Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fredjones

1 month post accutane so far..how long should i wait for surgery?

Hi

Im about 1 month post accutane and I want something done for my skin to get rid of these red marks which do not look like they are healing anytime soon.

How long should I wait before doing something like laser surgery or chemical peels etc..?

also what in your opinion is the best method of getting rid of red marks? Anyone have any experience with it?

also don't give me no 'wait for it, change diet, etc...' i dont care about that im ready to move on with my life

If you decide that lasering the red marks is right for you instead of waiting, then you will have to wait at least 5 more months. That's what I was told when I thought I was going to get my red marks taken care of with a laser. I decided against it because it's costly and they don't bother me that much. I would have to end up paying for it all with my own money since insurance considers it cosmetic and doesn't cover it.

i emailed my derm and he said to wait til november..which is like 5 months since finishing...hmm

no one has experience with laser surgery?

I would wait out the 5 months and see how much the red marks have already faded by that time. On a side note, did you have a red face or glow while on accutane? Did it go away yet since you have finished the course?

no i did not have a red face but 'glow' sorta like it looks like my face is oily and it kinda is but i also wear a lot of moisturizor but even when i don't put on the moisturizor it still looks oily