Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone! So I have mild to moderate acne on my forehead, cheeks, and nose. Last summer I was prescribed Epiduo and Finacea (I don't have rosacea but my dermatologist said it would help with redness/flakiness caused by the Epiduo). I've been using the two products for over a year (Epiduo at night and Finacea in the morning) and my acne is definitely better but for the last two months my forehead and my nose have been breaking out like crazy! I was running out of both prescriptions and they are both VERY expensive with my insurance so I decided to try something else.

For the past three days I've been using:

Morning:

-Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Facial Cleanser

-Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF 15

Night:

-Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

-Cetaphil Moisturizer

I'm going to replace the Cetaphil Moisturizer with the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion in a few days, I just want my skin to get used to the new routine before I add anything really strong. I've had success with Neutrogena before so I really wanted to try it again. My skin has been looking pretty good the last few days I've been using this routine but I'm just worried that I'm going to have even worse acne than I did before.

So my question is- has anybody stopped their prescription topical treatment suddenly and had great results? I'm tired of spending money on Epiduo and Finacea because they barely made a difference.

Edited by iwantclearskin!:)

Hi everyone! So I have mild to moderate acne on my forehead, cheeks, and nose. Last summer I was prescribed Epiduo and Finacea (I don't have rosacea but my dermatologist said it would help with redness/flakiness caused by the Epiduo). I've been using the two products for over a year (Epiduo at night and Finacea in the morning) and my acne is definitely better but for the last two months my forehead and my nose have been breaking out like crazy! I was running out of both prescriptions and they are both VERY expensive with my insurance so I decided to try something else.

For the past three days I've been using:

Morning:

-Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Facial Cleanser

-Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF 15

Night:

-Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

-Cetaphil Moisturizer

I'm going to replace the Cetaphil Moisturizer with the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion in a few days, I just want my skin to get used to the new routine before I add anything really strong. I've had success with Neutrogena before so I really wanted to try it again. My skin has been looking pretty good the last few days I've been using this routine but I'm just worried that I'm going to have even worse acne than I did before.

So my question is- has anybody stopped their prescription topical treatment suddenly and had great results? I'm tired of spending money on Epiduo and Finacea because they barely made a difference.

It kind of sounds like your skin has built up a resistance to what you were prescribed. I had that issues for a long time. Every couple months I would have to be put on something new. About three weeks ago, I stopped my applying my Differn and my Sulfate something or the other and started using Clean and Clear Advantage Kit. I only did this simply because I'm going on Accutane soon and I was sick of the topical they had been prescribing me. My skin is doing so-so. My guess is, your skin is going to build up a resistance to the Neutrogena over time too.