Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unbreakable1

Look awful in natural lighting

I just looked in the mirror in my kitchen and I realised how ugly I look (not acne related)... ew. Anyone else like this? I don't know if it's the lighting or what, but...

Edited by Callum.

I just looked in the mirror in my kitchen and I realised how ugly I look (not acne related)... ew. Anyone else like this? I don't know if it's the lighting or what, but...

Yes, sometimes it depends on the lighting. In my bathroom, I look hideous. In my room better. I hate it.

I'm the same, don't worry. I hate grocery and department stores, and basically anywhere that there is stark fluorescent lighting. I also have pretty awesome cellulite which looks worse in overhead lighting. In direct sunlight it's alright. But anything top-down makes it look worse, and I think that can be the same for acne, scars and things like that.

I like this quote, though: “No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly.†- Oscar Wilde

Everyone has their moments and it's okay to be imperfect.

I also look weird in certain lighting. In my bathroom mirror, I look great, but in areas of very low lighting with just like one lightbulb hanging from the ceiling my face casts weird shadows. I think it happens to everyone. :)

Oh and also there's definitely a range of how good I look in certain lightings. Like sometimes I look okay and in some lightings, like in my bathroom, I look better than normal. And in low lighting I look worse than normal.

I'm the same, don't worry. I hate grocery and department stores, and basically anywhere that there is stark fluorescent lighting. I also have pretty awesome cellulite which looks worse in overhead lighting. In direct sunlight it's alright. But anything top-down makes it look worse, and I think that can be the same for acne, scars and things like that.

I like this quote, though: “No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly.” - Oscar Wilde

Everyone has their moments and it's okay to be imperfect.

fantastic quote.

I am obsessive about lighting. I have BDD and OCD practically since elementary school and I KNOW my eyes know immediately which lighting makes me looks good, or which lighting makes me look bad, also angles come into factor and how much different types of lighting are hitting you from different sides.

obsessive :confused: