Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myskinisHELL

What is the fastest and most effective way to fade hyperpigmentation?

Posted

I've tried lemon juice and ACV... both marginally improved my PIH... but that's not good enough for me. I want to see obvious results. I want my post acne marks GONE.

So what's out there? Thank you thank you thank you : D

Posted

If you're dealing with old red marks, weekly peels will do the trick. I started doing lactic acid peels two months ago and my old marks are gone (they were a year old, just to give you an idea of how long I had them for). I'm only dealing with recent marks (3-4 months) but they're taking longer to fade.

Posted
If you're dealing with old red marks, weekly peels will do the trick. I started doing lactic acid peels two months ago and my old marks are gone (they were a year old, just to give you an idea of how long I had them for). I'm only dealing with recent marks (3-4 months) but they're taking longer to fade.

How bad do the lactic acid peels hurt? What's the healing time for those/do you have to stay inside the house for a week because of the shedding skin? I have a job and I have to look somewhat presentable!

Posted (edited)

All you will feel is a slight sting, but this will lessen with each peel you do. I have sensitive skin, so after the peel, my skin look as though I have a mild sunburn. After 12 hours, I get the 'browning' effect and this lasts for 3-4 days before it flakes off. (Don't peel it, let it fall by itself).

You don't have to stay inside, but make sure that you use a stable sunscreen and apply 1/4 tsp of it on your face. Maybe more just to be safe.

Again, this is just based on my experience. I only get microscopic flakes and it's barely visible unless you look closely. The first month I started with 40% and then I moved up to 50% after my 11th peel. I've build up tolerance and can leave it on for 10 minutes. Whereas when I first started I could only do 3 minutes. I just followed the instruction that came with the kit.

Edited by Anta

Posted (edited)
All you will feel is a slight sting, but this will lessen with each peel you do. I have sensitive skin, so after the peel, my skin look as though I have a mild sunburn. After 12 hours, I get the 'browning' effect and this lasts for 3-4 days before it flakes off. (Don't peel it, let it fall by itself).

You don't have to stay inside, but make sure that you use a stable sunscreen and apply 1/4 tsp of it on your face. Maybe more just to be safe.

Again, this is just based on my experience. I only get microscopic flakes and it's barely visible unless you look closely. The first month I started with 40% and then I moved up to 50% after my 11th peel. I've build up tolerance and can leave it on for 10 minutes. Whereas when I first started I could only do 3 minutes. I just followed the instruction that came with the kit.

What specific peel are you using and where did you buy it?

Edited by myskinisHELL

Posted (edited)

Yes, you can do it yourself :P It's really easy. I know the first time can be quite scary, but there's nothing to worry about as long as you follow the direction. The people who get burned are those who start up too fast, thinking they can leave it on for more than the recommended time. Don't be one of those idiots :doh: There's a reason why it came with an instruction, so it's best to follow it.

Wear gloves to protect your fingers. And make a neutralizing solution with 1 tbsp baking soda to one cup water before doing the peel so it's ready when you need it. If you feel any pain or discomfort, neutralize the acid with the baking soda solution.

Oh, to answer your last question, I bought the peel from this company:

SkinBeautySolutions

I got the 40% lactic acid first, then moved up to 50%.

If you have any more questions, feel free to pm me :)

I honestly think that doing home remedies is a B-I-G waste of time. Maybe if your marks are on milder side, then there's a possibility that they may work for you. But if they're severe and/or cause you grief each time you look in the mirror, it's time to move on to better alternatives. I wish I hadn't wasted my time with lemon juice, acv, aloe vera, etc. It took 11 peels for my old marks to fade away, imagine how long it would have taken if I had used ACV :rolleyes:

Edited by Anta

Posted

How long did each of you try the ACV and lemon for?

I've been using this for about a week and see that the redness

has shifted to a sort of brown color.

At this point I'm committed to trying this for the next 12 weeks or so.

My solution is 1/3 acv, 1/3 lemon, 1/3 water, plus some drops

of tea tree oil.

Posted
How long did each of you try the ACV and lemon for?

I've been using this for about a week and see that the redness

has shifted to a sort of brown color.

At this point I'm committed to trying this for the next 12 weeks or so.

My solution is 1/3 acv, 1/3 lemon, 1/3 water, plus some drops

of tea tree oil.

I tried the ACV for about 3 weeks and the lemon juice (which I'm still using) for a few months now, I'd say about 4 months. I don't really see a noticeable difference in my marks, but the lemon juice does help prevent my whiteheads and makes my skin soft so I'll continue to use it.

I think I'm gonna give a Lactic Acid peel a try.

Posted (edited)

I gave each remedy a two month period before judging whether they worked or not. The lemon juice I applied very thinly but it only made my marks redder (probably due to the acidity of the lemon). The ACV neither improved or worsened the condition of my red marks, but it did make my skin less oily. So that's one positive thing I can take from that experience.

Edited by Anta

Posted

what about paulas choice skin lightening treatment gel? i hear that works pretty well and alot of positive reviews