Notifications
Clear all

Lost pigmentation after TCA Cross

MemberMember
(@kaleygirl1)

Posted : 07/29/2011 4:33 pm

So I had two TCA Cross Treatments done professionally about a year ago. I am happy with the results of how my scars have filled in, but I am left with no pigmentation in the areas treated. I am very fair and have freckles, so they do blend in, but I would like to try and get some color back in them. I just got engaged last week and want to fix it! I am not confident it can be fixed, and was told you can't get pigmentation back after it has been lost, but thought I would ask if anyone has discovered anything. Has anyone had anything done to get pigmentation back and it worked? Thank you for any suggestions.

MemberMember
(@brawn)

Posted : 07/29/2011 9:57 pm

small area = excision

larger area = dermal grafting

MemberMember
(@reeja)

Posted : 07/29/2011 10:00 pm

I`m not aware of any way of getting pigment back other than sun exposure. but that will just add more mottling of the skin. Maybe look into some kind of tatooing.

Can`t you just cover it up with makeup for the wedding ?

I don`t think excision is a good treatment if you are unhappy with lack of pigment. I think it leaves a scar.

MemberMember
(@wish-we-could-go-back-in-time)

Posted : 06/02/2021 1:06 pm

I know this topic is old and the person who made it doesn't visit the forums anymore. But can someone explain to me what he/she meant by lost pigmentation after tca cross? I've only been able to find hyperpigmentation issues after this treatment, and that's what I got as well, but lost pigmentation means what exactly?