Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ron10

Is the Regimen a permanent solution to acne?

Must I persist with this course indefinitely? Or will acne miraculously stop appearing once my face clears? I have not the slightest desire to incorporate this habit into my life till the end of my days. I would sooner live with acne than continue to invest two hours every day trying to battle this most superficial aspect of my life.

Bit over one month on the regimen, and no desire to quit yet.

-Ron

Must I persist with this course indefinitely? Or will acne miraculously stop appearing once my face clears? I have not the slightest desire to incorporate this habit into my life till the end of my days. I would sooner live with acne than continue to invest two hours every day trying to battle this most superficial aspect of my life.

-Ron

Until you 'outgrow' acne in your late teens/early 20s or something in that ballpark, you will continue to have acne when you stop using BP, even if BP has gotten you clear.

Edited by Sandman21

It's not a permanent solution. You have to keep at it. Accutane would be a permanent solution, but by no means am I suggesting that to you. I'm just comparing something like a topical regimen to an internal solution.

-Ron

Until you 'outgrow' acne in your late teens/early 20s or something in that ballpark, you will continue to have acne when you stop using BP, even if BP has gotten you clear.

There is no guarantee that one will "outgrow" acne after your 20s. Unfortunately...some people on here get it well into their 40s. Sucks . If youre lucky you 'outgrow" it but for some out there it isnt over untill you begin to have wrinkles concerns more than acne ones :-(

Once it clears you of all your acne I think you could go to once a day or even go every other day, and see how your skin reacts. I've still been doing it twice a day but I use half a pump of BP now and no signs of acne coming back. I might switch to once a day and use it as a spot treatment eventually.