Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PerfecklyFlawd

Trying Something New

So I'm starting a new regimen today. I guess I'll give a little background about myself first.

I'm 24 years old....African American...female. I've had acne since I was a teenager. It has gotten better over the years...but it's bad enough to make me self conscious. If I had to classify it I would say moderate to severe. I have oily skin...more so in my T-Zone area. My acne is worse on my cheeks, chin, and jaw line.

I've read different posts and see that people have given up things like dairy, meats, and sweets. I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that because I don't think I will ever have clear skin if that's the case (I'm addicted to milk lol).

I've tried a lot of different stuff...more than I can actually remember...Pro Activ, Max Clarity, Yaz, Nature's Cure, topical treatments prescribed by the dermatologist. I've had some small success, but nothing life changing. I haven't tried Accutane yet...I'm trying to hold off on that...it'll be my last resort.

I do have the bad have the bad habit of touching my face...so I'm going to try really really hard not to do that. So yeah...that's about it with me. (If there's anything I forgot to mention that you think would be helpful to know just let me know and I can update it).

So here is my planned regimen:

Morning and Evening:

1. Wash face with Shea Moisture Black Soap (I found it at Target...had to look in the soap aisle for the bar soap)

2. Dickinson's Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner (Got mine at Walgreens)

3. Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Stress Control 3-n-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment (Salicylic Acid)

4. Ambi Fade Cream for Oily Skin

5. Ambi Even & Clear Daily Moisturizer

I also plan to drink at least two 8oz glasses of water a day (and gradually build on it), cut back on the sodas, and take 1 One a Day Women's Multivitamin pill a day. I try to eat semi healthy...but no way I'm giving up dairy, meat, and sweets. I'll post pics of the process...wish me luck lol

post-155349-1312150535_thumb.jpg

post-155349-1312150601_thumb.jpg

post-155349-1312150639_thumb.jpg

post-155349-1312150783_thumb.jpg

post-155349-1312150535_thumb.jpg

post-155349-1312150601_thumb.jpg

post-155349-1312150639_thumb.jpg

post-155349-1312150783_thumb.jpg

Edited by PerfecklyFlawd

So I did my regimen...I waited a few minutes between washing my face and using the toner. I then waited until my face dried and applied the Neutrogena 3-n-1. I then waited 30 minutes before applying the Ambi Fade Cream and Even & Clear. My skin does feel a little softer. I'll take pictures in the morning to see if my face looks any different. :pray:

So I've come to the conclusion that there's no way I'll update every day (boo on me...I know). But I'll try and update every couple of days.

So I've been following my schedule and I do think it's helping my skin. It definitely feels softer, if nothing else and it appears that the acne is starting to go away. A few whiteheads popped up...but they seemed to dry out and start to disappear overnight (yay). I've been making a really conscious effort not to touch my face...which is very very hard for me. I've touched it a few times...but no where nearly as much as I use to. So far I am really liking the shea moisture black soap. My face feels squeaky clean after I finish washing with it lol.

My skin still gets oily...so I'm going to have to invest in some oil absorber sheets. So far I'm liking the results of my regimen. I'll post pictures at the end of the week.