Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iwantclearskin!:)

Makeup Forever HD Foundation for Oily Skin?

I have a VERY OILY T-zone and I'm using the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet Plus right now (which I LOVE even though it doesn't really help with my oil). I'm running out, though and I really wanted something with a bit more coverage (I know the Mat Velvet Plus is a full coverage foundation, I just want to try something new) and I wanted to try the MUFE's HD Foundation because I've heard such great reviews. I'm not sure how it will be with my oily skin, though. Help? :/

Edited by iwantclearskin!:)

I also have a very oily t-zone and thought about giving MUFE HD foundation a try since they have such a great color selection. However, I checked out the reviews on makeupalley and it doesn't seem to be such a great foundation for those with oily skin. Some reviews said it made skin look greasy/oily, and the foundation didn't last very long.

Although, if you really had your heart set on it, I think it might be possible to make it work for oily skin with a really good anti-oil/anti shine products underneath and on top of the foundation.

The best coverage foundations I've tried were MAC Studio Fix Fluid and Dermablend cover creme. However, with my oily skin and the humidity (I live in Hawaii so MU can just melt right off) those two ending up looking pretty greasy by the end of the day, or it just disappeared.

I've actually gone back to using Revlon Colorstay and it works great for me.The coverage is good enough and a good concealer is good for spots. I no longer like matte finishes though so I mix in a bit of liquid illuminator to give a nice dewy finish. Then I use a heavy duty concealer on the spots I really need it. After foundation I put Dream Matte powder in the spots I'm really oily, spray a setting spray on my face, then do a light dusting of HD setting powder. However, I think the real miracle worker is the Milk of Magnesia I blot on my oily spots after my moisturizer and before my primer. I don't look like a greaseball after a few hours...there's minimal breakthrough and it's a whole lot better.

Sorry to run on there...hope this helps. ;)