Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brandoncolorado

Oily skin --- burning in sun

Hi everyone,

I am 25, and I have very oily skin. I am from Colorado (a dry climate), but I have lived in Florida for about 3 years now. I am having an issue and I want to see if others with oily skin have the same issue.

First, I am VERY sensitive to heat and humidity. If I am outside in temperatures above 80 with any humidity, I sweat A LOT. My shirt will soak through, my face automatically looks very shiny.

Second, my face feels like it is burning whenever I am in the sun. This is the same even if I wear sunscreen. Where others just walk like it doesn't bother them, I struggle, squint, and feel very uncomfortable in heat.

I don't have light skin -- in fact, I have skin that tans easily and I have dark brown hair.

Does anyone battle heat like this?

I feel the same way when I'm out in the sun, too. I can't even stand the heat anymore. Here in the Midwest, each summer has gotten even hotter than the one before it. I cannot tolerate heat well, and I cannot tolerate cold weather well. This is why I prefer the Spring and Fall seasons. Maybe it has to do with my ethnic background? I am Turkish and Armenian. I tan very easily, too, and have dark features. I find that when I'm in the heat I also have a hard time concentrating. It feels like my mind is in a haze and that it's very difficult to focus on what someone is saying to me. Do you feel the same?

Edited by Sima

Sima I feel exactly the same! Heat with humidity makes me feel like Im in a semi-coma.

Your backround is from "hot climates" but Ill bet they are not humid ones?

My family are all from Russia--the cold part--so I really am not too happy above 80 degrees at all.I dont mind as much if its not humid but on the east coast it always is. The heat wave were having right now isnt doing me any good...I feel just, icky all the time :-(

Brandon: not trying to be flippant but why dont you just move back to a nicer climate? Florida is horrible esp in the summer. And they have all those giant lizards, snakes, bugs...eek!

OK so Im not a Florida fan I admit lol.

California is nice too :-)

A

Sima I feel exactly the same! Heat with humidity makes me feel like Im in a semi-coma.

Your backround is from "hot climates" but Ill bet they are not humid ones?

My family are all from Russia--the cold part--so I really am not too happy above 80 degrees at all.I dont mind as much if its not humid but on the east coast it always is. The heat wave were having right now isnt doing me any good...I feel just, icky all the time :-(

Brandon: not trying to be flippant but why dont you just move back to a nicer climate? Florida is horrible esp in the summer. And they have all those giant lizards, snakes, bugs...eek!

OK so Im not a Florida fan I admit lol.

California is nice too :-)

A

I think Turkey is a little cooler than the summers here in Missouri based on what I have read. I am convinced that it has to do with what ethnicity you are since Brandon has dark features, I have dark features.. and we feel the same way.

Hi, I'm in the UK and exactly the same. I just fry where I get oily. My eyes and generally sensitivity is also hard going in the light and heat. Sometimes I've just put it down to working indoors a lot, and if I spent more time outdoors I would get used to it. But there does feel like something related to the oil.

I also am dark haired and tan easily.

I break out when its hot and humid. My oil production also goes up dramatically as well. This weekend I went to a picnic were the temp was in the 90's. Like you said, everyone seems to manage the sun rather well, but I'm sufering trying to look for shade even when I have sunscreen on. And for the first time, my eyes felt like they were burning and I kept squinting it was so bad. Hot days and I don't mix!!!! I prefer 70 to 80 weather!!