketing all over the internet.

Without knowing you, its tough to say what is causing your acne. However I DO KNOW that in many people, pro-biotics break them out. When you take into consideration that many probiotics are "dead" by the time they are in the bottle sitting on the shelf, your ingesting extra bacteria and your body is having a tough time clearing it out.

There was an old thread here where many people documented how various probiotics broke them out in bad acne.

I would ditch the probiotics first. Even if you really DO have candida (which I highly doubt), you are not suppose to take probiotics right off the bat. You are suppose to use the diet and anti-fungal sups for a while, 3-4 months, before bring in good gut flora.

Also look into your face wash routine. Its sounds like your using a lot of different stuff. Keep it simple, your skin can get very irritated by common cleansing products now days since they have so many different chemicals and drying agents. I know Cetaphil is a pretty good cleanser, but it breaks me out. Find one that's free of sulfates and parabens.

Candida is very over-blown on this website, I fell for it too. Unless your on your death bed, you don't have candida. Now a vaginal yeast infection is possibly, but you don't have a systemic one, unless you can show me a stool test that says you do.

How did you find out you had candida? Unless you got a comprehensive stool test done that showed a yeast over-growth you are falling for the candida over-growth marketing all over the internet.

Without knowing you, its tough to say what is causing your acne. However I DO KNOW that in many people, pro-biotics break them out. When you take into consideration that many probiotics are "dead" by the time they are in the bottle sitting on the shelf, your ingesting extra bacteria and your body is having a tough time clearing it out.

There was an old thread here where many people documented how various probiotics broke them out in bad acne.

I would ditch the probiotics first. Even if you really DO have candida (which I highly doubt), you are not suppose to take probiotics right off the bat. You are suppose to use the diet and anti-fungal sups for a while, 3-4 months, before bring in good gut flora.

Also look into your face wash routine. Its sounds like your using a lot of different stuff. Keep it simple, your skin can get very irritated by common cleansing products now days since they have so many different chemicals and drying agents. I know Cetaphil is a pretty good cleanser, but it breaks me out. Find one that's free of sulfates and parabens.

Candida is very over-blown on this website, I fell for it too. Unless your on your death bed, you don't have candida. Now a vaginal yeast infection is possibly, but you don't have a systemic one, unless you can show me a stool test that says you do.

Hi! I went to the homeopathic doctor who diagnosed me after a test! I think the candida is all cleared now. Sorry I never really specified my acne routine

morning-

cetaphil

moisturize

polysporin on spots

evening-

cetaphil

zinc on spots

thanks!