Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ijpinilla

Willooooow, where are you? (or others on Laura's regimen)

So, I'm in week one of Laura's non-inflamed acne regimen, and I see that week 4 and 5 calls for wearing BP overnight without a moisturizer. I was wondering, besides maybe slowing down the process of getting clear a bit, are there any other major drawbacks to continuing to apply moisturizer during the 4th and 5th week? If slowing down the process of comedone-free skin is the only implication, I'm not too concerned. After being on Dan's regimen for almost two years, I know that my skin resorts to a flaky mess (but not red irritation) when using BP without properly moisturizing, so I'd rather take the risk of taking a little extra time to get clear than dealing with flaky snakeskin again (it took months to get it under control the first time). Not to mention, I'm about to hit the ole 25 year mark (turning 25 years old in November) and would like to avoid any potential drying of my skin.

Also, do people on this regimen feel that the application of AHA and manual exfoliation twice a day keep flakes at bay during the 4th and 5th week?

Muchas gracias! :D

Edited by ijpinilla

So, I'm in week one of Laura's non-inflamed acne regimen, and I see that week 4 and 5 calls for wearing BP overnight without a moisturizer. I was wondering, besides maybe slowing down the process of getting clear a bit, are there any other major drawbacks to continuing to apply moisturizer during the 4th and 5th week? If slowing down the process of comedone-free skin is the only implication, I'm not too concerned. After being on Dan's regimen for almost two years, I know that my skin resorts to a flaky mess (but not red irritation) when using BP without properly moisturizing, so I'd rather take the risk of taking a little extra time to get clear than dealing with flaky snakeskin again (it took months to get it under control the first time). Not to mention, I'm about to hit the ole 25 year mark (turning 25 years old in November) and would like to avoid any potential drying of my skin.

Also, do people on this regimen feel that the application of AHA and manual exfoliation twice a day keep flakes at bay during the 4th and 5th week?

Muchas gracias! :D

I think that the reason might have been to allow for more peeling of the skin, which can loosen the comedones. I don't know if its completely necessary to skip the moisturizer though. As long as whatever you are using isn't contributing to your clogged pores, you can probably keep using it.

Oh, that makes complete and total sense! I think I'll be brave and venture into the week 4 and 5 as recommended and only add moisturizer if my skin becomes a complete and total mess.

Thanks so much, Willow!