Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
remccann

Can't use Benzoyl peroxide!!

A few years ago I had a severe allergic reaction to Benzoyl peroxide. I went to bed with a 10% solution of BP, and woke up with my eyelids filled with fluid. I had to take a large dose of benadryl to stop the inflammation. Ever since then I can't use any products that have BP in it. Most of the people of these forums say to use BP, but I will never be able to use it again. What are some other products that are good to use on acne prone/sensitive skin? I can't find anything that works. Please help me.

Products with salicylic acid are good substitute to BP products.

Also, as a spot treatment, I recommend tea tree oil. It is very drying though, and has a very strong smell (though I myself have gotten used to it, and I kind of like it, it's invigorating!). Some people have had bad luck with it, but I myself have not. You should try it out.

You want to look into products with Alpha or Beta Hydroxy acids. Taco girl listed one of the acids. One will help with current acne, the other will help with complexion/tone.