Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dollyjoon

who is feeling alone and needs a place for support

hi guys its savannah

i know with having acne we can sometimes push others away or miss out on doing fun things because we dont want to be judged :boohoo:

so anyone who is feeling down or needs a friend or just support we'll create a family on this thread and lets all be here for one another

:D

hi guys its savannah

i know with having acne we can sometimes push others away or miss out on doing fun things because we dont want to be judged :boohoo:

so anyone who is feeling down or needs a friend or just support we'll create a family on this thread and lets all be here for one another

:D

I'm feeling pretty down right now, and could use someone to talk to. I think I hit reverse, and all my progress I made is disappearing. It's rather disappointing. I was actually feeling good about my face for once, but not anymore. Massive breakout right now, and I hate looking in the mirror. I'm losing hope that I will ever beat this.

WELL U CAN ALWAYS TALK TO ME=]

yeah i absolutly hate that feeling its like u have come sooo far and then its like rewind start from the beginning as for me im on accutane so no breakouts really but the red marks still linger and is driving me absolutly crazyyy!!!!!!

Thanks! :]

It's frustrating more than anything, but I think it's withdrawal from BP. I think I'll have to go back on it. I can't handle these breakouts.

Oh, how is the accutane going for you? I hate red marks too! Hopefully they will go away soon! :]

Well my acne has cleared up a lot, but my skin still looks bad when compared to my friends perfect skin, and I wear makeup so boys call me pretty and like me, but now my friends r being mean to me, and I think it's because they're jealous that lots of guys like me, and I'm pretty sure they talk about me behind my back now, and today I got so worked up over I cried when I imagened all the things they're probs saying like "I don't get why boys like her, she has acne, she's not even very pretty!" or "If those boys saw how she looked without makeup, they would wonder why they ever liked her!". WHY CAN'T I HAVE GUYS AND FRIENDS!!!!??????!!!!!

sorry I just realized that post was sorta off topic, just needed to get it out i guess lol

Edited by wishing2Bclear

By posting that, I'm not saying I agree with everything he says but some points he brings up are good in my opinion. I've only seen the first part of that video, btw.

@callum talk to me tell me everything that is making u feel sad were all in this together!!!

@wishing2beclear UGH!!!! im a model and i had guys liking me as well and my "FRIENDS" would constatnly get pissed and talk about me i eventuallykicked their ass ha!! u havnt done ANYTHING WRONG there being dumbbb girlss>:( and i made a formspring and wow people r so brutal!!!

@09alisa accutane is working fanatastic!!! have u maybe considered it?

@lupislazuli were all in this together so dont feel lonley=]

I feel really hopeless right now :( I had this pimple that only formed 2 days ago but already today there was a huge head just sitting there. So I squeezed it with two Q-tips, and it bled really bad and now it looks awful, and there's an indent in the middle where the head was. I hate this because now it means I have to hide from people for awhile and slather polysporin on it for a few days.

@callum talk to me tell me everything that is making u feel sad were all in this together!!!

@wishing2beclear UGH!!!! im a model and i had guys liking me as well and my "FRIENDS" would constatnly get pissed and talk about me i eventuallykicked their ass ha!! u havnt done ANYTHING WRONG there being dumbbb girlss>:( and i made a formspring and wow people r so brutal!!!

@09alisa accutane is working fanatastic!!! have u maybe considered it?

@lupislazuli were all in this together so dont feel lonley=]

I'm glad it's working for you! As for me, it never has crossed my mind. I know I couldn't afford it, and I don't like the side effects that come along with it anyways.

Although my skins helaing and looking really nice right now, IM sverely worrisome.

Schools 17 days away, and I have to go camping for 3 days Wednesday. I plan to do my same regimen, face washing, Erythromycin....so there ownt be a change there. But do you think that it will hurt my skin? Or will the mountain air refresh it?

I personalllyy believe that clean fresh air HELPS the skin and it also helps u to feel better inside which in turn shows on the outside .

and if u just continie your routine all should be fine. just get enough sleep=]

yeahh i understand=) what r some things u have tried?

I've tried a lot, from prescriptions to topicals. I'm back on BP and my breakout is under control now. It looks like I can't go off of it. That's okay though. I'd rather have clear skin that anything! :]

Im sure everyone with acne needs someone to talk to about it sometimes. To other people that have or had it. I get sooo self concious about it. My forehead is mainly clear but my cheeks are horrible. Especially since i just started 2 new medications... inital breakout most likely. I have hope though that these will work for me. Im going on vacation with my best friend to myrtle beach friday though. hopefully I can just not worry too much about what i look like and just have fun.

I moved out of my house last week to a different city for college, and the girl I had very strong feelings for switched up the game on me and started dating another guy. I don't start college for another week and am very nervous, lonely, and depressed. Why does this have to happen to me every summer!

Sorry but I just feel the need to vent right now! My brother gets married tomorrow and I'm in the midst of a horrendous breakout!!!! Huge red angry lumps that keep getting horrible heads on them. I have one on my chin that I've popped 4 times now, not on purpose it just seems to explode each time I wash my face!!

I dont think I have ever felt so low about my acne. I guess on a "normal" day it would be classed as mild to moderate and I know I've seen people on here with far worse (and my heart goes out to each and everyone of them). However I've suffered with acne since my teens and I'm now 37!!! When will this end!

I'm fed up of making excuses not to do stuff with the kids. I promised to take them camping in the hols but I just can't right now.

The thing is I realise that no one cares about my acne like I do, certainly not my kids or my husband, and there is nothing physical stopping me from doing all the things that I want to. It's just the way I feel about it like when I catch a glimpse of myself in a shop window or a mirror and I feel physically sick.

Sorry just wanted to rant and get things off my chest. I am soooooo not looking forward to tomorrow and I know I'll be up 2 or 3 times in the night to check on my skin. Cant wait for Sunday night when Im back in the safety of my own home.....

Hi Teffy :D

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. I know what it's like when there's something you want to just go ahead and enjoy but your skin takes over your thoughts and you struggle to get around them. I've lost count of the events I've pulled out of and things I've cancelled, or all the times I haven't had a choice in something so I've had to go along and suffer through it. Sucks. :comfort:

I assume at 37 that there are a lot of things you've tried to solve your acne? I started out with acne when I got to about 12 years old, just about getting over it now and I'm 26 in a couple of weeks. I probably prolonged my acne because it was barely moderate, but I think it was made worse by the harsh products I used and the poor diet I had. Plus I used to have a problem with picking my skin and popping pimples which only kept things going. Correcting those things seems to have helped me turn a corner, but if you happen to have worked on things like that and looked at internal causes and so on without much luck, I reckon I'd be speaking to a dermatologist and asking for Accutane. Have you taken Accutane before, or looked into?

You know, sometimes it is all about perception. If you look happy, smile and be confident, that is what people see. They look right through things like acne. Took me a long time to figure that out and believe me when I say that how I used to think cost me a hell of lot as far as my confidence and social life were concerned.

So, although probably easier said than done, I hope you enjoy tomorrow and get to have some fun without focusing too much on your skin. Worry about it doesn't do it any good and the stress only adds to it and makes you feel rubbish in the process.

The best advice I can give there is to try and change your mind-set, do things which make you happy. You aught to try and make the most of things with your children in the school holidays, be a shame to let that pass. I'm sure you know that, no doubt, but I can promise you that acne doesn't seem like such a big deal at all if you don't allow it to control things and instead enjoy yourself and do the things you want to. :)

as some of u guys may b knowing i was about to go on a date with my net frnd but was worried ab my acne breakouts!!!so listening to some replys i shared some insecurities with him...just little bit..nothing too much..the guy started ignoring me from then...and he just canceled our date few days after....

as some of u guys may b knowing i was about to go on a date with my net frnd but was worried ab my acne breakouts!!!so listening to some replys i shared some insecurities with him...just little bit..nothing too much..the guy started ignoring me from then...and he just canceled our date few days after....

That's his loss. Even though it didn't quite work out, it doesn't mean that sharing those insecurities was the wrong thing to do. After all, I'd guess it's better that you shared them prior to the date because it wouldn't have been very nice if he'd behaved that way in person. Any decent guy who who would already interested in you should primarily interested in getting to know you better, regardless of of insecurities or acne or anything like that. I don't think I'm living in a dream world or being naive in thinking that, I honestly do believe that there are plenty of people out there who look beyond acne. The trick is finding them. Try not to feel down about it, the right guy will come along eventually! :D