Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
renak

My TCA Cross Progress

Hello,

After very bad cystic acne I developed a lot of acne scarring, largely very deep ice pick scars. For several years I tried every topical solution I could get my hands on. I tried needling briefly, but was afraid to go all the way with needling. I was also afraid to do TCA Cross myself; yet, I continued to research it nonstop, for a few years. I was inspired by a man who posted photo's of himself on this forum. Eventually, I decided that I would order the TCA Cross product and try it. I finally purchased the TCA Cross kit in August 2010. However, I was still afraid to do the first application.

In October 2010 I had a four day break from work and decided it would be a great time for my first application. Since then, I have had a total of five applications. I still need more applications, but I'm thrilled with the progress I've made.

I would strongly encourage others to try TCA Cross too. Contrary to what I thought, I did not feel a lot of burning, and I did not have a lot of down time. In fact, the last two applciations I performed during the work week. People simply did not notice. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask me.

I have spent less than $100 on all applications. I simply would never have been able to afford this if done by a doctor or at a dayspa. It was do it myself or don't do anything. I'm glad I did it.

Edited by renak

Hi Renak

I saw your pics on another post and let me say I see great improvement. I am so happy for you. I've also been on the org for over year and have been researching different methods and I'm pretty sure that TCA cross would be the best method for me on most of my scars. I have a few questions if you don't mind before people start bombarding you with questions on here as well.

1) Where did you get the TCA solution from?

2) How long did you wait before you did another cross?

3) What did you do post treatment? I know that you have to keep the area unwashed for a couple of days or something like that?

4) Are you using any topicals to control your acne still and are you using any topicals to stimulate collagen growth such as retin a, green cream, aha's, vitamin c etc...?

Sorry for all the questions but I think many of us here on the boards will benefit from your experience.

u kinda failed on uploading the pics buddy! hopefully we can see these pics soon!

I sure did fail. I am completely unable to load pics on my threads. I posted two on another thread. I am unsure why I was able to post those two, but can't post more. Anyway, I created a folder in the gallery. You can look under my name to locate the pics if you desire.

My pictures are on the Ice Pick Scars thread.

Edited by renak

Hi Renak

I saw your pics on another post and let me say I see great improvement. I am so happy for you. I've also been on the org for over year and have been researching different methods and I'm pretty sure that TCA cross would be the best method for me on most of my scars. I have a few questions if you don't mind before people start bombarding you with questions on here as well.

1) Where did you get the TCA solution from?

2) How long did you wait before you did another cross?

3) What did you do post treatment? I know that you have to keep the area unwashed for a couple of days or something like that?

4) Are you using any topicals to control your acne still and are you using any topicals to stimulate collagen growth such as retin a, green cream, aha's, vitamin c etc...?

Sorry for all the questions but I think many of us here on the boards will benefit from your experience.

I bought the product from Perfect Complexion.

I always waited at least on month between applications.

I gently washed my face with cetaphil three days after the procedure. I did not apply anything moist until about a week. I wanted my skin to be dry and form scabs (rare for me). I did apply dry mineral powder make up on day 3 or 4 when I had to return to work.

After a week I used a MyChelle Deep Repair Cream. I take a multi-vitamin, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and consume a lot of omega 3's. During my treatments I ate a diet very rich in protein, and a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits. I also drank Amalaki Drink Mix, which is supposed to be high in antioxidants and encourage cellular rejuvenation.

I am unsure if the MyChelle or Amalaki helped or not. I thought it was worth a try. I doubt that I will buy them for future treatments.

Edited by renak