Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Allison12

Getting bangs to cover red marks?

My skin marks up really easily. I had one bad breakout and now I have redmarks everywhere. It looks as bad as a breakout =(

I can sort of conceal the marks, but I have trouble using concealer on my forehead.

I'm debating getting bangs to hide the marks because they last so long. But I haven't had bangs since I was like 5 and I'm kind of scared... any insight?

Well, they can be side swept bangs, so they don't make you look like you're 5, lol. The only thing you have to watch out for more breakouts if you have your bangs laying on your forehead and temples. I keep my hair out of my face at all times because I don't want to break out on any part of my face. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have bangs if the oils in your hair can cause even more acne which leads to more red marks.

That's true, although I wash my hair every day and don't use any hair products. The other thing is, I don't like spending a lot of time on my hair and I'm worried that I'll have to if I get bangs. I can't go out with them sticking up or something, haha.

Every time I look in the mirror I want to cry, so I feel like I have to do something about it =(

I hear you! I wear my hair in a way that hides my acne all over my cheecks. It might cause more acne (I really don't know if it does) but I feel like I need to so I can go out in public. Do whatever makes you more comfortable.

I broke out horribly when I got bangs. It was to the point where I gave them up, because bangs couldn't really hide the damage they had done.

Just be careful. :)

(Oh yes, and I had to style them every day.)

Just my personal experience, but I've had forehead bangs for years and it never caused a break out. I do break out on my cheeks though where I have no contact with hair.

It probably depends on how sensitive your skin is. I used to have a blunt cut fringe, straight across my forehead that sat on my eyebrows. It broke me out on my forehead, but my skin is prone to randomly breaking out anyway so it was nothing extreme.

If you've trained a part into your hair, which pretty much everybody has, you will have to blow dry/straighten your bangs every morning and use hairspray, mousse or some kind of product with hold in it to keep them sleek and in place. Even then, by the end of the day you'll likely end up with a part in your bangs where you normally part your hair. I used to get frustrated with this which is why I gave up on having bangs. Plus sweating underneath curls it and makes it frizzy. If you have naturally really straight hair, it'd probably be easier.