Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here I am again, tormented by how my skin looks. I was out in the sun all summer without sun screen. My skin looks horrible! I am all flush and I have small bumps on my head. This is due to rosacea. In addition, my scars are bothering me again too. I have these too old scars on my nose that I am convinced are a result of some idiot woman giving me a facial 20 years ago! If she didn't touch those small pimples I am convinced they would not have scared. She made my nose bleed. THAT FREAKING IDIOT!!! I also have some other scars here and there. But what is really bothering me is how horrible my skin looks because of the sun. :( I look at my face in snap shots taken off of my Mac and I get so depressed. I obsess about how I look. I want to get a TCA Cross for the few scars I have. But I know I have to do something about the rosacea first. So here I am, obsessed again. And will I do anything about this all? I keep on saying I will. I only go half way. I am amazed how I think I can look fine some months and hate the way I look others. Do people see me as the guy who has bad skin? I don't know. Maybe. All I know is, my skin problem is the torment of my life. :boohoo: Edited by jakeshake

It won't make anything better i know, but i understand how you feel. i have eczema on my face that needs certain creams to keep it under control but my skin reacts to every cream my derm prescribes or that i buy. I've got no option but to just leave it red and itchy and permanantly there.

Things like rosacea and eczema can't be cured and that's the worst thing.

Sunlight is one of the worse things for causing rosacea to flare up apparently so spending all summer basking in the sun might not be the best idea.

Theres a few laser treatments that can really help with rosacea and facial redness so they might be worth looking into. they're pricey but if it'll make a big difference to your skin and over all happiness then i'd pay any cost tbh. x

Theres a few laser treatments that can really help with rosacea and facial redness so they might be worth looking into. they're pricey but if it'll make a big difference to your skin and over all happiness then i'd pay any cost tbh. x

Thank you for your reply. I have read that some people warn never to do any type of lasers because it can make some skins much worse. I have even heard of some scarring. I don't know....

I love the water but not the sun. Do you think if I wear a white hat and sun screen perhaps I can go into the water during the summer?