Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kelso57

popped 2 gross white heads that looked like 10 seconds from bursting

k well these 2 pustules were on the verge of explosion and would have either popped in the shower or when i fell asleep and turned over on my face on the pillow or something

i popped them using a sterilized needle then used a tissue around my fingers to push the shit out

theres no swelling around or anything

did i do that properly and am i going to be ok?

When I do this, even without the needle sometimes, I'm OK. But it's VERY IMPORTANT to remember that nobody has the same type of skin, some are much more prone to scarring than other, especially further into your treatment. It's basically up to yourself to decide/figure out what's right and wrong for your skin.

But, if you ask any (almost?) derm, they would probably say something a long this line:"never pop a fucking zit again!"

by scar do you mean PIH mark or an actual scar like icepick scar or something?

because il probably for sure have a PIH mark from these (i do from any zit even if i dont pop it) but ive actually never had a icepick scar or a deepening in the skin or anything

the pih mark might be a tad worse though?

As far as I understand: PIH marks will fade with time (can take up to two years), and even faster once off Accutane and then you can use exfoliating products too (and other stuff).

Scars are for life and are quite hard to get rid off, even with todays methods (according to my derm).

I used to have a PIH mark for like 2 weeks after I popped a zit when I was not on Accutane, but now, still 3 months after I popped some zits while on Accutane (been on it for about 4,5 months) I still have a lot of PIH marks everywhere, but they will fade away.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong :)

ya once im off il ask my derm for the best cream to get rid of them or helpthem fade faster

even when i wasnt on accutane i would have a pih for a while but evebn more so because once it healed a bit another zit would pop up on the same spot so it just got worse and worse, never got a chance to heal

and ya your right the accutane slows down healing time on your skin (cant remember why but i heard it on here)

I'm in the middle of month 4. I haven't stopped myself from popping anything my whole treatment, and i've been completely fine. I think it just depends on the individuals skin.

I'm in the middle of month 4. I haven't stopped myself from popping anything my whole treatment, and i've been completely fine. I think it just depends on the individuals skin.

you dont get pih marks at all?

you dont get pih marks at all?

I've gotten a couple, but they went away within a week. My skin also seems to have a LOT less of a problem with dryness than most people on accutane, though. I think it just depends on the person.