Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on accutane for 10 days 40mg daily and on the 3rd day I broke out like mad and now I have so much acne. I feel so ugly that I have stayed home straight for 10 days and never once been out. I miss hanging out with my buddies I actually even lied to them that I will be going away until next Saturday on a trip. My day goes by waking up at 10am and stay on the pc till 9pm after 9pm I would call one of my buddies up and talk until I sleep which is like at 1am. Sigh life sucks my confidence is so low but hopefully this works and life should be back on track. Sorry I just had to vent.

There's nothing wrong with venting. An initial breakout from Accutane is inevitable. That's a good thing! It means all the stuff that was lodged in your pores is finally surfacing and being cleaned out. You will see a major difference in your skin around the end of the 2nd month. That's when most people start seeing results. Just be patient. Learn to breathe. You don't have to sit inside all day and play on the computer. That will just make you feel worse in the end.

Thanks Sima but 2 months is just so unbearable I just want things to be un-active on my face then I would be happy. I forgot to mention I work out at 6pm to make myself feel so good but that only lasts awhile. Ever since accutane I haven't been able to run as much as I have before and that gets me kinda upset too. I have a question too, when my physician prescribed me my accutane he didn't do any blood tests at first.

Thanks Sima but 2 months is just so unbearable I just want things to be un-active on my face then I would be happy. I forgot to mention I work out at 6pm to make myself feel so good but that only lasts awhile. Ever since accutane I haven't been able to run as much as I have before and that gets me kinda upset too. I have a question too, when my physician prescribed me my accutane he didn't do any blood tests at first.

Sorry, I know it is unbearable. Not only was my acne unbearable, but it was very painful and emotionally scarring. I'm sure you know what that's like. I don't know why you didn't get blood tests done.. :shrug: That's very unusual since they are required.

Are you from the US? blood tests are required in the states to even get a perscription. And don't worry about the IB. I know it's tough but in a few months acne will be a distant memory! Hang in there!

Are you from the US? blood tests are required in the states to even get a perscription. And don't worry about the IB. I know it's tough but in a few months acne will be a distant memory! Hang in there!

No I am not from the US. I am from BC, Canada. He did warn me about all the side affects and such.

Finally it has died down and i'm so freaken happy I think 1 more week then everything will be cool and calm and then all that's left to heal is my redness. My lips suddenly aren't dry no more. Usually at night I feel kind of depressed where I actually kind of think about suicidal thoughts but i'm an optimistic guy telling myself that it's just accutane and i'm crazy if I do anything to harm myself.

hi sweety

i want to let u know i got my IB the same time u did it was itchy and painful but mine did NOT last long and i have a tip for u!!!

ok well i popped alot of the bumps but i applied DESTIN DIAPER RASH CREAM or any diaper rash vream with ZINC OXIDE i popped then got everything out then put a dot of the cream on the area popped(b4 bed) then u wake up the bumo is 100 percent FLAT!!!!! no more bumps

trust me BEEN THERE DONE THAT

ALSO!!!! for more support u should watch youtube videos and type in accutane journals

my favorites r MATTY6042, CHRISLAX, AND PRETTYHAROLD=D

hope this helps darlin

ALSO!!!! for more support u should watch youtube videos and type in accutane journals

my favorites r MATTY6042, CHRISLAX, AND PRETTYHAROLD=D

hope this helps darlin

Was there still redness after the cream? Thanks alot im going to give this a try.

umm well there were still some marks but not too bad actually and it didnt really make a difference in the redness

and if u watch the videos tell me if u like them=)

Just keep one thing in mind: it will be worth it in the end.

It really does get worse before it gets better.

Make-up helps lots too.

It doesn't cover the texture but it'll make you feel like an avg-skinned person atleast.