Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ivy.

Bumps on forehead after sun exposure.

post-143133-1311990297_thumb.pngSo before summer came along I didn't get any acne on my forehead. Now since it has been summer, 3 times now I have had a severe case of 'forehead acne'. It comes in the form of tiny bumps all across my forehead that are not filled with anything and do NOT pop if I squeeze them. They are in various sizes.

Now I didn't know what caused these bumps but I would put tea tree oil, BP, aloe vera, honey...etc on them and eventually they would calm down and go away (I believe mainly due to me picking them off)...

I went camping on the weekend and after 3 days of being out in the sun, come monday morning my forehead is FILLED with tiny little bumps all over my forehead.

I still washed my face during camping, and so I have NO idea WHY my forehead has these bumps other than because of the sun.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I don't know if it is dermatitis or folliculitis or 'polysomething or other light erruption'

I am FED UP.

post-143133-1311990297_thumb.png

Edited by Ivy.

AHHH! This is exactly what I have right now! I get these randomly, and then they just "magically" disappear somehow. But like 2 months ago, I woke up, and BAM! I have them still :( I hope someone knows what these are and can help us :(

Guest Timehealsall

i wudnt pick them if i were you.... cud cause scarring.

got a picture?

I've tried taking a pic of them before, but with no avail. They're not really noticeable with my camera's quality. But they're small, almost the size of the pore itself, and they're not red or anything, just the same color of the skin, and with no head.

Guest Timehealsall
So before summer came along I didn't get any acne on my forehead. Now since it has been summer, 3 times now I have had a severe case of 'forehead acne'. It comes in the form of tiny bumps all across my forehead that are not filled with anything and do NOT pop if I squeeze them. They are in various sizes.

Now I didn't know what caused these bumps but I would put tea tree oil, BP, aloe vera, honey...etc on them and eventually they would calm down and go away (I believe mainly due to me picking them off)...

I went camping on the weekend and after 3 days of being out in the sun, come monday morning my forehead is FILLED with tiny little bumps all over my forehead.

I still washed my face during camping, and so I have NO idea WHY my forehead has these bumps other than because of the sun.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I don't know if it is dermatitis or folliculitis or 'polysomething or other light erruption'

I am FED UP.

cud be dermatitis, but a picture wud help...

I've tried taking a pic of them before, but with no avail. They're not really noticeable with my camera's quality. But they're small, almost the size of the pore itself, and they're not red or anything, just the same color of the skin, and with no head.

well the o.p. classified hers as "severe" forehead acne... which means it should be red

Picture I added doesn't do it justice and my other good camera is broken.

its hard taking a picture because they show up barely at all with low quality cameras.

My boyfriend decided to take his 'water proof' camera under water and now it's busted....sigh.

Mine are not normally red....like I had some bumps before camping and now its like I have more bumps all squished in the same area so its turned into a weirdly shaped red lump...

want to rip my face off.

Guest Timehealsall

did picking at these bumps cause any scarring?

Im not sure, as its hard to tell from the photo, but that could be a form of tinea something (Forgot the exact name)

Edited by Timehealsall

Guest Timehealsall

if you want me to, i can send the photo to a derm i know (Top derm supposedly in one hospital) and ask him?

if you want me to, i can send the photo to a derm i know (Top derm supposedly in one hospital) and ask him?

The picture might not be high enough quality, not sure.

Basically all I know is that the bumps appeared after 3 days of being out in the sun and I still washed my face as usual while camping.

Don't know if it's a heat rash or what.

And no it doesn't cause any scarring from what I can tell. I get hyperpigmentation marks from white heads if I pop them, and they leave a little icepick scar...but these ones don't leave marks.

Guest Timehealsall

Basically all I know is that the bumps appeared after 3 days of being out in the sun and I still washed my face as usual while camping.

And no it doesn't cause any scarring from what I can tell. I get hyperpigmentation marks from white heads if I pop them, and they leave a little icepick scar...but these ones don't leave marks.

you only get little icepick scars if you pop them? or even if you don't pop them?

I think what you have than is a rash. Give it a few days

you only get little icepick scars if you pop them? or even if you don't pop them?

It usually stays for quite sometime but I never really kept track of its duration. Usually I just scratch or pick them off one by one until its gone, and I know I shouldn't, but they're not normal pimples.

and its if I pop them I get an icepick scar (if it scabs over, and the scab comes off early, or if its a whitehead and I pick out all the whitecrap it leaves a hole).

Guest Timehealsall

It usually stays for quite sometime but I never really kept track of its duration. Usually I just scratch or pick them off one by one until its gone, and I know I shouldn't, but they're not normal pimples.

and its if I pop them I get an icepick scar (if it scabs over, and the scab comes off early, or if its a whitehead and I pick out all the whitecrap it leaves a hole).

you mean, scabs over after you pop it? Or are you talking about the drying/peeling process of a pimple (i.e. how the pus on the pimple dries up (some people think this is scabbing) and than falls off)?

If you don't scar from picking at those things on your forehead... than just pick them off.

Guest Timehealsall
moisturize that area and cut BP, Tea Tree Oil and honey. Make sure the aloe vera is stabilized.

stabilized?

once my derm told me that honey+sun=brake out

of course she might be wrong

Its possible, During camping I had washed my face with honey on saturday and saw the breakout on sunday - But they are not normal pimples really, they are just filled with clear liquid. But I can see how its possible.

you mean, scabs over after you pop it? Or are you talking about the drying/peeling process of a pimple (i.e. how the pus on the pimple dries up (some people think this is scabbing) and than falls off)?

If you don't scar from picking at those things on your forehead... than just pick them off.

Scabs over after I pop it.

And some of them don't really come off, it depends on their size. The bigger ones don't really budge if I try and popthem because there is nothing in them.

It clears up after awhile of me picking at it, but not 100%....just wish I could talk to a derm and get professional help....2 more months to go before derm appointment...waiting 9 months blows.

Guest Timehealsall

Scabs over after I pop it.

And some of them don't really come off, it depends on their size. The bigger ones don't really budge if I try and popthem because there is nothing in them.

It clears up after awhile of me picking at it, but not 100%....just wish I could talk to a derm and get professional help....2 more months to go before derm appointment...waiting 9 months blows.

2 months will come dont worry

I think I've had the same problem (it's hard to get a good picture of them, I know!). I went to the derm and was prescribed a retinoid. It's helped tremendously.

I also started using an Olay face wash with AHA and it has helped a lot too. Maybe you could try that first?

Good luck! Just don't mess with them because there's really nothing you can do (learned that the hard way..)

Oh! I think I may have gotten those before too.

I started noticing them when I was 15 when I started my first job working in a corn field (lol) and I was outside ALLLL DAY. The sun was literally beating down on my head (I should have worn a hat ha).

But yeahh it even bleached my hair it was so sunny out..

I think mine lasted for like 3-4 months. They were annoying as hell. I couldn't pop them and even if I tried to nothing would come out. > w <

But yeah im 17 turning 18 now and they haven't came back. -crossed fingers-

Man hopefully yours clears up 'cause I know what a nuisance they can be. D:

I have them too:( I am scared of putting a retinoid on them as I don't want to aggravate them and have them turn into big, red, inflamed pimples.

I have been using a benzoyl peroxide wash 4% once a day for about a month.

It's a tiny bit better- maybe? However, a few have gone through the process of getting bigger and inflamed.

I'm wondering if it is better to use a gentle cleanser and retinoid?

I'm also wondering if they will go away once the weather cools and I'm not exposed to the sun as much?

Can anyone offer advice?