Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

iv'e always wanted to get a hormonal panel done, it just cost like $200-300 which is why i haven't yet and the doctor asked my weight nothing offical i mean i could have lied,but she can clearly see how small i am lol and lja25 my face has always been kinda ruddy especially after i put something on it or get too hot and whatnot. annnnnnddd ever since accutane iv'e devolped facial flushing and hyperhydrosis on my face, like i can sweat pretty badly on my upperlip and in the middle of my chin( where the indent is) it has driven me nuts especially in the summer like how am isupposed to put makeup on? i really think it was the accutane that did this cause iv heard of other cases too

day 148

last day of my white period pills and my breakout stage is finally ending, just have some healing up to do. i wasn't very happy this week because the week before my period i started to get really dry and irritated down there and when it finally got to my period it reminded me of the same thing that happened 75 days ago which i thought was a rash or yeast infection.

Has anyone had yeast infections or irritation subside after a certain amount of time on spiro?

it only happens around my period so im gonna try to amp up the probiotics its not really a yeast infection its just dry and irritated and bugs like crazy.

day 152

so i bumped up my dosage two days ago to 75mgs and let me tell u it is not looking pretty. i defiantly understand everyone hating the initial breakout cause its like a bunch up pimples all popping up at once and to top it off i have to face my entire family tomorrow for our annual christmas reunion. frickin fantastic lol anywayss im now taking 25 mg in the morning and 50 mg at night and i recommend anyone planning to up there dosage to do it on a week where they have nothing goin on in case they possibly need to hide lol my ib isn't anything cystic but i have like 13 little pustules all around my mouth are and then from the mouth up im totally clear so i basically look like a freak and im hoping it well settle down within the week so i can come out of hiding ha hah

day 157

so my face does not look happy right now it is all red and spotty around my mouth area and then the rest of my face is totally fine. where i had the ib looks really red even though the actually breakout is subsiding its just super annoying cause my face is a paleish color and whenever i have a pimple even if its really small it makes the entire area around it bright red, i wear mineral makeup so its still noticeable under that, id almost switch to concealer or somethin else but then id breakout even more :/ ive been on 75mgs for 8 days and id say the bad part of the ib lasted 6 days which seemed like forever. i would hope that my skin will magically clear up now that im on 75 and dry up all my oil but only time can tell lol

btw im 5'4 100 pounds im waiting two more months before i decide what to do about my dosage or see if theres much more of a difference on 75mg. is anyone this size and taking 100mgs? i kinda wanna go up because i feel like 100 would totally wipe out my acne but at the same time im really tiny and im kinda scared id have some adverse side effects lol

advice pleaseeee :)

day 133

just wanted to update to say my predictions were correct,as soon as i stopped eating choclate i seriously had no new pimples pop up,like it went from 10 overnight to 0 lol so now my skin is back to normal and i have no real active pimples. i don't know if i have a sensitivity to chocolate or sugar after that little incident,because anytime i want somethin sweet i eat chocolate soooooooo idk im just glad my face is smooth agian lol

the bacteria feeds on glucose and chocolate is rich in that.So low glucose diet is the key..for some people.Try it and tell us how it works for u

Edited by eastie

iv tried a diet like that before and i do notice that it helps although i would still get cystic acne. spiro is the only thing so far to get rid of my cystic acne as well as my headaches. and since i notice that eliminating sugar helps id like to have a diet like tha but every since i was 13 my weight has been between 98-105 pounds and im 19 now and it still has stayed exactly the same it is extremly hard for me to gain weight and if i eliminate to many things from my diet ill waste away :/ lol i do have a pretty good diet right now though i eat alot of fish fruits,veggies,green tea and no other caffine,soda or fruit juices just water soooo since i have a pretty good diet and only breakout on the bottom of my face thats why im thinking spiro can fix it.Expect when im an idiot and try to have a bunch of chocolate -_- ha hah

oh yeah i meant to do this,but this is a list of why i think i may have pcos or low estrogen/higher androgen levels:

1.very oily skin since puberty

2. have a alot of trouble gaining weight

3. before spiro used to get 1 or 2 black hairs way under my chin

4. my aunt had endometriosis and suffered from severe acne

5.i have an extremely high sex drive even after taking bc

6.i only breakout on the bottom half of my face

7.have gotten really bad cramps before period

feel free to tell me what u think :)

Merry Christmas :) I've been following your log for a while, but never wrote a post in it. But I see how many things we have in common. I'm also trying to eat healthy (holistic people made me paranoid about my diet), but I have weight problems as well. I'm 105lbs with 5'7'', which is considered underweight. I eliminate gluten, dairy and sugar from my diet and I don't know if it helps with my acne, but it definitely helped my to lose weight. I'm on 75mg Spiro, I've been taking it for 5 months, and my skin has improved, Spiro reduced cystic premenstrual acne, but I still have to deal with whiteheads and red marks.

If u find any healthy way to gain weight ( becoz I have fast metabolism and fruits and veggies don't provide enough calories) let me know. :) Good luck with your Spiro journey.

Yea, and one more question. How long are you going to stay on Spiro?

Merry Christmas as well! and i will definatly let you know if i find a way to put on some weight, right now im going to try and maintain my diet though and when my skin gets clearer i might start incorporating some more meat,pasta or whey shakes. i wish i had been on 75 for 5 months but i only just bumped up to that a week ago and am still breaking out in pimples all around my mouth.. there small but when there all next to each other and super red theres no way it can't be noticed even with makeup :/ i hope this breakout subsides within the week cause i usually never have one that lasts this long but ill stay on spiro as long as i can and as long as its helping i honestly dont wanna go off it even if it wasnt for acne becuase i feel better overall especially with it fixing my headaches

so my plan for right now is to stay on 75mgs for the next two months and see what happens thennnnn possibly bump to 100mg although id rather not cause thats when i see ppl start to get unwanted side effects

day 168

so my breakout from upping to 75mgs cleared 2 weeks after i upped it and then i had clear skin for like 4 days no matter what i ate drank or whatever,it was the greatest thing ive ever seen ha hah then yesterday i noticed two little pimples forming and throughout the day iv had about 5 tiny ones pop up all over my face too. so today im about 4 days from my actual period but i noticed that im already starting it? or at least im definatly spotting and i have cramps so i think bumping to 75 is making my period start a little bit early even tho im on bc.

day 173

so i did in fact have my period 4 days early then it was over and now im starting a second lighter period indudced by my white inactive bc pills, i only have 2 days of the white pills left so thats probably when my second period will end. i have 3 active pimples and didnt break out as bad as ithought even though im having two periods and have been eating horrrriblllyyy for the past couple days lol its almost 6 months on spiro and i feel like my skin is consistently getting better as well as less oily.

Edited by poppinpoprocks

day 174

today i woke up with about 5 new pimples and 3 of them were all clumped together so i got a nice little red patch going lol.my face reallllyyy does not like when im on my period like i literally will go from clear to ten pimples within 2 days,so i decided since i already got my period 2 days earlier to skip my last white bc pill and go on to the next pack of bc. i feel by now i should stop breaking out around my period,but maybe its the new dosage thats kinda messing it up idkkkk ha hah im really waiting fr month 7 to determine what i wanna do.

day 176

so i noticed when im angry with my skin my posts are like a day apart ha hah but anywayyss the top of my face or above my lipline looks fantastic and is pretty much basically clear and the bottom half is red and swollen and looks like i frickin contracted herpes with that patch of 5 pimples lol it sucks cause i know the hyperpig from that patch is gonna take at least a month to go away on top of the fact that its already on old hyper pig. so yeah im feeling good -_-

day 178 (6 months overall)

that clump on my face still looks shitty but at least it doesn't hurt anymore so i know its dying down and now i only have 3 ACTIVE pimples left but i have like 12 bumps overall which makeup isn't even close to disguising lol its funny cause since i bumped up to 75 the only part on my face that is even slightly oily is my nose and now the rest of my face is totally dry, so im 'pretending' that maybe this horrific breakout is my face purging and that afterwards ill stay clear....ha...haha

im hoping that im one of those ppl that sees miraculous clearing within the 7-9 month range....and if i don't hellloooo 100mgs lol

(i bumped up to 75mg one month ago)

Edited by poppinpoprocks

day 183

still on 75mg my face isn't breaking out anymore,but iv'e decieded to go 'balls to the wall,' for lack of a better term hahah, and start eliminating all obvious dairy(milk,cheese,yogurt, icecream,butter and creme) since my dad is lacotse intolerent and this could be a possible cause for acne for me anddddddd i bought and acne lamp which i just started to use today that can be just as effective as benozoyl peroxide and antibiotics for some ppl. i figure since my acne gets signifgantly better in the summer that this would help and it comes with pretty much zero side effects

so yeah thats my plan im kicking it into high gear as of now lol

sooo i haven't posted in a while because im in a series of experiments i guess you could say and in my next post i will cover

vitamin D

acne lamps

dairy free diet

DKR

i absolutly hadddd to make this post though cause i think dairy is a main contributer to my acne and after being off of it for only a few days the 'ruddiness' of my face is gone. like my nose is usually always red as well as my cheeks especially even with slight pressure,but after a few days of a completely dairy free diet theres not that lingering redness i ALWAYS have. i barely ate dairy anyways expect i realized that everyday id have a cup or 2 or greek yogurt and lactose milk with my cereal,ive since cut these out and will countine to be dairy free for the rest of the month cause thats when ur supposed to notice any changes in your skin, but seriously its like my skin went from this always sorta red ruddy color to calming down to my natural paleness ha hahh so weird but very happy about it!!

Please keep us updated on how the dairy experiment goes! I am very curious! How is your face doing acne-wise?

oh i will im really interested too cause i remember that i just incorporated greek yogurt into my diet this year and iwould be eating it everyyydayy. i mean i already know im lactose intolerent cause my dad is too, so i think complete elimination of dairy could really help.

and as for my current acne,for a week my skin will be great then the next week everything will just start springing up,its gotten really unpredictable even though im on spiro the ONLY place i ever have acne is my jawline like on each sides of my chin, i never have issues any where else. the unpredictability of it has lead me to believe that dairy could be causing it.

Have you noticed the spiro has helped a lot? And are you on birth control with it? I've been on it 7 weeks now and am feeling discouraged. :-/

ive been on birthcontrol since age 15 im almost 20 now and yes spiro got rid of my cysts but im still getting breakouts of smaller pimples in all clumped together in the same spot,which since they aren't anywhere else,the acne is very noticeable hahah but im also on a very low dose of spiro only 75mgs and have been for 8 months so i dont think ive seen the full effects so far or will later if idont up my dosage,but im not going to at all if i find out dairy is the MAIN contributer to my jawline acne.

what dose of spiro r u on? and 7 weeks is really short to see results on it, id at lest wait till like 20 weeks to decide if u want to continue

ive been on birthcontrol since age 15 im almost 20 now and yes spiro got rid of my cysts but im still getting breakouts of smaller pimples in all clumped together in the same spot,which since they aren't anywhere else,the acne is very noticeable hahah but im also on a very low dose of spiro only 75mgs and have been for 8 months so i dont think ive seen the full effects so far or will later if idont up my dosage,but im not going to at all if i find out dairy is the MAIN contributer to my jawline acne.

what dose of spiro r u on? and 7 weeks is really short to see results on it, id at lest wait till like 20 weeks to decide if u want to continue

Yeah I know it's early i just read discourging posts sometimes that make me question if it will work! I'm still planning on staying on it. How's the no dairy working for you!?

so far the no dairy thing is great, i cant really tell skinwise yet, but sometimes when i ate a meal i used to get these sharp stabbing pains in my stomach enough that i would literally have to sit down or hunch over, this became so normal for me though that i just excused it alot of times or became very good at hiding it. now i noticed i dont get those pains anymore, i guess i sorta became so used to it, that now i dont have them im like "hey well this is nice!" hahah

ive completely been off of dairy for about 5 days now and am clearing up, butttttt this is usually the time of the month i clear up anyways so im slightly skeptical, iguess im just gonna have to see if its followed by another breakout or not to really tell.

before i start this post i would like to say i have one active pimple on my face thank god lol also i would like to warn that this post is going to be a very long review of the things i have done to maintain almost clear skin for the past couple weeks and what things i think worked and what didn't.

-blue and red light acne lamp- from one of my last couple posts i mentioned that i bought just a bulb that was pretty inexpensive and honestly i tried it for over a month and it signifigantly increases the healing time of any acne as well as diminishing it greatly. for the first week or so i did go thru a purging period then it really got rid of everything. theres no pain at all just a very slight warming sensation like feeling the sun on your skin and thats it BUT!!!!! i did stop using it because ive heard that you can get really bad retinal damage from using bluelight on your face even tho i close my eyes and use goggles its not worth the risk to me so i discountined its use.

DKR- for me this is just part of my current routine right now,nothing magical happened cause i was already using a benzoyl peroxide wash before. I do use dkr wash and very little of the dkr bp treatment every other day and i think it helps to keep the little whiteheads away or make just my overall acne less signifigant either way i like it and will countine to use it.

Vitamin D- a long time ago i remeber getting my labs sent back in the mail saying i had a vitamin D deficancy so about a month ago i started taking 4000 ius everyday and i really think its helping alot, along with taking out dairy which i will review next i think this is one of the main things keeping me clear

NO DAIRY- yessssss!!!!! i took this out a month ago too and oh my gosh my face has done a 360 like i literally cannot believe how it changed within 2 weeks. At first i didnt really notice a difference except the redness going down in my face then after about 2 weeks i just stopped breaking out even on my period i had like 2 noticeable pimples and that was it. i would like to say i had very little dairy to begin with so that might be why i saw results so fast but AT LEAST give it a month especially if uve been having it everyday. WIth my no dairy diet i dont eat things that r 'obvious dairy' as i like to call them like cheese,milk yogurt,cream ice cream,milk choclate those sorta things but i still have like cookies here and there and like 6 slices of bread everyday,chips, and whatever just stay clear of things that u know for sure have dairy in them.ALSO my dad is lactose intolerent and iv always sorta thought i was,so if you have acne and have any suspision you could be sensitive to dairy CUT IT OUT NOW!!! lol

so my routine for right now is:

no dairy diet

vitamin d 4000 ius

a zinc tablet

a b complex

dkr regimen (sorta)

75 mgs spiro everyday (8 months)

bc

so this is pretty much keeping my face almost clear and i could not be happier, also i am still on spiro 75mgs every day but it was still breaking out with like 13 littleish pimples around my mouth before i cut out dairy and added vitamin d even when i was 8 months in on spiro. like literally i was breaking out bad up until the week i cut out dairy so although i think spiro helps alot especially with my headaches and cramping i think my body was reacting to dairy like an allergy and now that its gone my skin is happy agian :) hahahha

feel freee to ask any questions i want to help as mnay people as i can!!!

so far the no dairy thing is great, i cant really tell skinwise yet, but sometimes when i ate a meal i used to get these sharp stabbing pains in my stomach enough that i would literally have to sit down or hunch over, this became so normal for me though that i just excused it alot of times or became very good at hiding it. now i noticed i dont get those pains anymore, i guess i sorta became so used to it, that now i dont have them im like "hey well this is nice!" hahah

ive completely been off of dairy for about 5 days now and am clearing up, butttttt this is usually the time of the month i clear up anyways so im slightly skeptical, iguess im just gonna have to see if its followed by another breakout or not to really tell.

Okay,so let me tell you something. You either stop taking spiro and eat healthier, either you wouldn't know if diet actually works for you while you are on Spiro. Eliminating dairy is good, but it's not enough, since threre are more foods that can cause acne ( especially Gluten and Sugar).

P.S As an experiment, stop taking Spiro for a month and eat dairy-gluten-sugar free during that time period. See what happens.

Edited by amy91

if i eat too much sugar yes it does cause acne for me like i had a lot of kettle corn and peanut brittle the other day and got a pimple. but my acne has decreased about 85% since stopping dairy so for me this is what works. I have done the no sugar gluten diet before but didnt completely eliminate dairy and still broke out now i can snack on small treats when i want to have bread whenever and stay clear.its really different for everyone im only 100 pounds so im trying to gain weight and eliminating things like bread ill wither away lol also with spiro i have no more headaches or severe cramping around my period and both of these things are related to hormonal imbalance especially migranes so ive done the super healthy diet thing before and it constantly stressed me out not to mention left me hungry and still with headaches and acne. i plan to cut back on it eventually but im gonna go to a doctor and nutritonist first to see what are the best options diet and meds wise especially since my aunt had endometriosis and my mom had cysts in her breast so it all kinda ties in together if you see what i mean lol i do my research lol

day 255 or 8 and a half months

still only have one pimple on my face and my face has been consistent like this for almost a month now so i really feel good about having it under control and attribute most of it too coming off dairy last month. im gonna keep taking spiro however for the rest of the year (still 75mgs daily) and ask my derm and doctor how long they think i should stay on it for. my skins finally clear enough to use my derma roller agian so i planning on doing that to help with the slight scarring