Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leeliverpool

Severe cysts spreading, REALLY need help please(Loads Pictures Inside)

I'm sorry, man, those really painful.

You seem to have a lot of pustules with green pus in them. I think that accutane will help you out in the long run.

I definitely think that Accutane is your best bet. I am sorry you are having to deal with this - it looks so painful! :(

Please reconsider not going to college. I know it will be really hard dealing with accutane and the breakouts and everything but once it starts getting better you will be glad you toughed it out. College is so important - don't let acne keep you from getting an education and living your life.

okay amm..i have severe acne too..one thing i would suggest is stopping the zinc....i had moderate acne for some time..then i started taking zinc and i broke out pretty bad...i read in an article that acne could be caused due to lack of zinc but also from too much zinc...thats one think i would do if i were u...also ..try getting a topical cream from a dermatologist....i know how u feel..i feel the same way everday..i never leave the house even though my friends say i should...

Why they're making you wait 5 weeks is beyond me.. Call your derm, let him know how much this is affecting you and tell him you need to start ASAP. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I feel ya on the college thing.. Maybe it is best that you wait, so that once you do go, all of your focus will be on your studies and not on your acne. Just do what's best for you!

Why they're making you wait 5 weeks is beyond me.. Call your derm, let him know how much this is affecting you and tell him you need to start ASAP. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I feel ya on the college thing.. Maybe it is best that you wait, so that once you do go, all of your focus will be on your studies and not on your acne. Just do what's best for you!

I went there 2 weeks ago and she said she would put me on the urgent list so i can get there ASAP but now they rang and said i have to wait 4 weeks blood test then another week for tablets..yeh i think im going to do that hopefully acutane works and then i can get a job or apprenticeship because of missing my collage course :/

really is rubbish that all my mates are going party's, camping, beach ect.. and im stuck in with painful acne

but thanks everyone for helping

Edited by Leeliverpool

If i were you i would not use any of those cleaning products like:

Clean and clear deep action face wash, which contains:

Cetyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Fragrance,

Alcohol dries out the skin severely, Acids also irritate the skin and fragrance can cause an irritant response.

Pan oxyl 5%:

Active Irritants: Benzoyl Peroxide (5%), Cetearyl Alcohol, Castor Oil, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide

This product is incredibly irritating and is probably the main cause for your skin issues. From the pictures your skin is hyper-irritated especially around your chin area, chin area is especially sensitive to drying.

In all 3 of the products you are using; ALCOHOL (dries out the skin), BP (can be irritating, causing drying and redness), OIL ( can clog pores), and a myriad of other ingredients that can cause an allergic effect and irritation of the skin. Your skin will improve if you pull the PanOxy garbage and pick cleaning products that are less drying and more moisturizing.

Edited by AcneExposed

Guest Timehealsall

Alcohol dries out the skin severely, Acids also irritate the skin and fragrance can cause an irritant response.

Pan oxyl 5%:

Active Irritants: Benzoyl Peroxide (5%), Cetearyl Alcohol, Castor Oil, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide

This product is incredibly irritating and is probably the main cause for your skin issues. From the pictures your skin is hyper-irritated especially around your chin area, chin area is especially sensitive to drying.

In all 3 of the products you are using; ALCOHOL (dries out the skin), BP (can be irritating, causing drying and redness), OIL ( can clog pores), and a myriad of other ingredients that can cause an allergic effect and irritation of the skin. Your skin will improve if you pull the PanOxy garbage and pick cleaning products that are less drying and more moisturizing.

i agree he should stop the products and just start accutane... but benzoyl peroxide and salycic acid... aren't these products primarily used to treat acne? I understand that alcohol irritates the skin (but what if the alcohol content is very minimal)?

Hey o.p.... one thing i would like to point out, atleast you have not seem to suffered any scarring (or seem prone to scarring).

be thankful mate

Pan oxyl 5%:

ah thanks for the help, could you suggest and moisturizer and a cleanser off www.boots.com?

I agree with the above poster. Your skin seems super irritated and inflamed. I would quit all products, it's probably causing further irritation. Wash with a basic cleanser and use a basic moisturizer and wait for the day you can start Accutane. It will works amazingly for you and in a few months, you'll be so glad you did. Good luck. I know how you feel about not wanting people to see you but be strong. :)

First, I am going to be a dickhead: Learn to spell college. First time it could be typo, second time no excuse...okay?

I am not a physician, but based on your photos and and your doctor's recommendation, you appear to be a good candidate for accutane.

So, what is the big deal about taking accutane in college? First, most likely you may have a severe break out, but for most people this goes away, and then your face clears up...and you can party hearty and have a great old time and even learn to spell after your accutane regimen is over (usually in about 6 months).

If you have bad side effects (most people don't) you will be taken off the medication.

You are now an adult, and adults take care of themselves. By not taking accutane to clear up your acne, you are not taking care of yourself. You wanted to be an adult for so long with all the adult privileges and responsibilities, well welcome to life, my friend.

BTW, there are probably thousands of students enrolled in colleges and universities who take accutane, so you are not alone.

Best of luck, my friend...you can do well, get an education and take care of yourself. I wish they had accutane when I was in college, but sadly, they didn't. I would have taken it gladly.

All the best,

Joe Zit

Edited by Joe Zit

Unfortunately, you have moderately severe acne (I have moderate acne). Like everyone else has been saying, look into Accutane. If you have moderately severe acne, or worse, severe acne (for those of you that do that also have M.S.A or Severe Acne), go the Accutane route. It's your best bet. Anything below Moderately severe (Mild, Mildly Moderate, Moderate), you don't need to go the Accutane route. It's not bad enough for that (for people with Mild, Mildly Moderate, or Moderate acne). Just trying to help others out while I try to help you out. :) Best of luck to you, though.

Edited by Kody_R_F

it may be an infection, i would ask doctor for two skin infection antibiotics. 1. Ceflex and the second Sulfur (Naprox???).

This would be to treat the two most common skin infections, staph and strep infections.

As well, take it easy and try to boost your immune system just as you have a cold.

I also noticed that you don't take vitamin D. It is good for your skin too.

I would see a new doctor and ask for a referral to a dermatologist.

Hang in there, I know it is awful and bad. But it will go away, please trust me.

Do not use towels. Only paper towels.

Watch some funny movies and boost your immune system.

I would get allergy testing as well.

I know its hard to change your diet.

You look like a handsome guy.

Remember, you are a smart, caring, handsome person.

People can look past the acne. Don't worry. Lots of people have bad acne.

I know While unwanted facial blemishes are clearly distressing for men, the impact of facial blemish on social and emotional domains; relationships and daily life; anxiety and depression (Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale); self-esteem (Rosenberg Self-esteem Scale); and quality of life (WHOQOL-BREF).

Men spent considerable time on the management of their facial acne (mean, 104 min/week). Two thirds (67%) reported continually checking in mirrors and 76% by touch. Forty percent felt uncomfortable in social situations. High levels of emotional distress and psychological morbidity were detected; 30% had levels of depression above the clinical cut off point, while 75% reported clinical levels of anxiety; 29% reported both. Although overall quality of life was good, scores were low in social and relationship domains—reflecting the impact of unwanted facial blemishes.

Conclusion

Unwanted facial acne carries a high psychological burden for men and represents a significant intrusion into their daily lives. Psychological support is a neglected element of care for these men.

Perhaps, asking the doctor for an antidepressant with dopamine would help with the psychological burden and pain. As well, psychological support such as seeing a psychologist, or just trying to have as much fun as possible.

laughing to forget your problem. Watch movies. lots of movies. preferably comedies.

spend as much time as you can enjoying life because of this heavy burden can really wear you down.

best of luck

hang in there!! it will be ok

I know I recently had a swollen face and I didn't want to be seen, but it got a lot better over the last month using antibiotics. ceflex and napro???

avoid people that are mean. Join a church group. Sing, Dance and be happy.

take care

my friend said neostrata cured her acne.

i have tried stevia (retin A) for years and nothing.

Also, i would stop shaving. it may be ingrown facial hairs. I think you should stop shaving c

you should go out with your mates

are you from englnd

people don't care

people think about themselves 90% of the time

except when they fall in love then they think of the other person 90% of the time.

you should check out the psoriasis website. Imagine having it all over your body. painful skin rash. My daughter does.

I know it sounds really simple and useless, but try using ice cubes and put it on the areas that are inflamed or active for about 10-15 minute each? It'll hurt with the coldness, but once it numbs that area its not that bad. I find that ice cubes helps lessen the size. It's worth a try, it's definitely not a cure, but it helps control at least something for now.

I personally will hold off college or at least take online classes in the meantime, but if you're strong enough to start college I really admire you.

GOOD LUCK! I can't wait to read your successful story in the future.

Pan oxyl 5%:

i agree he should stop the products and just start accutane... but benzoyl peroxide and salycic acid... aren't these products primarily used to treat acne? I understand that alcohol irritates the skin (but what if the alcohol content is very minimal)?

Hey o.p.... one thing i would like to point out, atleast you have not seem to suffered any scarring (or seem prone to scarring).

be thankful mate

benzoyl peroxide and SA should only be used for spot treatment if you want to reduce a scar (SA) or get rid of a pimple (BP). Biggest mistake people do is when they use this stuff on their entire face especially for long periods of time. This in turn causes the skin to go out of whack, starts to get dry, redder, and more sensitive. That's when people start to see hard, dry bumps, those deep painful bumps and around the oily areas the cystic acne.

Came off antibiotics about a month ago which i have been on for around a year now my skin was clearish, i have tried all the topical gels ect.. tried all the antibiotics and i have tried so many different face washes scrubs,spot gels the lot even tried salt, steaming face,tea tree everything possible.

Since coming off the antibiotics my face has never been so bad i have massive cystic acne covering whole of my chin its on my nose and all across my forehead its that bad i can't eat properly it gives me headaches and i wake up with blood and yellow puss on pillow and bed sheets every morning

Just started a regime tried making it as close as dan's regime as i could im currently using and taking

Been taking these for a week now skins getting worse :s

Vitamin E 67mg

Vitamin B complex (100% rda for all of them)

zinc 60mg

Vitamin C 1000mg

I do this regime am and pm but at pm i use the face wash in the shower

Clean and clear deep action face wash

Pan oxyl 5%

Clean and clear Dual action Moisturizer

Not eating any dairy or sweets or chocolate and im changing towels and covers every two days and keeping hair off face i don't squeeze or pic anything i have missed?

My life is so bad right now i refuse to go out my house even tho my mates say they don't care but i care and i don't feel comfortable going out with it on my face so i won't have a good time. im not even going to go collage September if it doesn't clear up a bit

Doctors said there putting on me acutane in 5 weeks time but thats just as i start collage so i don't really want to take it in collage and my skin get even worse so i want to sort it out now

Pictures where taken today sorry bout the covering up eyes and stuff just its that embarrassing

Thanks

Since it got worse after you got off of the antibiotic, you may benefit from a good probiotic, if you haven't tried that. It will help to balance out the good and bad bacteria in your body that is necessary for a healthy gut -- which we know can cause skin conditions. I would try Dr. Ohira's Probiotics for a while and see what happens.

@ Joe Zit

Your message trends more unsympathetically than out of courtesy. Considering you're a past/current sufferer, a little discretion would be considerate.

@ Lee

You're doing the right things and I understand your hesitancy with Accutane. Remember your mental health above all else and from where your insecurity stems. Keep up with your dermatologist and don't let "dickheads" get you down. Definitely consider your diet and never rule out the possibility of dairy/gluten/soy being an issue. Nuts are often common allergens, too. As for cleansers, keep SAcid to a once-a-day regimen, using a gentle cleanser at night. BP may just further irritate your skin and may be better used later down the road for strictly spot treatment. Lastly, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Good luck to ya' and here's hoping you find rightful peace!

Edited by Kyle H

Picture of me 2 months before :|

Alright Lee

Your skin looks very painful. Have you tried icing them to take down the inflammation?

Also you are a fitty.

In terms of acne stopping you going out with your friends and going to college... WHY?! It's only skin. It gets us all down and we are all super frustrated with it but at the end of the day, we have very little power over it. We do, however, have control over our actual lives - and whether or not we choose to live them.

Personally, and I'm speaking from experience, bailing on things because I'm embarrassed of my skin causes feelings of relief, but mainly I'd feel depressed and like an idiot for missing out.

Go to college. Qualifications are SO important - you need them to get a job!! I think when you look at your resume/curriculum vitae in ten years time, you'll either see a heap of qualifications, job experience and education establishments... or nothing. Because you can't put 'I had acne' on a CV.

After saying all that, I will also add that my heart goes out for you in your sitation but I know that pity isn't going to help you through this. Take in what everyone says on here, they are all really helpful and knowledgable. Read as much as you can, get all the information available to you so that you can make the best decisions to help your skin. Sometimes trial and error prevails so patients is key here!

Good luck buddy. PM me if you want to chat.

Up the Brits! x

i know this is hard for you to go through. you really should try

to get on accutane. your acne is not going to respond to topical treatment.

best of luck to you. remember God made you in his image and you are beautiful just

the way you are!!!