Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prophecy105

So frustrated...

So I was put on Veltin (1.2% Clindamycin and .025% Tretinoin) in March for acne on my forehead. I was told to use it all over my face, so that's what I did.

I started off slowly and worked up. I'm not up to every other night and am about to boost up to every night.

Well, my forehead is now clear, but my cheeks are broken out and HAVE been broken out since April.

I swear, they never get better. It started off as tons of little bumps. Then, my cheeks started breaking out in whitehead where the bumps were.

It's been 4 months and I am now scarred with tons of inflammation red spots and am still experiencing the occasional whiteheads with the bumps still persistent.

I don't know what to do anymore. I really don't. BP burns my skin and causes me to peel like a really bad sunburn, even if I use it every other night or a couple times a week. Would a BHA help? I am 22 and before this, my cheeks were perfectly clear. I'm on Ortho Tri Cyclen so I know it isn't hormonal.

I've called my derm and she's seeing me again in August. I am not sure if I can take any drugs like tetracycline because I'm on immunosuppresants...

I'm at the end of my rope here. I just do not know what to do anymore. Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by Prophecy105