Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
remccann

TRIED EVERYTHING...NOTHING WORKS!

I am a 27 yo female and I have been struggling with acne off and on for the last 7 years. I have gone to a dermatolgist where they prescribed benzaclin, clidamyacin cream, 10% bp, and retanol. I tried these products for several months to no avail, so I gave up. I started treating my skin by just cleansing it twice a day and using a moisturizer. IT started to clear up for about a year, and an wham! I got acne all of sudden again. I mainly have it in my cheek area. I get cystic acne that last several days. I had to find out the hard way that I am allergic to BP, so I can't use Dan's regime. I had a severe allergic reaction, where my eyelids filled up with fluid. Ever since then I am super sensitive to most acne treatments. I am currently using Image brand salicylic acid face wash, and the Image ormedic moisturizer. Everytime I use topical salicylic acid treatments, I break out so bad. I am starting to cut out dairy and sugary products to see if this will help. I don't know what else to do. Does anyone have any advice for me? I am going back to see a dermatologist tomorrow to see what she recommends. Please, if you have anything to add, let me know. Thanks.

Current medications: thyroxine, Mirena IUD (I have had this year), allegra, benadryl, sudafed

You have definitely not tried everything.

Go to the nutrition boards and read about all the people that have gotten rid of their acne with diet and supplementation. There's a success compilation thread in that forum.

Gluten, dairy, citrus, seafood, nuts, etc can all be causes of acne for some people.

I am a 27 yo female and I have been struggling with acne off and on for the last 7 years. I have gone to a dermatolgist where they prescribed benzaclin, clidamyacin cream, 10% bp, and retanol. I tried these products for several months to no avail, so I gave up. I started treating my skin by just cleansing it twice a day and using a moisturizer. IT started to clear up for about a year, and an wham! I got acne all of sudden again. I mainly have it in my cheek area. I get cystic acne that last several days. I had to find out the hard way that I am allergic to BP, so I can't use Dan's regime. I had a severe allergic reaction, where my eyelids filled up with fluid. Ever since then I am super sensitive to most acne treatments. I am currently using Image brand salicylic acid face wash, and the Image ormedic moisturizer. Everytime I use topical salicylic acid treatments, I break out so bad. I am starting to cut out dairy and sugary products to see if this will help. I don't know what else to do. Does anyone have any advice for me? I am going back to see a dermatologist tomorrow to see what she recommends. Please, if you have anything to add, let me know. Thanks.

Current medications: thyroxine, Mirena IUD (I have had this year), allegra, benadryl, sudafed

Well, if you've had the IUD for a long time maybe it isn't that, but perhaps you should look into it to make sure that your IUD isn't the cause of the acne flare up. Cutting out dairy and sugar is a good start.

Hello! Well I'm hoping that you can find a regime that works for you!

I have read in previous posts that the IUD maybe causing your breakouts. There is a thread on somehwere on here about it you may want to read.

You can also try using a mild natural cleanser. I had been using a high end brand of facial wash, toner & moisterizer once, it was ok and helped to clear me up, but I was still getting lots of break outs when my period came. Now I'm using stuff that is more natural and getting way better results.