Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sgfernandez

I just bought a Dermastamp! How often should I use it?

Hello everyone! I'm Sal and I'm new to the forum (although I've been here before, just never signed up!) I have moderate boxcar/crater like acne scars, mostly just on my cheeks, and I only very recently discovered the Dermastamp and how beneficial it can be for acne scars, among many other things. I honestly had never heard of it before earlier this month! I bought a 1.5mm titanium one off of Ebay.

I was just wondering how often should I be "stamping"? I did it for the first time last night, and didn't need to use any kind of numbing cream or anything. I didn't think it was that bad. I was pretty rough as well and bled a lot (but it was extremely brief). I've read that most people say that one treatment every 4-6 weeks is the best method, but I've also read about other people doing it more often.. but what really is the best option? I'm afraid that if I do it too frequently I will not give my skin's collagen enough time to rebuild.. but if I do it too infrequently I worry that I may potentially have to wait a lot longer for results. Does anyone have more information about this? Thanks in advance!! :D

Edited by sgfernandez

The people who are doing it more frequently than 4-6 weeks are more than likely using a smaller needle such as .25-.5mm which simply allows your topicals to penetrate the skin easier. Unlike the 1.5mm needle size they do not penetrate at the collagen level. if your using 1.5mm or greater Ive only heard of using it every 4-6 weeks just like you would do for rolling. Stamping is sooooooooooooooo much less painful than rolling. Honestly its hard to keep myself from stamping every week.

The people who are doing it more frequently than 4-6 weeks are more than likely using a smaller needle such as .25-.5mm which simply allows your topicals to penetrate the skin easier. Unlike the 1.5mm needle size they do not penetrate at the collagen level. if your using 1.5mm or greater Ive only heard of using it every 4-6 weeks just like you would do for rolling. Stamping is sooooooooooooooo much less painful than rolling. Honestly its hard to keep myself from stamping every week.

I know what you mean! I feel the same way, and it's tempting to do it too much. What size stamp are you using? I also bought an additional .75mm stamp for the forhead area only. I guess either way I'll stick to the once a month regime to allow my collagen to rebuild. That is the point after all! I'm really glad I got a titanium stamp though since it will last much longer than a stainless steel one. And yeah, I've never tried rolling, and from what I researched, stamping is way more effective for my type of scarring.

Edited by sgfernandez

Guys

If you don't mind me asking, where do you recommend getting Dermastamp from? Also what is downtime like compared to Dermaroller?

Plan is to incorporate Dermatamp in between roll sessions which i get done just twice a year!

Hi there! I bought them off of eBay to be honest, but they can be found on amazon too! The dermastamp was unveiled only 3 years ago so there probably isn't any one brand better than the other. I recommend buying one that is made of titanium because it will last much longer. Also, deeper scars require a 1.5mm length or longer if you wish. What kind of acne scarring do you have?

Edited by sgfernandez

And I forgot to mention downtime! The day after you will be red but it's coverable with some foundation makeup! I went to work the very next day. The microswelling actually improves the appearance of the scars briefly!! Aside from the redness. The real results take time and multiple sessions.

Hi there! I bought them off of eBay to be honest, but they can be found on amazon too! The dermastamp was unveiled only 3 years ago so there probably isn't any one brand better than the other. I recommend buying one that is made of titanium because it will last much longer. Also, deeper scars require a 1.5mm length or longer if you wish. What kind of acne scarring do you have?

I there i have boxscar in small pockets and have had dermarolling done before but as i am only affected in small areas thought dermastamp would be more beneficial and less downtime as only need to stamp that area?

I will have look on ebay for titanium one, how often should one do it?